When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Hisui

Hisui wake-up?

(1/4) > >>

Xavori:
What should Hisui do on wake-up? And what are the pros and cons of 5B? ((It's not covered in the main Hisui thread's "Normals to know" section.)) Also, is the stuff-fu command 2142A or Ren-style 214A2?

F9|Chibi:

--- Quote ---What should Hisui do on wake-up?
--- End quote ---

Block.

Yes I'm serious. Things like jumping straight up, back dashing and the like are character / situation dependant. Outside of that Hisui has no specials worth using as a reversal, and that includes ex-ladle.

--- Quote ---And what are the pros and cons of 5B?
--- End quote ---

pros - Really awesome priority, has clash frames. Good to use in block strings, stuff an opponent from wake up jumps.

cons - lack of range, doesn't look sexy.

--- Quote ---Also, is the stuff-fu command 2142A or Ren-style 214A2?
--- End quote ---

Stuff-fu commands:

2142A - Just pot, comes out very quickly, good to use to control the air. Peak of the arc is higher then pot books, so it covers less space horizontally.

2146A - Just book. Also comes out very quickly, hits twice and has clash frames (if I'm not mistaken). Tiny bit of frame advantage on block.

2141B - Pot books. Both pot and book come out together, excellent way to control space and as a means of getting in. Comes out slower then using them individually, but still really good. Pot here comes out slower but has a lower peak in its arc, so it covers more space horiztonally then just pot.

21416B - Tray books. A flying metal tray and book come out together. Tray comes out VERY fast, good to use when you want to force your opponent to into a situation, or to keep nailing them from across screen if they're attempting to set things up (Aoko for example). Book also comes out.

Those are the ones you should be using primarily, the others aren't all that hot.

;p

Xavori:
Aww, anti-male shove doesn't look sexy? :3

Anyways, thank you very much!!

Tsubasa☆:
I'm also going to voice the dissenting view that 5B is sexy looking.

Constructive edit:
I was too busy justifying 5B to add real input. ^^;

Stuff-fu options:
I happen to enjoy using 2143A and 2143B on occasion.  It's for the big vase, which arcs slightly across the screen slowly.  1. It arcs ever so slightly higher than any of the completely horizontal options and 2. it's slow, so it persists for a while.  2143B also comes with a horizontally flying clothes hanger, so that covers the space directly in front of you better than 2141B, at the sacrifice of anti-air.  I toss out 2143B sometimes when I don't feel the need for the metal tray in 2146B.

puKKa:
AD works great, and is safe, though it's a bit pricey. 236C gets beat up by most moves and even 2A spam, but it can work against some moves with recovery. But if it misses.. yeah.. you know what happends..

I think blocking is a good choice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version