hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Usefulness of jBB (and other things related to air strings)  (Read 2500 times)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
Usefulness of jBB (and other things related to air strings)
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:41:09 AM »
So I've liked playing as Hisui lately, and thought it was awesome fun pulling off her combos. However, as any good Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat/MvC player, whenever I'm in the middle of a combo, I tend to keep mashing the next button in a string until I get visual confirmation that the hit registered, in which case I move to the next. My problem is that for air strings, this tends to be slightly counter-productive, since sometimes unintended moves get registered, somewhat throwing my timing and setup off. Thus, I'm forced to improvise, and this usually doesn't have good results, because I tend to lose my momentum a bit.

So I wanted to ask: Say you've begun your BnB, lifting the opposition and getting ready for the air string. But, instead of doing the correct finisher, you mistakenly hit BB in the air. As we all know, this blasts down the opponent making them bounce a little off the ground. Is there any way you can take advantage of such a situation, in order to keep the pressure and not lose momentum during the offensive?
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Usefulness of jBB (and other things related to air strings)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:38:01 AM »
Don't mistakenly hit BB in the air then.

Yes, you can take advantage of it, if you're positioned correctly to do so (in the corner) or playing against someone without a full screen dash (so you can activate heat) but in reality, just don't it unless you want to.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~