When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kohaku's Corner Loop  (Read 7543 times)

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
Kohaku's Corner Loop
« on: August 16, 2007, 01:31:49 AM »
I've been trying to pull of Kohaku's corner loop as mentioned in the ye olde MeltyWiki from ikusat's page (the current one doesn't have info on her), and I always seem to be too far when doing her late 2A. Am I doing it wrong, or is this something that no longer works in Ver. B? :slowpoke:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
Re: Kohaku's Corner Loop
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 01:56:50 AM »
The corner loop still exists in PC V.B. The key to the corner loop is in the timing, which is a pretty small window. As for the 2A bit, the corner loop does require a certain distance away in order to hit correctly, along with timing. Usually it's really ideal for sprite to sprite corner 2A 2B 2C 5C (LH) 236 B (charge), gives you right distance. However, I find that if you're not in the ideal corner area, say a surprise 2C 5C 236B about 1.5 2 sprite widths away, you just can't reach it.

Putting the 2A 2B 2C is really pushing it in general for cornerloop (2B adds to the backing away), so if you're going for it, generally if you have a direct from first hit (5/2A) to 2C, you're liable to be more successful due to the lessened distancing away.

But in my opinion I personally just like to worth with the wallbounce recovery > 22C to blockstring or j. C (charge).

Hope that helps a bit.

~Chun
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 02:00:28 AM by Chun »
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »
Actually yes, that did help. After a bit more practice I'm at least able to hit the late 2A somewhat consistently, and I was once able to do 5C immediately after (though this was in battle, I didn't really think that far ahead to do 236[ B ] again into the string ender).

Update: Whoohoo! I can manage to pull off the whole combo consistently now! Thanks Chun, the spacing you mentioned earlier really helps me gauge whether I can pull it off or do something else. It also helped that I've seen a few videos that have her doing the corner loop.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:38:31 PM by Pikachu_Fragger »
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
Glad I could help  ;D

I usually limit corner loops to generally opponents that have some "sprite" on them. Nero and Warachia are easy targets, but targets like Miyako, Ren, White Ren, Neko Arc, Neko Arc Chaos, I generally avoid. They're too short, making the window that much smaller for followup; I just wallslam then plant them.

Don't forget to cancel out of the 5C with 5B when you see the air recovery; you can usually followup with a tech punish 2C as they land if they don't hit the A in the air.

~Chun
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:42:56 PM by Chun »
Melty Blood
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline siegfried

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • BANG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 03:40:12 AM »
got question here why is it that when ever i use its charged sword after C standing i cant hit it with crouching A..??

do i have to make a faster release on its charge?

and if there are any posible combos for kohaku in middle battles?
Tensetstu no YUJI!!!

Offline ZephyrF

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 01:59:35 PM »
Try hitting with 2a right before your opponent hits the ground.

If it doesn't come out, try a bit later.  If your opponent hits the ground, try a bit earlier.

This is somehow how I do it...

Stuff->2c->5c->buffer 236 -> [ B ] -> Hold 2 -- when kohaku starts to drop down to crouch --> 2a -> 5c -> buffer 236 -> [ B ]

About as clear as I can make it.  Good luck.  :V

Note:  Do not spam the 2a.  It will make you failz.

Offline siegfried

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • BANG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 11:41:29 PM »
hmmmm.... now that's handy well only the timing is a little rough can't chain it properly after kohakus slice have to make up for the deley....
Tensetstu no YUJI!!!

Offline Lameo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:01:54 AM »
The proper kohaku's Corner Loop can be done on basically any character as long as you are close to the wall when you do the wall slam.

The proper chain combo is the follow:

(2A 2B) 2C 5C (4 hits) 236B (charge) 2A 236B (charge) and follow the last wallslam with an aerial combo.

The important step is not your 2A after the 236B but your 5C must hit exactly 4 hits (1 stab + 3 spin) otherwise your opponent will drop to the ground too quickly and you will whiff your 2A. If you hit less than 4 hit then they can immediately recover before you can wall slam them. If done properly, even a 5A will hit after 236B.

If you start at a position a bit far away from the wall skip 2A and 2B so you don't get too far away from the wall after 5C.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 01:15:45 AM by Lameo »

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 11:43:14 PM »
The proper kohaku's Corner Loop can be done on basically any character as long as you are close to the wall when you do the wall slam.

(2A 2B) 2C 5C (4 hits) 236B (charge) 2A 236B (charge) and follow the last wallslam with an aerial combo.

The important step is not your 2A after the 236B but your 5C must hit exactly 4 hits (1 stab + 3 spin) otherwise your opponent will drop to the ground too quickly and you will whiff your 2A. If you hit less than 4 hit then they can immediately recover before you can wall slam them. If done properly, even a 5A will hit after 236B.

If you start at a position a bit far away from the wall skip 2A and 2B so you don't get too far away from the wall after 5C.

I can't help but think this post is exactly what I was saying before...  ???

~Chun
Melty Blood

Offline Lameo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 09:13:01 AM »

I can't help but think this post is exactly what I was saying before...  ???

~Chun

As for the 2A bit, the corner loop does require a certain distance away in order to hit correctly, along with timing.
~Chun

The distance doesn't affect whether the corner loop unless you are too far away from the wall. As long as your opponent is within your 2A range after 236B generally you can do the corner loop.

I was trying to clarify your "small window" because it makes people think there has to be an "exact" distance for this to work, or that the 2A has to be hit at a specific time. The point I am trying to make is that the window gap is not any of the above but where the 236B is buffered as 5C is executed. Most of the people tend to do 236B after they launch their opponent into the air after the 5th hit (when kohaku stop spinning her broomstick), but the only way to work is to buffer it starting at the 4th hit.

So if any of you find that your 2A always misses, it is not that you hit 2A too late; it is because you did your 236B 1 frame late.

You are right that if you put 2A and 2B before 2C it is really pushing it too much for the window loop, because if you hit 5C after 236B 2A too late your opponent will be too high in the air for your 5C to hit properly for the second wall slam.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 09:20:01 AM by Lameo »

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 03:07:48 PM »

I was trying to clarify your "small window" because it makes people think there has to be an "exact" distance for this to work, or that the 2A has to be hit at a specific time.

From my experience in matches and all different kinds of sprite sizes Neco - Nero, 2A requires a certain timing but with a difference on lieniency. If the 2A is too early the full rotation of 5C -> Spin won't complete, but miss in the 2nd spinning rotation, etc.

~Chun
Melty Blood