hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Hisui thread! VERSION Bee, TOO!  (Read 46449 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Hisui thread! VERSION Bee, TOO!
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2008, 08:58:15 PM »
How should Hisui be played against Ciel?

Hit and run and as safe as fucking possible. Whatever was safe against the rest of the characters in the game suddenly doesn't become safe whenfighting against Ciel, all thanks to the likelihood of 236C looming afterwards. Bait flash kicks, look out for 2B's when activating heat, jump around jump around, etc. And try NOT to use 5C much.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Villainous

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • stabstabstabSTABstabSTABthrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
snip

Ok, that should help a lot, I did not know that her 623B had upper body invincibility. That'll help a lot vs. his jump ins, as Arc's j.C seems to have retarded priority and beat out most of my anti air options on the ground, and also seems to beat anything I try when I jump.

While we're on the note of anti air, does Hisui have anything that's air unblockable?

Generally, characters in the air are unable to block against most attacks from a grounded opponent.  This means for, an example, a standing 5A will always hit an opponent in mid air regardless of if he tries to block or not (They can still shield or hit you with another move however).  I have heard this term being called "Guard crushing" from other peeps.

That being said, most of Hisui's grounded normals except the 6b will guard crush an opponent.  I i think the 623-b Dust in the air is unblockable as well (please verify).  Her Hisui-doken though is perhaps the best move since it covers a massive chunk of the bottom screen.. and it cant be air blocked ;3. 

Oh wow I didn't know grounded normals being unblockable in the air was in this game. I started out playing nero and people have been able to block a lot of my ground pokes in the air but I guess maybe that's because his stuff has such retarded range it wouldn't be fair otherwise. I was wondering tonight how come if I jumped at jump midair and started spamming j.A till I landed, the landed 5A would always hit. Good to know!

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Talk to the cello, bitch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2008, 05:39:08 PM »
The only unblockable Nero normal is 4c. His 5b and 2c are great because they've got huge hitboxes and are air unblockable (like most normals.)

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 20, 2008, 09:44:30 PM »
The only unblockable Nero normal is 4c. His 5b and 2c are great because they've got huge hitboxes and are air unblockable (like most normals.)

Nero 4c is blockable on the ground . the first hit is air unblockable, but the 2nd hit isnt

Offline Frostbolt

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2008, 12:28:16 PM »
Hey can some of you guys give me tips on how to Beat Miyako, i just got slaughtered over and over by a friend of mine :(

Also I cant seem to get the 2AC tech punish ever on practise x_x
~3~

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »
Stay on the damn ground. If you have to do air to air against her use j.B.

Just get your chance to create space, put out bentos, chairs, and start throwing pots, and get ready to 623B when you can, otherwise play hit and run, or entirely defensive if you'd like. If she gets in on you then good luck getting her off. Miyako doesn't really have worthwhile tech punish set ups outside of using meter to do so, so use that to your advantage as well.

:psyduck:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Frostbolt

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2008, 02:44:58 PM »
wow thats like my whole game gone (stay on the ground)

How did you know i jump x_x
~3~

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2008, 03:04:54 PM »
Because it's a given in this game. There are some match ups where you should just be IAD'ing back with j.B to create space and some where you should be teetering around the other character. Hisui is flexible like that. Chances are if the opponent's character is rushdown oriented, then you'll have the means to keep them the fuck out, UNLESS you end up jumping /sj'ing everywhere like a doofus, in which you're giving them an invitation to meet you up in the air and lose (Hisui's air game isn't all that great imo).
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline vedasisme

• Apprentice
  • this chair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 21, 2008, 08:55:12 PM »
I'm trying to do the [C] 2C B jABC jBC AT combo, but when i get to the jABC part, once i get to jBC, i can only connect either the jC or the AT...

I've pulled off the entire combo less than ten times, is there perhaps some sort of timing I'm getting wrong?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #84 on: February 21, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »
Your timing is likely off, trying doing it faster.

Though I'm not sure why you'd use that combo.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline vedasisme

• Apprentice
  • this chair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 21, 2008, 10:32:52 PM »
it's a good high-damage combo that doesn't require circuit, that's mainly why i use it.

I'm a fairly mediocre player at the moment, though so I'm not sure why you'd say it's a bad combo...

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #86 on: February 22, 2008, 04:50:29 AM »
Oh I just got for the regular BnB really, but if that combo's is working for you then by all means keep rocking it.

:V
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline vedasisme

• Apprentice
  • this chair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2008, 11:28:58 PM »
haha, after mastering that combo, i realized that there are other variations of it that are easier to pull off and do more damage.

such as, BC 2C 6B jBC jBC AT

Offline vedasisme

• Apprentice
  • this chair...
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
it's been a while since i was last here, and i've definitely improved a lot.  However, my friend who plays Wara who started playing before me still beats me all the time.

It's mostly because I underestimate Warachia's range, and also because of dash-in 5B, which he uses in his blockstrings all the time during gaps where I think I could possible jump out.

Are there any tips specific to playing against a warachia?

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2008, 07:09:18 AM »
Warakia has really good range but that also works against him, so make sure to take advantage of it with stuff fu. Because of his extended hit box it's really easy to get counter hits on him with pots and lamps as he tries to zone. As for defending against his blockstrings, you can try to put out an EX dust if the gaps are large enough, which would force him to back away if it comes out.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2008, 04:19:27 AM »
Also, Hisui's 5A can hit Warachia's annoying jump-over-backdash jC stuff.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2008, 11:15:03 AM »
Also, on distance, you can also force the high-speed cloth hanger and metal tray to come out if you quickly press 6 right before pressing B when using Stuff-fu.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2008, 05:05:14 PM »
Honestly I'd keep rushing the guy down.

And put mats out~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 24, 2008, 08:37:10 PM »
Whenever I get a knockdown, and do a 2b or 2c meaty, they always get "counter" if they try to attack.
Is that bad, is it my mistiming? Also, when you time the meaty, do you want the end of the attack to hit them, or the beginning of the attack?

When I played against Prinny's Arcueid, I could spam A all I wanted without getting a counter on wakeup.
And people seemed to be able to heat/backdash when they woke up against my meaty midscreen.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #94 on: June 24, 2008, 09:47:46 PM »
If you're going to go with meaty use 2a or 2b. You can use 2c too, but 2a and 2b are the optimal normals to use here.

As for the timing, well you basically want any part of the normal to interupt them getting up, so that they have to wake up block. If they seem to be mashing 2a on wake up try whiffing a 2a and going right to j.2c for counter hit.

As for them doing heat or backdash on wake up, try double jumping over them and coming down with j.c to punish heat, or hold 5.C to clash with it. To get them backdashing, hold 5c to chase after them too.

Against ex hiero happy Ciels, use 2a for meaties when they have meter, so you can cancel straight into shield.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2008, 05:11:01 AM »
What Chibi said and also...

Whenever I get a knockdown, and do a 2b or 2c meaty, they always get "counter" if they try to attack.
Is that bad, is it my mistiming? Also, when you time the meaty, do you want the end of the attack to hit them, or the beginning of the attack?

Doesn't matter if you hit them at the beginning or the end of the meaty, as long as they wake up into active frames of the move. You'll cancel into something else and it'll either combo if they didn't block, or you'll get a blockstring if they did block. I'm not sure about getting a counter hit on your meaty. It could mean you were late by a few frames and they tried to attack but maybe you can also get them on a perfectly timed attack, I don't know. Just time it as best as you can it's not that hard with practice.

When I played against Prinny's Arcueid, I could spam A all I wanted without getting a counter on wakeup.
And people seemed to be able to heat/backdash when they woke up against my meaty midscreen.

Wakeup heat, backdash, reversals (moves with invulnerability frames) all beat meaty attacks, even if you time it right. That's where you need to read your opponent, know what he's about to do and react accordingly. Chibi already gave a few options on what you can do in some of these situations.

You should add 5b to your list of meaties too. Mix it up with 2b to discourage people from shielding on wakeup.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2008, 11:57:48 AM »
I see, so it was just a mistiming on my part.
Because when Prinny did meaties against me, I spammed heat as fast as I could, it wouldn't even come out.
Yet when I did it, I got heat-countered all the time.

How many frames do you get to heat safely?

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »
Not sure on how many frames you get to buffer it but you're much better off timing it than mashing it. Mashing inputs is rarely the solution. I'd say never but I'm sure some asshole is going to find a situation where you gotta mash it out.

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2008, 06:52:31 PM »
Also, I found a "new" BnB that has good potential.
When I hitconfirm and know that I hit confirm, I'll do this combo, minus some of the first few steps depending on when I get the hitconfirm:

2a 5b/2b 2b/5b 2c 5c 6c jBC djBC airthrow.

It's basically the same as the normal one with an added B.
5B2B does a bit more damage than 2B5B
If you get a jC in the corner, doing 5B 2B instead of just 2B gives you about 400 more damage.

I don't think it's worth it most of the time since you need to be a bit closer.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
If you're that close to begin with try doing 2ab5c, 2c, 6c, j.c, air dash, j.c, dj.c, throw~
~*Hai! Back to Japan!