When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Hello I am probly the only good tohno player right now ask questions lol.  (Read 46948 times)

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
uh...ok...I knew nanaya doesn't use 2A into 2C as a combo I was just using it as an example to show that it's slower...and after looking at the frame data it's i11 with -14 on block...shiki's 2C is i7 or something...anyway...

when would you have the opportunity to use 2C to tech trap?  don't you just end every combo possible in the air throw anyway?  and they won't be able to tech after a throw knockdown.  is this only after nanaya 2C hits at max range or something? 
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 10:25:57 PM by Tiamat »

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
you can use after 214b

or after you have the chance to OTG

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
it is true that 2c from nanaya is better than tohno.. mainly cuse of what ii_oh said above... oh 2C with nanaya amazing tech trap.. tohno's is decent though i use it pretty regular after getting right about three to four times..

loves tohno's qcf a and b.. sets up nice frame traps with 5 C... well i think with teh b version anyway..
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Magikarp9

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
Nanaya 2c and Tohno 2c have really different uses.

Closest comparison is that nanaya's 2b does what tohno 2c does except it has lower stun/doesn't sweep.

They serve completely different purposes.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Nanaya 2c and Tohno 2c have really different uses.

Closest comparison is that nanaya's 2b does what tohno 2c does except it has lower stun/doesn't sweep.

They serve completely different purposes.

This is what I was trying to get at.  I just don't see myself whoring out nanaya's slide like you can with tohno's sweep. 

in any case I'll be sure to try out some tech traps with nanaya's 2C next time I play...

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
what are his clash frames per say... i want to say 5 B has some mad clash frames.. or qcf b but hey if anyone knows more please relay that shit...

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
 :o

Yo Nas, peep this Angry-ass Shiki player. It looks like Shiki didnt want to go to school that morning and decides to take it out on warakia at around 00:27.

2B*2>5C>2C>214C>5B(whiff)>be5B>5A(whiff)>dash under>2C>214B>214C>5B(whiff)>be5B>beJ7.C

he misses the beJ7.C but im guessing that he was either going for the untechable knockdown or could have maybe gone for beJ7.C>2A>5B>623B (I need to test if this is possible). The 5B>be5B is fairly easy to perform on wara so I suggest practicing it in case you run into one (or just for fun  ;))

be = "beat edge" or charge/hold button. I couldn't use [ B ]cus the script thinks its bold =/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:42:28 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
One more thing he goes for in that vid is 2AA 5C 2C 236A 623C which is untechable knockdown at point blank range for 100% meter.

Shiki's 2C has clash frames at the very beginning of the move. It only clashes well against other sweeps though.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:42:01 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile

be = "beat edge" or charge/hold button. I couldn't use [ B ]cus the script thinks its bold =/

Blowback Edge.  I think the instruction booklet says? 

The shiki was probably going for the j.[c] 2a combo.  Note that the ex slide 5bb combo is only done against Wara/Nero that I've seen.  Their bodies are long enough horizontally to do it, not sure if it works against anyone else. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
what are his clash frames per say... i want to say 5 B has some mad clash frames.. or qcf b but hey if anyone knows more please relay that shit...
On top of that, can someone figure out the actual frame data for tohno? I know I probably won't be using it that much, but just being able to have that reference for stuff like this would be helpful.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!

Yo Nas, peep this Angry-ass Shiki player. It looks like Shiki didnt want to go to school that morning and decides to take it out on warakia at around 00:27.

2B*2>5C>2C>214C>5B(whiff)>be5B>5A(whiff)>dash under>2C>214B>214C>5B(whiff)>be5B>beJ7.C

he misses the beJ7.C but im guessing that he was either going for the untechable knockdown or could have maybe gone for beJ7.C>2A>5B>623B (I need to test if this is possible). The 5B>be5B is fairly easy to perform on wara so I suggest practicing it in case you run into one (or just for fun  ;))

Having quite some trouble with this combo.  I'm able to do it up to:
2B*2>5C>2C>214C>5B(whiff)>be5B>5A(whiff)>dash under>2C

and that's where the opponent recovers before my 2C connects.  I'm whiff cancelling quick enough after my 5B(whiff)be5B to dash under and do C, but he's recovering too quickly.  I notice in the video that Warachia gets a wallbounce after the 214C, which means he should be able to recover.  Of course, that's why I'm intercepting him before that recovery with 5B(whiff)be5B... which should be uncoverable.. ?  Yet he's recovering instead of landing on my 2C. 

Tell me what I'm doing wrong:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFmLl5uyqhw

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
I need to try this combo as well. It doesn't do that much damage, but it just looks so impressive, and it'd totally dishearten the other player.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile

hahaha thanks zar... cuse im writing this down.. and try to master this shit too.. for the shiki GODS!!!!

anyways.. so im just at point now.. that the only thing i can do with shiki as far as pressure is 3 things

a.on wakeup stagger a's

b.stagger a's and mixup with Iad attacks...

c. stagger a's with either a mix of unblockable C (aka Hold C) or 236 B (baiting them to move)

im so having trouble with pressure strings.. but however i did see that same vid with that combo, also had some nice 5c pressure games.. so maybe i have to reinvent a little

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
that combo was pretty hot

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
tested it out.. and i got it down.. yea pretty neat and all.. but honestly... just learn the whiff 2aa2c 5bb 5a(whiff) j.c dj j.b .jc... you do the same way with the 2bb 5c and just do the 5bb 5a(whiff) combos.. they do more (or the same) damage with less work... but maybe i missing an input or something but i got down for fucking three hours!!! and i wrote it on a post it note!!... but seriously though just stick to 5a whiff combos... those are fine...although if you want to be stylish... hm...

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
uh, is anyone able to explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
uh, is anyone able to explain to me what I'm doing wrong?

when you connect your first 2C into 214 C and then whiff the first b.. delay the second b(charged one) for a bit... it should connect to where you'll be able to land 2C into 214 b

oh btw i think it's a wara only combo.. cuse it dosen't work on Nero at all..

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Ok, so I have this 5a whiff combo that I'm trying to get down but I can't seem to get it to the point where I can start the air portion without the opponent recovering beforehand.

The combo is:
5C 2C 5B 5B 5A(whiff) jB jC jB jC Throw

Here's a quick vid of the completed combo with the cpu's air recovery turned off.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AdB_3KWh5nU

Here's me attempting to land a jA, jB, and jC after the 5A whiff with the cpu's air recovery turned on.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c1Yo9kQLyds

Any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 12:08:21 PM by Devereaux »

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
Ok, so I have this 5a whiff combo that I'm trying to get down but I can't seem to get it to the point where I can start the air portion without the opponent recovering beforehand.

The combo is:
5C 2C 5B 5B 5A(whiff) jB jC jB jC Throw

Here's a quick vid of the completed combo with the cpu's air recovery turned off.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AdB_3KWh5nU

Here's me attempting to land a 5A, 5B, and 5C after the 5A whiff with the cpu's air recovery turned on.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=c1Yo9kQLyds

Any help would be appreciated.

Dog... you can't hit the jb in the first portion....  you just initiate the first jc, the jabc air throw.. so in essance the combo should go... 2aa, 5c, 2c, 5BB, 5a (whiff), Jc, Jabc air throw..there are other ways of doing that combo that's the standard i see myself do and other japs have done....

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Ah I see, thanks for the info it's much appreciated...

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
Ah I see, thanks for the info it's much appreciated...

no problem... just make sure you make your jc instantaneous as possible... cuse dj sets you higher= finishing your combo....

if any problems come up just ask okay ;)

Offline Nevan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • "殺害の殺害の殺害の!!! Ahahah!!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I am probly the only good tohno player right now ask questions lol.
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2007, 02:08:30 AM »
I've started to play this char and im liking it as much as i enjoy playing Wara(ofc i do prefer Wara hehe :P) and there's alot of good info here, very nice rly ;) But i hav one question, how do u guys 'extend' the combo into the air? Im trying to do it, but i cant. Will apreciate any help =)
Owarida!!!

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2007, 02:44:20 AM »
The basic idea is to 'trip' your opponent, juggle him with a standing move, then jump and continue the assault in the air.

For Shiki, a very basic and probably commonly used combo would be 2A 2B 2C 5C (jump) jumping B jumping C (jump cancel) jB jC airthrow.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Nevan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • "殺害の殺害の殺害の!!! Ahahah!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2007, 04:26:25 AM »
Yeah, think i got that m8 ;) many thanks  ;D
Owarida!!!

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2007, 06:13:22 AM »
yea simple bnb for shiki is 2aa,2c, 5c, jbc, djbc airthrow... that's a really simple bnb

the next step is doing 2aa,2c, 5bb,5a (whiff), jc, dj abc,  airthrow

you can also add 5c in between the 2aa and 2c for some really nice damage...