When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kohaku match-ups  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
Kohaku match-ups
« on: September 22, 2008, 12:14:07 PM »
I've been fighting alot of people with her,and after annoying grueling moments of,effort i've realized that she has quite a few advantages over others,while in some areas she gets completely trashed out in. So what do you think would be a bad match-up to Kohaku?I just want a second opinon..So far..from what I can tell...

Kohaku VS. Arcueid-5.5

Kohaku VS. Ciel-3-5 in Ciel's favor.

Kohaku VS. Akiha-??Never fought an Akiha player with her.

Kohaku VS. Nero-4-5 in Nero's favor.

Kohaku VS. Sion-?? Never fought a Sion player with her .

Kohaku VS. Miyako-??Never played a Miyako player with her.
"I play ALL the Sacchins"

Offline lain102300

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Kohaku match-ups
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 05:06:59 PM »
Generally, matchups are considered in sums of 10. So when you say Kohaku vs. Ciel is 3-5 in Ciel's favor, you probably mean 3.75-6.25 in Ciel's favor. I'll shorten it to 4-6 which sounds about right.

There's already a matchup chart made by Arly. You'll find it here: http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1170.100

Since I usually play KohaHisui pair, my experiences differ from yours a bit, but it shouldn't be that much. Just off what I remembered:

Kohaku vs. Arcuied: 5-5 sounds about right.

Kohaku vs. Akiha: probably around 3.5-6.5 for Akiha. Kohaku doesn't deal enough damage to Akiha's GGPO endurance to compensate for the damage Akiha can do to you.

Kohaku vs. Nero: probably 6-4 Kohaku's favor. You get FREE instant overhead and Nero teleporting from plants is just bait.

Kohaku vs. Sion: probably 4-6 Sion's favor. You get more health as Kohaku solo but not enough to deal with Sion.

Kohaku vs. Miyako: lost me there. I don't play enough Miyako. I would guess it would be around 4-6 Miyako's favor though.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Kohaku match-ups
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 05:35:43 PM »
Ill give my 2cents on the Sion vs Kohaku match up.

its somewhat even but Sion has an advantage. Damage. Kohaku's defense is pretty low giving Sion more damage to her already large damage output. But with good use of Kohaku's range you can fish for counter hits, get a knockdown and start the plant pressure, which Sion doesnt have any real way to get out of. On the flip side if Sion gets you in the corner your in the same situation. 4-6 sions favor.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~