When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Akiha Vermillion

n00b here and his advice (worth a dime, at least!)

(1/3) > >>

ritchan:
I can own pretty much anything my friend plays, except for his Nero, with whom he completed the Arcade mode on difficulty 5. So yeah, I'm still struggling in stage 2/3 in Arcade mode now.

Here's a few things I learned since I've been playing this:
Flametongue on the ground (QCF+B,C) is useless.
Pit's nice, but I get hit way too often.
Shield is useless.

And complaints/things I'm not sure of:
My reflexes don't allow for blocking. Good players, I think, block instinctively. Is that correct?
I am producing something valid on the screen, but I'm really mashing (repeating the combo sequence) the buttons until V. Akiha jumps after knocking the enemy into the air, for instance. I should play more cleanly. What do you guys think?
I can't pressure Nero when he's on one side of the screen, and me on the other side with him spouting reindeer and crows and ground monsters in my direction.
I cannot for the life of me pull off a Bunker Cancel. (insertmovehere)+QCB+D+(insertkeyhere) right? It only worked 5 times for me over a span of 2 hours. Are you supposed to be able to pull it off reliably?
EDIT: hehe... finally got to stage 4 in arcade mode.

Merrubi:

--- Quote ---Shield is useless.
--- End quote ---
...lol

Blocking is instinctive in the sense that you shouldn't be mashing all day to get hit by random shit.  Again with mashing for combos, hit buttons with purpose.  Otherwise you may/can/will get the wrong stuff occasionally when you don't want it, and when you do that with her you generally die.  When playing Nero, usually you want to play safe enough not to get hit by summons/random 4c.  Wait for him to mess up, get the knockdown, and lock him in the corner.  Bunker cancels pull you out of blockstun.  So it is: You getting hit -> shield bunker into whatever you are canceling it into.  She doesn't really have many good cancel options so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Arcade mode should be cake, comps don't block. =<

Alfonse:
TK Flametongues (flametongues done just as you lift off the ground) are part of high level VAkiha play, practice it well.

Bunker Cancel gives you more hassle than any advantage, so if you can't pull it for the life of you, give it up. At your current level, you should be practising some basic BnB combos.

MagnusXL:

--- Quote from: Tropnepod on March 16, 2008, 03:47:10 AM ---Arcade mode should be cake, comps don't block. =<
--- End quote ---
Correction: The AI doesn't block on wake-up and tries to throw you at the start of the match, even if you're no where near them. :teach:

lrdalucard:
Honestly o.o
I like to train this way.

Level Dificulty: 5
VS CPU: Red Arcuied <- She almost act's like a pro with air combos and Air throws
I think is good training for starters XD.
I do that myself. 
No joking ^^ -> I did that during a few Hours I made it start playing Lv4->5 in same day o.o
(Ofcors >.> don't move so fast, rise one Level of dificulty each time u think u are geting strong
enuf to suport a higer level.

Pc is not bad choice at the start, but u ppl right. If u want to be "more pro" u should go out on in internet looking for some, hardcore players. XD (I sugest u go mirc channles, lokking for it)
Gl m8 =D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version