hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: V Akiha MATCHUPS Thread!  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
V Akiha MATCHUPS Thread!
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:00:44 PM »
Well I'm seeing some new V Akiha players so lets stir up some discussion. . .

Obviously matchups matter for V Akiha the most since you have to use really good judgement to fight everyone. What's our strategy? To knock them down and then rape them with superior oki.... but getting some of these guys to stay down is quite a workout. Based on that character matchup chart that Hato and Kou made, Sion, Ciel, Warc, and Miyako win outright (They disagree on Tohno and Len - Hato says Tohno wins and Kou says Len wins).

First off - can someone tell me HOW V Akiha has the "advantage" on M Hisui? I've only struggled vs her and no one really plays her except XAQ (who I never get to play) and kijea (on WC). She's also supposed to stomp W Len (who I think I struggle against just because of lack of exp).

On the other hand, some of the matches she loses are possible. V Akiha can outclash Ciel - any time you jump into a clash battle, just crank dat 2b - practically a guranteed win right there. Sion is difficult for obvious reasons. . . Miyako is surprising to me, but I guess her air to air is just too strong.

I also have problems vs Nero (but who doesn't) - it's not a rape match but it's supposedly in her advantage, maybe it's because he's one of the few characters that can punish tk flameribbons? I don't have much exp vs him either but I definately know I can't mess up (like in every match)

As far as characters that she can beat, Akiha is a breeze as long as you A) pay attention, and B) knock her down first. Her limited escape options make it easy to just rush her down with just STUFF. . . as long as you don't mess up (notice a pattern?). Also jB air to air is rape. A lot of Akiha players use j236b rather than A, so if you air mid-range you can take advantage of that and just run up and airthrow before the move becomes active. If they do get to use it, they try airdashing in after the ribbon and using jX, so just airthrow them if they get predictable. Then simply meaty into 236C, bait anything you think is coming, and go for them mixups.

I feel like a lot of her advantageous matchups are like this - like Kohaku and HisuKoha give me trouble until I just stop them, then I run all over them with oki.

If anyone has M Hisui advice, PLEASE share - there aren't even Hato matches up vs her.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
Re: V Akiha MATCHUPS Thread!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 11:16:31 AM »
Hmm... let's see.

I definately agree that Ciel, Sion, Warcueid, and Miyako are total annihilation against Ms. V. (Ciel the most, I'd argue)

I think V Akiha is at a major disadvantage against Kouma, too. I think so because his damage output is so freakin' high. Though V Akiha has a major speed advantage against him, a lot of that doesn't help when that slug of a character eventually catches you.

I have a lot of trouble against Akiha with V Akiha, but I don't have much experience against her. (Damn, where'd all the Akiha players go?!)

Advantage wise... I guess I can see how she can get the best of Kohaku. I'm not sure... maybe Satsuki? Her damage output isn't as good as Kouma's, while her speed is practically the same. (Save her jump)

As for the Mech, Akiha's double air dash can easily evade Mech's arsenal of projectiles, many of which are very punishable if missed, depending on what range you're at. And once you get the Mech in a flamepit, what can she really do to recover from it? 22C if you're too hasty, but that's easily baited. Other than that, what? 214D? The Mech's poor mobility don't help her much in the corner, and that's where all of V Akiha's game is in. I'd say that makes a good advantage.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Alternate275

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Tourney Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • ROUND 2
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »
So once again I am here =P

DISADVANTAGEOUS MATCHUPS
Warakia
Warc
Tohno
Nanaya
Len
Miyako

STALEMATING MATCHUPS
Sion
VSion
V. Akiha
Aoko
Ciel

ADVANTAGEOUS MATCHUPS
Kouma
Arc
MHisui
Nero
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:01:59 PM by Alternate275 »
Love fighting games? Check us out =3
http://round2.Forumer.com

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 05:45:21 PM »
OK, let me see. . .

DISADVANTAGEOUS MATCHUPS
Warakia - Is hard to fight in neutral. Wara's jB is just way too good. His pressure can keep you locked down for a while. On the other hand, he restricts your blockstrings massively because of 5B and 2B. 2B shuts down all ribbon options except for a spaced j236B (NOT tk'd). 2B rapes as anti-air, and jB rapes with air to air. You're only hope is to knockdown with airthrow or something and oki to death since you do a shit ton of damage and he has shitty defense. Not fun at all. 6/4 - Warakia advantage.

Warc - Oh lawdy, this is V Akiha's worst matchup by far. Another jB that rapes her. Simple. Warc controls airspace better than you can. Try to fight her the way you fight Warakia. 6.5/3.5 Warc adv.

Tohno - Tohno isn't awful, but it sucks to fight him in neutral because of his jA. jC is also pretty homo. His pressure is meh but he has good anti-air so careless flying will get you raped. Airthrows and well spaced jB's do well vs him. 5.5/4.5 Tohno adv.

Nanaya - I'd rate this match the same as Tohno, but for different reasons. jA is still gay, but PRESSSSSUUUUUUURRRRRREEE. Once Nanaya makes you block, good luck. Keep an eye out for sj mixups and overheads and DON'T challenge his shit. If you smell a throw, a jump is MUCH safer than mashing because Nanaya gets 5.5 K easy. 5.5/4.5 Nanaya adv.

Len - Len is dumb. Her air game is dumb. Flying around is the only way to win. She's a lot like Wara - gdlk air to air and anti air. Proper (extremly proper) spacing is needed to deal with this cat. Also oki is harder since she's so small. Either 5.5/4.5 or 6/4 Len adv.

Miyako - Another small dumb loli bitch. Although you have ribbons, Miyako has jA/B/C. Also her pressure is gdlk - and her grab is 2.5K for free. Again just sit and wait, unlike Nanaya her overhead is meh, so wait until she goes for a throw and jump out and FLYYYYYY. Also watch out for 214b crossup but it can be sheilded/dodged on reaction. You also have to change your pressure vs her since she has the best roll. 5.5/4.5 Miyako adv.

EVEN MATCHES

Sion - Sion's tools are her gayass damage and 6B throw. Also she's got amazing pressure. However her pressure relies a lot more on guessing games than the likes of Miyako or Nanaya. At neutral, Sion can't do much about you flying around and spamming ribbons intelligently - however she does have jC, so watch out for clash. 5/5 even

VSion - VSion is similar to Sion aside from pressure. Summon mixups suck for you, and VSion has good dmg output. Treat her pressure like Nanaya and Miyako - she also does 2K off throw (or 1.3K in arcade :D). Her jC is gayer than Sion's (in my experience at least) it clashes with your jC and you can't do shit. 5/5 Even

V Akiha - duh lol.

Aoko - Has GREAT camping tools in orbs, but so do you. 214A/B, j236B and 228B all deal with orbs and 228B and 214B will beat random lasers. You don't have much freedom and flying, and you must restrict airdashing in your strings, because of her anti-air. 5/5 even.

Ciel - Ciel is gay but you can beat all the gayness. Ciel only combo sends her to corner fullscreen and you can get a pit off it. You can beat Ciel in clash battles and jC hits low enough to hit her out of her dash (as does jA). However, Ciel is gay. 5/5 even.

ADVANTAGEOUS MATCHUPS

Kouma - Fly, VAkiha. Kouma has a high damage output but she can fly a lot better than Kouma can. Dash SJ lets him keep up but still, VAkiha has mobility. Thanks to double airdashes and stuff you can keep him guessing when to sheild. Intelligent use of ribbons in pressure keep him from sheilding in the middle of your blockstrings. 6/4 Vakiha adv.

Arc - Arc is floaty so she's a nice target for ribbons and jA/B. Arc has good offense but 214b is free bara. Throw only does 1.4K at max (and no one goes for that combo so realistically its 1.2 or so). She does have a jCAB mixup and a fuzzy that she can combo off of, and because of her floatiness, she has good air offense. However VAkiha controls air better than Arc and deals with her air to air well, along with 2C anti-air being effective. 6/4 Vakiha adv.

MHisui - MHisui's mobility is bunz, but she has good zoning. Dash beats jetpack. Use oki to just rape her but watch out for wakeup sheilds or arcdrives. Getting hit sucks because of high damage output but you can do the same to her. 5.5/4.5 Vakiha adv.

Nero - Nero has good zooning but Vakiha can deal with most things with dash 2c (whiffed 4c, A Deer). VAkiha's lockdown is too strong for Nero, and she has several moves that beat jC (jA, jB, 2c). 5.5/4.5 Vakiha adv.

(will edit with more later)
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top