When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The NEW White Len Guide. (WIP)  (Read 11055 times)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
The NEW White Len Guide. (WIP)
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:17:01 PM »
White Len's best pokes are as follows:
5B
2B

All of her other normals have no range, or no priority, leaving her at a great disadvantage, good thing she has a decent set of specials.

Her AA is either 236 B, or TK it. Also 214 A works against a lot of air moves due to it's instant startup and invincibility frames to a lot of air moves.

Now her greatest tool to escape pressure is her 214 A, and her ground dash. Her ground dash has instant invincibility frames on startup and lasts a good amount of time. Follow up on a hit with 214 A you can set up cross-up dashes. By dashing and letting the stick go to neutral you can cross up the opponent, and holding it a bit lets you stay on the side you landed. Since her dash has the "mirrors" it's really hard to block her mixups, causing her to gain the upperhand. 214 A is probably also her best bara, and maybe only useful one.

Hey day 1 mixup, that still some people can't block is charge A ice spike after a knockdown, into dp B. After they learn how to block the overhead, you can hold B down so she doesn't hit and either command throw, or get another knockdown into mixup.

Her command grab 63214 A/C has really REALLY stupid reach and can grab people even if you don't think it would reach.

She has a TON of character specific combos, that I haven't even figure out yet, but once I get down notation I'll put it up here.

Meterless Universal BnB's:
2a 2a 2c 5c jbc jbcxxthrow
(after knockdown) 236[a] 623 b (overhead) 5c jbc jbcxxthrow
2a 2c 623a 5c jbc jbcxxthrow (very VERY strict timing)

Meter Universal BnB's:
2a 2a 2c 5c (right when 2nd hit hits)xx236c 4b tk 214b
2a 2a 2c 5c (right when 2nd hit hits)xx236c 623a 5c jbc jbcxxthrow (corner only!)
2a 2a 2c 5c (right when 2nd hit hits)xx236c 2b(must hit the 2nd ball hit) 5c jcb jcbxxthrow
With these combos, you can also start is off with a 623a instead of 2a 2a 2c
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 02:38:03 PM by Mizuki »
what the fuck is this game

Offline NoNo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The NEW White Len Guide. (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 11:15:55 PM »
Well here's a link to Psylocke's post about Wlen combos :
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=74.msg11141#msg11141

Some random stuff to add :
623A shouldnt be used to start a combo, since it's unsafe on block
623A combo after 2B and 2C on every character but Len, White len, and Red Arc
2C connect after 623A on Hisui, Mech Hisui and Satsuki

I'm still lacking in blockstring and okizeme, it'd be nice if someone could post about it  ;D

Offline relight

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • 普通的魔法使
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 11:41:47 PM »
why don't you sticky the other thread instead of locking it and creating a new one? The old thread contains quite a lot of useful information.

--
for oki, white len is pretty simple, just hit and throw and play like kouma.... you can also set up some really scary shit after comboing with 236C (DELAY) 2C (fully charged) 623A :
-if in corner 236A(CHARGED), and then 623B or 623B(CHARGED) 2A. There is one disadvantage to this one, your opponent could abuse any invincible super he has to clash with you or simply 2e if he has any rolling dodge.
-in corner 7(back jump) jc(CHARGED), land then 623b or 623B(CHARGED) 2A. This is quite popular in japan, when your opponent wakes up he'll be forced to block that JC and then 623B.
-if not in corner 66 44 2A or 22c 44 2A or 22c 4[4](RUN) 5A
-22D, then hit 2a or 63214C while enemy wakes up (this works for me in my group, but I've never seen anyone did this in matches, so I don't know if it works in higher level of play)

623B(CHARGED)can also be followed up by 63214C but it costs 100 meter.

I may make a video guide of her when I get better(I'm losing like 80% of the battle right now)...shes my favorite character in MB :teach:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 12:10:35 AM by relight »
Arcueid / W.Len / Miyako player.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=HKrelight

Offline NoNo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 01:21:02 AM »
why don't you sticky the other thread instead of locking it and creating a new one? The old thread contains quite a lot of useful information.
+1

Well, thanks for the help, i'll check this out  :)

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:05:20 PM »

--
for oki, white len is pretty simple, just hit and throw and play like kouma.... you can also set up some really scary shit after comboing with 236C (DELAY) 2C (fully charged) 623A :
-if in corner 236A(CHARGED), and then 623B or 623B(CHARGED) 2A. There is one disadvantage to this one, your opponent could abuse any invincible super he has to clash with you or simply 2e if he has any rolling dodge.
-in corner 7(back jump) jc(CHARGED), land then 623b or 623B(CHARGED) 2A. This is quite popular in japan, when your opponent wakes up he'll be forced to block that JC and then 623B.
-if not in corner 66 44 2A or 22c 44 2A or 22c 4[4](RUN) 5A
-22D, then hit 2a or 63214C while enemy wakes up (this works for me in my group, but I've never seen anyone did this in matches, so I don't know if it works in higher level of play)

623B(CHARGED)can also be followed up by 63214C but it costs 100 meter.

I may make a video guide of her when I get better(I'm losing like 80% of the battle right now)...shes my favorite character in MB :teach:

I'm in the process of transfering alot of the old posts into here, give me a fucking break. You do see a "WIP" caption, right?

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49:37 AM »
Some other ghetto "mind games"
staggering a couple of 2a's baiting an attack then using ex cmd grab is pretty good against characters with long reaching normals. It works quite well for me against Wara/Nero, due to EX command throw vacuuming kind of like HF Geif's 360.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 12:09:46 PM »
I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but this video is very comprehensive.  It may only be eight minutes long, but it's chock full of information:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XtOKuNRJng
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »
^
That's posted in the video thread. Very good tut made by Psylocke.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 12:47:12 PM »
Noticed that if you get her j.[c] to hit at the same time as a move that causes knockdown, your opponent won't be knocked down. Kinda interesting. Relevant replay attached.