hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Examining a V Akiha Match - what's really going on and stuff  (Read 8165 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
Examining a V Akiha Match - what's really going on and stuff
« on: November 01, 2007, 07:25:36 PM »
This vid is LEGENDARY

The legendary triple perfect vid. Why did it happen? Satoken did everything right, that's why. Even though this is MBAC version A, a lot of things that he does are still possible and the strategies are still usable today. I wanted to explain what happens because a lot of people trying to learn V Akiha actually don't understand much of her strategy or why players tend to do certain things. I actually learned a lot from this video.

Here, Satoken is playing Akisute, a pretty good Nero from what I heard. I don't really study Nero players, so I wouldn't know. However, Satoken clearly shows V Akiha's corner potential here. Let's hop to that analysis stuffz;

0:05 - Raep starts here. Satoken starts the corner loop into flamepit.

0:13 - V Akiha's basic mixup. Here Satoken does an IAD jA into jC. Akisute blocks low, so he eats another combo.

0:17 - Satoken decides to combo instead of relooping and goes into an OTG. Since they are on the ground, Satoken is also gaining health. Keep this in mind when your pit is up. You can't see it since Satoken hasn't taking damage though  :teach:.

0:19 - This is an advanced OTG mixup that I still use. People know that V Akiha can cover techs well, so they tend not to tech. Akisute feels pressured here, so Satoken does a double airdash whiff jC 2A. Note that doing this out of a 5BB consistently takes some hefty time in the training lab. Double airdashing makes the whiff timing closer to the opponents rise time, so it looks like it's hitting, but it's not.

0:20 - Satoken whiffed jC into 2A, does one loop and finishes with 2C 5BB jA jB jA jB jC OTG. This is a popular strategy for enemies at mid-health since it puts them into pit and leaves them open for another mixup. Satoken takes game one.

0:28 - PERFACTOOOOO.

0:33 - 5A rox.

0:36 - I guess he didn't expect to get the counter hit. Here Satoken baits Akisute into using 5B by double jumping after the beginning of his "blockstring". 5B would have raped his IAD, but Satoken gets the jC from above.

0:45 - Satoken uses a TK flameribbon to cover a potential wake up activation and deal with any mashing. Akisute just blocks it.

0:47 - jB was an unconvential mixup setup for V Akiha - she can either double jump or land normally. Satoken instead manages to get in a airdash jC by jumping again and airdashing very quickly. This also takes quite a bit of practice to get used to.

0:48 - Satoken takes advantage of a common player habit - opposing players block low while you are comboing in case you mess up. He gets Akisute with a 6C after landing. Not to practical in this situation since he's in the corner, but whatever.

0:54 - Satoken ends his OTG with a TK flameribbon, hitting Akisute (who remembered the last mixup) out of his tech. Using this or 236C will keep people from teching regulary. Note that it is harder to hit with now that the range of the move was made a bit smaller in Ver B2.

0:57 - Side Swap combo with jB does more damage. Get used to doing it.

0:58 - Satoken baits a tech by "messing up" his OTG by only doing the very beginning of his OTG. This can work since if you do mess up, you are left open to attack. Akisute takes the passive route and gets hit by it on the ground.

1:01 - Satoken follows with another 236C to keep Akisute pinned on getup. This does more chip damage and keeps him sitting down in the pit longer (which is always good).

1:05 - PERFACTOOOOOOOOOO.

1:11 - Psychic airthrows are always good. They can change the tide of a match and give you an upper hand, especially as a V Akiha player, where you need the knockdown.

1:13 - Akisute blocks IAD jA airdash jC. This is a good example of V Akiha blockstrings.

1:15 - Whiff cancel bait. Satoken cancels his whiff into 2C, but Akisute just sits through it. This can work when you mixup between restarting your blockstring or following up.

1:18 - Other side of the mixup. Satoken IAD jA's into 2A since Akisute is expecting the jC.

1:20 - I don't know why he does this - I know you can combo, but he messes up. Akisute techs and gets comboed again.

1:28 - LOL Satoken sux. To be fair, it was harder to loop in Ver A. Satoken follows with another 5B bait.

1:33 - Throws did a lot more back in the day. The time Akisute stays in the pit, he's losing health.

1:40 - PERACTOOOOOOOO.

--Hopefully this'll stir up some activity for red.  :blah: :blah: :blah:

Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Examining a V Akiha Match - what's really going on and stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:10:54 PM »
We need Arly's Nero.  :slowpoke:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline kasuya

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 06:27:31 AM »
Great analysis LK!

You pointed out many things that I missed, even though I watched the vid many times!

I realize the importance of IADs in V Akiha's mixup/wakeup game.. just need to get my IADs down consistently :( Still having problems with timing my attacks after the IAD.

Things to do:
- Practice IADs/IAD mixups
- Learn the damn side swap combo
- +heat for LK

EDIT: ok im a noob. how to i + heat :p
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 06:34:27 AM by kasuya »

Offline Dracover

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 07:57:20 PM »
i'm a nub at v.akiha so correct me if i'm wrong but the nero plzyer tended to choose def ova any sorta risk. like i c the west coast matchs and ari's nero like occasionally throws out a random move like a j c or a 2b to throw off mags rythem. maybe u can explain wats making this nero block all the time or is it just his a more def player and really just falls into v.akihas advantage?

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 09:00:10 PM »
v. READ BELOW EVERY1.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2007, 06:11:16 PM by Lord Knight »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »
i'm a nub at v.akiha so correct me if i'm wrong but the nero plzyer tended to choose def ova any sorta risk. like i c the west coast matchs and ari's nero like occasionally throws out a random move like a j c or a 2b to throw off mags rythem. maybe u can explain wats making this nero block all the time or is it just his a more def player and really just falls into v.akihas advantage?
This is just a guess, but the Nero is probably afraid of Satoken's V. Akiha whereas it's the reverse in my matchup against Arlieth's Nero. Fear plays an important part in most if not all fighting games. This video is the perfect example of that.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 06:03:18 AM »
EDIT: ok im a noob. how to i + heat :p

You need to have at least 25 posts.

Daaaamn, her mixup is too strong for me! How the hell can I even think to wield even half that power?
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 06:37:24 AM »
Great analysis with lots of useful information. I've been thinking about picking up V.Akiha, and this will help me along my way with some great mixup ideas and tech punishes. +Heat for you, Lord Knight :D

Offline Dracover

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »
k thanx magz just means i have to get my friend to be scared of my v akiha...so not happening rite now =(

Offline micxiao

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 07:27:21 AM »
v.akiha's 2C 623B loop is soooo hard to do on keyboard...  :V

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 01:04:48 PM »
v.akiha's 2C 623B loop is soooo hard to do on keyboard...  :V
your keyboard crushing is weak!
thundering waterfalls

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 01:21:25 PM »
[awesome wall of text of awesomeness]
Fantastic analysis. I didn't even know of half the shit Satoken did there. :O Seems my holidays will be filled with delicious V.Akiha training. :D

+HEAT for you. :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:01:08 PM by DominicanZero »
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Blumoon

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 08:04:56 PM »
Wow, what an inspiration! That's got to be the best A. Vermillion play I've ever seen. Not to mention the excellent analysis. Thanks a million for posting this. Well, time to continue my training! :3

...:::Nick

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 06:09:13 PM »
I'll actually try to get another one in because there is no V on defense in this match at all.

Offline ritchan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2008, 05:55:35 PM »
It's impossible to loop the QCF+A/B/C followed with a Down+C like he did. Did they change that part?

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 06:22:49 PM »
It's impossible to loop the QCF+A/B/C followed with a Down+C like he did. Did they change that part?
I was not aware that it was possible to loop QCF+A/B/C to begin with. Are you sure you're not talking about 623B 2C? Because that's the standard loop that V. Akiha is capable of and it's practically essential to her game damage-wise. Check the other thread LordKnight made for information about executing it.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."