When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Advanced Akiha V. Combos/Tactics Discussion (New OTG and Ciel only combos!)  (Read 47378 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
I'll get one up in a day or so. If you can do the OTG properly, the tech punish is free.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Re: Advanced Akiha V. Combos/Tactics Discussion (New OTG and Ciel only combos!)
« Reply #101 on: September 07, 2008, 08:09:00 AM »
Update your replays with that shit you showed me at BBG7 so I can leech and devise a plan to stop it........ >:( >:( >:(
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
It's a bit late, but off the topic of starting momiji loops without the 2C...

Sion: 623B 5A 2C 623B 2C 623B.  Tricky, if there are hits before the first 623B, it is even harder.
Aoko: Impossible.
Akiha: Impossible.
Tohno: Impossible.
Arcueid: 623B 2AC 623B 2C 623B.  Works just as well if there are hits before the 623B.
Ciel: 623B 2AC 623B 2C 623B.  Pretty simple, be careful to hit 2A soon enough they don't otg.
Wallachia: 623B 2AC 623B 2C 623B.  Absolutely trivial. 5A also works but I still feel like this is harder. 5A is slightly more damage though.
Warc: 623B 5AC 4C j.AB dj.ABC.  5A will hit, but 5A 2C doesn't work, so you need to be a bit creative.  No otg, remember, since you have double wallslam.
Nanaya: 623B 5AC 4C j.AB dj.ABC.  Same as Warc.
V.Akiha: Impossible.
Kouma: 623B 2AC 623B 2C 623B.  Easy.
V.Sion: 623B 5A 2C 623B 2C 623B.  Same as Sion.
Miyako: Impossible
Hisui: 623B 5AC 4C j.AB dj.ABC.  Pretty much the same as Nanaya and Warc.
Sacchin: Impossible.
Ren: Impossible.
W.Ren: Impossible.
Nero: 623B 5A 2C 623B 2C 623B.  2A actually whiffs, surprise.
Kohaku: Impossible
M.Hisui: 623B 5AC 4C j.AB dj.ABC.  Same as Hisui.
Necos: Obviously impossible.

have fun with tech that you will probably never use.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Cheezy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
lolol bump.

Hi, I'm a fairly new MB player (pretty late start huh?) and I was just wondering what's some good starting combos to learn?

So far I these are one of the few combos I know;
2A 2A {5C 4C} 2C 5BB jA jB jump jB jC
and I guess I can do some momoji loop

What's the difference between TK8 and TK7 flametounge?
What is BnB?
I also don't understand the OTG's listed in the combo thread. 2A x5? I can't do more than three 2A at a time because vakiha is too far back by then.
last question, doing 228C with the keyboard, how the hell? All I get out of that is a jump.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 03:34:27 PM by Cheezy »

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
You're going to want a pad or stick if you are going to become serious about this game. Keyboard has too much of a curve to learn it. To answer a few questions:

TK8 flametounge moves you directly up when you do the flametounge; you should land right where you started after the little jump. TK7 will move you back a little, just as TK9 moves you forward.

A BnB is a 'Bread n' Butter,' basically meaning a standard combo. The combo you mentioned in your own post is one of V Akiha's BnBs. (A simple one, of course.)

About OTG combos, make sure you get your target down with an untechable knockdown. (623B, 2C, or j.C for example.) After the knockdown, it sometimes helps to dash in, then start the 2A mashfest. Make sure you don't pause in between 2As, that may give your opponent a chance to tech out of the OTG.

228 takes some getting used to. I personally don't play the keyboard, so I have no idea how it does with any TK moves. (I heard it's easier on keyboard, but I have no idea.)

As for combos you should learn, the mid-screen momiji loop is always useful, so practice:
2A (5B) 5C 4C 2C 623C (pause) 2C 623B 2C 623B 228B/C
That will put your enemy in the corner, and in a flamepit from anywhere on the screen. As long as you have enough meter for the initial 623C, the rest of the combo should build you up enough to do the Ex-Flamepit.

Other than that, get the Momiji loop down pat, and learn her OTG combos, as both are vital to playing her.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Cheezy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Thanks man, I'll practice those combos.

As for the keyboard, I don't plan on switching to stick/pad. I do fine with the keyboard and feel comfortable with it. Just a few moves that are a little hard but I can bypass that
I use wasd keys for movement, the numpad(7,8,9) for attacks and + for shield. Q for heat mode/grab.
edit: the OTG's seem impossible for me. The opponent just jumps out at some point after I do the 2x a5
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:09:15 AM by Cheezy »