When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Len or WLen?  (Read 6653 times)

Offline sir_arthur

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Len or WLen?
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:47:48 PM »
Hello, i'm new around here and to the world of MB, sorry for this noob question but whats the diference betwen Len and WLen? seems just the color for me...  :psyduck:

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Len or WLen?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:53:38 PM »
Hello, i'm new around here and to the world of MB, sorry for this noob question but whats the diference betwen Len and WLen? seems just the color for me...  :psyduck:

first question is what is the latest MB that you have played?

because the newest installment White Ren => Ren are 2 totally different characters with different playstyles

one way to see that is the Check the White Len Video Link...
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 02:29:52 PM »
Only enough room for one White Len player.
what the fuck is this game

Offline sir_arthur

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:12:07 AM »
i play the PS2 version, and sometimes ReAct on PC(at school  :teach:)
adn don't worry i don't play WLen or Len just curious in the diferences between these 2

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 03:29:39 PM »
White Len is about mixups and the likes. She relies heavily on it, and she's hard to get in and win.

I don't know much about Len though.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Chun (中)

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • Aozaki: Miss=Blue
    • View Profile
    • Plain Rice is Delicious
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 08:03:24 PM »
White Len is about mixups and the likes. She relies heavily on it, and she's hard to get in and win.

I don't know much about Len though.

Normal Len is pretty easy to get into (Movewise); however, three mixup miss guesses or so and you're toast, so I'd suggest to play other characters first if arthur's just beginning. From what I remember Len is about techtrapping, consistent opening pressure, since her general lows and launchers are pretty short ranged and limited in scope (Black Cat of Doom).

Bellreisa would probably know better.

~Chun

« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 08:10:22 PM by Chun »
Melty Blood
Main: Aoko
Secondary: Kohaku
How about those orbs? BlazBlue: Litchi Arcana Heart: Kamui (Bha/Pa), Mei-Fang (LaGo) CvS2: K- Mai, Morrigan, Nakoruru (2)

Offline effenhoog

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »
The biggest difference I'm seeing between Len and White Len is that it seems easier in general to land hits with Len, but easier to perform combos and get more damage in with White Len once you've connected.  I always wanted to play Len, but she seemed too awkward and terrible to be worth it compared to my other characters (lol Warachia), but I find White Len to be more fun and combo-friendly (mostly thanks to 623a being the best move ever for saving sloppy/awkward combos).

I do like Len's facial expression and color swaps better though, but White Len seems more fun and her combos are more aesthetically pleasing.

Also a Len/White Len tag battle team is one of the most awesome yet horribly confusing things ever.

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 11:04:32 PM »
This is what I'm noticing from the MBACvB on the PC (now that's a mouthful of letters).

Len is much faster than her chatty counterpart.  This makes it easier to rush in.  Her throw can also lead to some interesting combo extentions.  Also, she can often rush in safely since a lot of her C moves envelop her whole body.  A few of her specials seem to have the primary purpose of distraction/trickery but I've found little practical use for them.

White Len is slower but most of her moves have great range or pressure qualities.  Basically, she seems to be all about block strings focused around her QCF + [A].  DP + A/B also allows for mixups as long as your opponent doesn't counter.  She doesn't have as much combo potential but she levels the playing field by hitting harder with the exeption of DP + C and QCB + C (not that I mind.  Its fun to smack people w/ these moves when they enter Heat and watch them cry as the Heat drains away).  Obviously, I play w/ W.Len more then Len.

Anyways, that's what I've noticed.  Or maybe I'm just crazy...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 11:08:16 PM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay