When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Hello I am probly the only good tohno player right now ask questions lol.  (Read 46666 times)

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
Ask anything you want about tohno I will give you ideas on how to play him i will be checking this daily.
XAQshinor (12:27:12 PM): Yea I won but I'm still salty

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Being that you took 4th at the last TGA tourney, you gets +6 MC. However, I do think the title of your post (and your lack of punctuation) is pretty hard to take seriously. In the future, I'd avoid such statements(i.e.: "I'm the best") if I were you.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 11:46:45 PM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
Besides, I'm the best.  ;D

Seriously though, I was waiting for someone to start a topic in the Tohno thread. I have an aversion to starting topics for reasons I don't know.

I guess I should ask a question, and this is kinda bugging me, but how does one fight ciel? It seems the only thing you can do is play uber defensively, which is hard 'cause Tohno's only strengths are his bullshit priority and damage.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Haha.

You're like the only damn Tohno player.

:V
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
I guess I should ask a question, and this is kinda bugging me, but how does one fight ciel? It seems the only thing you can do is play uber defensively, which is hard 'cause Tohno's only strengths are his bullshit priority and damage.

you stab her in the face, and stab her safely!  :teach:
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

Oh wow thanks... y'know when I typed "play uber defensively" I totally didn't think that safety would be a factor.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile

Oh wow thanks... y'know when I typed "play uber defensively" I totally didn't think that safety would be a factor.

i was joking, but anyways.. since i dont play Tohno Shiki, i will just give Minor details that probalby could be wrong but watevers, For Shiki pokes and strings that leads to 5a Whiff against Ciel, you can go on the offensive just make sure you jumpin with anything but jC or jB form high places, low jumping jB or jC are ok.. cause you can land and block whatever punishment she gives..
doing 2C endign wtih 5A whiff cancels can save you from anythign such as EX heiro watevers.. dont do any Okizeme Meaty that can give you long recovery that Ciel can just Wake UP ex out of it.. stuff that can put you back into Neutral can save you from random Ciel stuff... shield jump ins like her cross up jB and stuff can also save you some stuff.. be careful of your activations blah blah blah  :blah: tohno's 5B has pretty good clash frames if i remember correctily and can be used against some of Ciels jump ins to out clash stuff ;o... etc etc..
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Besides, I'm the best.  ;D

Seriously though, I was waiting for someone to start a topic in the Tohno thread. I have an aversion to starting topics for reasons I don't know.

you dont, you have nothing that can win aginst her.

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Well thats why I said I am probably the best right now because no one plays him. Also getting 4th their doesn't mean anything because it differs from the speed of the PS2. 

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Hey Tinshi, how does Shiki beat bad Nanaya players?  :V
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Nanaya has no defense, Shiki has bullshit damage and priority and an extendo-leg. Put two and two together. I haven't played very many Nanayas, good or bad, so I can't say anything specific.

But I can say that Japanese Tohno vs Nanaya matches are very boring. Its just spamming of jumping b and comboing off of it, so maybe the answer is use jumping b a lot.  :-\

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
nanaya average damage is much better than shiki, and nanaya 2c is stronger though

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
That is true, but I believe that nanaya's defense makes shiki's damage roughly equal in a fight between Nanaya and shiki. I can't remember off the top of my head, and my ps2's currently not hooked up, or I would test it.

And Nanaya's 2c is better? I'll take your word for it, 'cause I can't test it atm.

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Alright, basically in this match-up watch the spamming A's cuz both shikis spam A alot so you have to look out for that and wakeup DP. Like especially wakeup DP that turns the tides. LoL Sometimes you have to DP back to get advantage. Hmm the best tactic is to basically look for them trying to jump in at you, and jump up with spamming A's.  He wants to try and bait you to dash in so make him move around in the air so you can Air spam him or airthrow. If they are ground nanaya these matches are back and forth because you are constantly going in and out with dashes so keep up with the mindgame.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Okay, here's a question probably only you can answer. What changes did they make to Shiki in Correction Edition?

Offline Tinshi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
The dashing got toned down because it was to easy to bait pokes. Like most of the match would be him spazzing out with dashes, kinda like marvel dashing. Yeah that wouldn't have worked in this game.

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Okay, here's a question probably only you can answer. What changes did they make to Shiki in Correction Edition?

nothing.

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
His throw is up from 3f to 4f, his AD/AAD has longer startup (of the actual hit), and his shieldbunker is faster... are the changes worth mentioning.

(info, comparing tougekidamashii verB2 framedata with ps2 framedata)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 10:42:13 PM by Shinjin »
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
And Nanaya's 2c is better? I'll take your word for it, 'cause I can't test it atm.

nanaya's 2C prorates less so he gets more damage off it but as a stand alone move tohno's 2C is waaaaay better

I play them both a bit.  I can never figure out who I want to use in this game lol...I'm starting to lean toward tohno again...

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile

nanaya's 2C prorates less so he gets more damage off it but as a stand alone move tohno's 2C is waaaaay better

I play them both a bit.  I can never figure out who I want to use in this game lol...I'm starting to lean toward tohno again...

nanaya 2c have less recovery. more range. advances self. can tech punish. etc.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
are you kidding me? we are talking about their sweep moves right?  tohno's is a much better poke as it is much faster

nanaya can't combo into his sweep if he starts a combo too far away while tohno can...which I think shows that nanaya's is slower (or just look at it...lol)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 03:25:35 PM by Tiamat »

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
shiki 2c when started at long range -> can connect to 5c and JB or JC 1 time, anything after wont connect

nanaya 2c when started at long range -> opponent recovers fast enough to guard the next 5c
BUT if you add delay to 2c, it connects.

the nanaya 2c is the *only* reason why he is in A tier

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I actually meant it the other way around...for example...

max range 2A hit > 2C

pretty sure nanaya's will not combo cause of it's slower speed

how do you to tech traps with nanaya's 2C?

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I actually meant it the other way around...for example...

max range 2A hit > 2C

pretty sure nanaya's will not combo cause of it's slower speed

how do you to tech traps with nanaya's 2C?

you dont start 2c after 2a

2a 2b 2c

like this.

or 2a 2b 5c 2c

tech punish is after down -> wait for opponent to tech -> 2c

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Tech punishing with Nanaya's 2c is soo easy.  Soon as the opponent starts to ground tech you 2c and slide right into em.  It has loads of active frames.  I tech punish with it regularly.  And any good Nanaya player won't start a combo on an opponent if they're that far away that you can't even combo into 2c.

I used to think Shiki's 2c was superior too, but once you understand how to use them both to the best of their abilities...Nanaya's 2c is a bit superior.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.