hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Newbie requesting help.  (Read 3379 times)

Offline Tenshin

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Newbie requesting help.
« on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:31 PM »
Hello, everyone, I've recently begun playing MBAC ver. B and am trying to learn how to use Ren. I'm having a bit of trouble with one of the BnB combos shown in one of the stickied threads:

2A 2B (delay) 5B 5C (2 hits) j.BC dj.BC airthrow

I've been unable to connect the dj.BC and have to end the combo early, using only a dj.C followed by an airthrow. I think it has to do with the delay after 2B, as I don't really understand how much or how little the next move should be delayed. Any tips on how to know when to follow up with the 5B? Also, should I allow the 5B to hit completely, or cancel it early and hit with 5C?

Thanks for the help!

Offline Cheezy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie requesting help.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 01:38:15 PM »
I've tried doing this combo too and I can only do it up to dj.C, after that the opponent is too far away for me to be able to air-grab him

Only advice I can give is to delay your 5B for as long as possible and try different timings with the other attacks to see what works best
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:10:10 PM by Cheezy »

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie requesting help.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 10:13:08 PM »
pretty much delay 5b as much as possible, and do the jump cancels and attacks as fast as you can. it is a bit tricky to land and for a measly 200 damage less you can omit 5b and just do 2ab5c (2hits) jbc jbc
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~