When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Backwards TK flametongues and other trinkets of frustration.  (Read 4211 times)

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Backwards TK flametongues and other trinkets of frustration.
« on: December 05, 2007, 07:48:32 AM »
Am I investing my time well trying to get these down?  They're exceedingly difficult (the stick reads input 8 for 1 frame constantly.)

Also, I still can't get the timing reliable on the blasted airstring.  (j.AB j.ABC) it seems that the A's will randomly 'stick' and not cancel into the B, and I get a string of useless or worse, dangerous A's that allow the opponent to tech.

~M

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
Re: Backwards TK flametongues and other trinkets of frustration.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 09:01:19 AM »
Am I investing my time well trying to get these down?  They're exceedingly difficult (the stick reads input 8 for 1 frame constantly.)

Also, I still can't get the timing reliable on the blasted airstring.  (j.AB j.ABC) it seems that the A's will randomly 'stick' and not cancel into the B, and I get a string of useless or worse, dangerous A's that allow the opponent to tech.

~M
The only reason I can think of the A's sticking in your aerial strings would be that you are hitting the B's too early. Either that, or your B button is malfunctioning.

TK7 flametongues are highly beneficial since they protect you from some pokes that TK8 do not. With enough practice, you should be able to pull it off on demand.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 09:19:29 AM »
Thank you, Magz.  Do you have any advice for practice techniques to refine my directional control so I can more consistently do TK7s?

~M

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 09:24:54 AM »
Thank you, Magz.  Do you have any advice for practice techniques to refine my directional control so I can more consistently do TK7s?

~M
In all honesty, I don't even know how I'd explain it. It was so easy back on the PS2 and switching to MBAC PC completely threw me off. I'd recommend just trying it a bunch of varying ways until you do it and figure out what you did, then repeat it. It's annoying as hell until you figure out the sweet spot to the joystick.

What I personally do is jump from between 6 and 9 all the way to 7 when doing a forward TK9 flametongue. Your mileage may vary, though, so do what feels most comfortable. If all else fails, there's always the TK8 B flametongue which is kind of a ghetto TK7 A flametongue >_>
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »
The difference in difficulty between triangle jumps with pad and stick are so HUGE. >.>
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top