When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Hisui

j.BB Tech Punish Strings

(1/9) > >>

Sphyra:
I get asked every once in awhile about this stuff, so using copy pasta magic in paint and some free time I decided to list down the various strings that I use to go into j.BB tech punish setups so you never have to airthrow again, or at least less often. It's possible to go from anywhere on the screen using the correct string. These all assume you are facing the right corner and will bring the opponent there at an appropriate distance to catch them with 5A 2C tech punish.

If you don't know about the j.BB setup you can find more about it in Ikusat's Hisui video.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tRF2tZPdnec

Note that this does not cover all the possible strings, only the ones I use most. Also, I wrote down the numbers based on Hisui's positioning, not the opponent. It should all be fairly accurate but some of it may vary slightly (using a different ground string without as much pushback, for example).

2A 2B 5C(2hits) 2C 6C j.C airdash j.B dj.ACBB
Covers about half the screen. I often delay the first j.B in this string to push them further and gain better height spacing. The doublejump needs to be neutral (input with 8 instead of 9).

2A 2B 2C 5C(2hits) 6C j.BC dj.CBB
Works from around the 1 on the map to the corner. Again, neutral doublejump. I usually prefer the first string as it often offers a better height, especially on some characters that can be harder to punish, but this can work too.

2A 2B 2C 5C(2hits) j.BC dj.CBB
For when you're just passed the middle. Input the first jump neutral if you're really close to the center and forward if you're a little further away from it.

2A 2B 5C(2hits) 2C 6C j.C airdash j.BB
Kinda hard to catch forward techs with this one but if they tech neutral or don't tech it does the job for that range. This could also work from position 2 with a neutral jump but the other string easily deals more damage.

2A 2B 5C(2hits) 2C 6C j.CB dj.AC airdash j.BB
It's considerably harder to tech punish off this one when you land as the timing seems to be more strict, but if you want to go from full screen this will carry them all the way to the other corner with you right in position to catch them. This can also be used after catching a forward tech (5A 2C 6C j.CB dj.AC airdash j.BB).

F9|Chibi:
Going all the way from the opposite corner for a tech punish is a bit much, don't you think?

One and two should be necessary to learn, but three and four I'm not sure of.

Just my humble opinion on the matter.

(I've never see any of these combos in match vids either, but then every freaking Hisui I've taken note of is bonkers and rarely share things in common outside of just the 5A 2C tech punish in the corner).

Personally I'm just trying to get the combo in Iku's tutorial down for better spacing (at the beginning of the situational combo section for tech punishing).

>_<

Sphyra:
I rarely use four myself. The only times I use it, or seen it used, was on forward tech punish. I have a lot of trouble getting the 5A 2C to work with that string though, timing seems really tight. It's just nice to catch people who think teching forward will free them from getting looped with tech punishes.

Three I use a bit more often, but you obviously lose a few hundred damage and I don't think you can catch forward techs with it. But I guess now that I've said it everyone will know. Oh well.

Well if you combo from inside the corner airthrow should bring them in it anyway, and you can land and catch their attempt to tech away from it, or they can stay inside and you keep an advantageous position. Not much need to carry them all the way to the other corner.

F9|Chibi:

--- Quote ---Well if you combo from inside the corner airthrow should bring them in it anyway, and you can land and catch their attempt to tech away from it, or they can stay inside and you keep an advantageous position. Not much need to carry them all the way to the other corner.
--- End quote ---

Yeah sometimes even if I'm just a bit out of the corner I'll do her BnB then air jump away from the corner. That way if they tech into the corner,  well they're still in the corner, and if they tech out of the corner I believe I can nail them with something on the way down from the jump. Little bit of that random melty blood.

Getting a real fix on this character (to write up a guide) is hurting my damn head. She's got so much shit to be flexible with, god damn. I'm not dismissing any of the combos you've written here mind you, but ahdering to this totally changes the way I've played her or ever seen her play, but then that's just preference really. I'm just trying to forever get my head around this character of mine.

--- Quote ---Three I use a bit more often, but you obviously lose a few hundred damage and I don't think you can catch forward techs with it. But I guess now that I've said it everyone will know. Oh well.
--- End quote ---

I thought so, haha.

If I wrote a guide would you help ;p?

Something more concrete mind you, a foundation to go with so that other people can then develop their own style with.

:V

Sphyra:

--- Quote ---If I wrote a guide would you help ;p?
--- End quote ---

Sure thing. There's other stuff I want to write about such as corner ex dust shenanigans and bento setups. But if we can organize it all under one large guide that would be good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version