When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Vs. Lens and Red Arcs  (Read 4179 times)

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Vs. Lens and Red Arcs
« on: April 11, 2008, 01:04:44 AM »
What I notice is that W.Len's 2b is pretty much the gateway that leads W.Len into many of her powerful combos. However, vs. Lens and Re Arcs, that gate is closed and I have a hard time trying to gain the advantage against those 3.

So I've realized how much of a downfall it is to have one of her most useful moves to be useless but on top of that, vs. Len and Red Arc, characters with high poking priority, makes the matchup even harder against W.Len's crappy poke priority.

So how do I go about dealing with these characters. What do I use to score a knockdown and how should I follow up for the Oki?
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
Re: Vs. Lens and Red Arcs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »
Wlen vs Len

charged 5b is good to push len away. You have to be very very patient, it seems almost like a CvS2 game, where you're Sagat against an A-Bison with meter ALL the time. Use a lot of a/b ice for pokes, using tk b ice can help against Len's jump ins. Never ever go against an air battle with Len. You'll just lose.

Wlen vs Wlen

This just turns into a snoozing poke fest where you can't do a combo because you're too far to combo into nerfed bnb. Utilize more spikes and pokes.

Wlen vs Warc

This is an awfully lopsided match in favor for warc. She has more speed, mobility, better moves to poke your limbs, and she can just zone you all day by jumping around doing onion rings. TK B ice spike is good if you anticipate an onion ring. It's bad enough you can't do real bnb against her, but she can just jump all day and kill you slowly.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 04:45:35 PM by Mizuki »
what the fuck is this game

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:38:15 AM »
in corner, just do 2B into OTG instead of trying to combo off it, as you get more used to wlen you can learn her spacing and decide whether you're in range for gimped bnb or not. outside corners you could do some dash crossup or 22C shit off a 2B.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 01:39:46 AM by Sabator »
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:13:53 PM »
I just realized that I can do W.Len's 2B, 6B into air combo for some good damage vs. Lens. Against R.Arcs, it's still very iffy especially when canceling the 6B into EX ice. Apparently, that mess would whiff at any part of the stage.
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 02:40:42 PM »
W.Len doesn't have a 6b. She does have a 4b or a 5b. I think you're talking about 5b, and yes it does work, but not very consistently as you said. 5b -> ex ice does work on len in closer distances. At max distance it doesn't work, you might as well just let them fall and try a ghetto mixup like IAD j.b or the like.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Counter Arts

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 12:18:26 AM »
To deal with the other lens... you could try to 2b(1hit) 5b(2hits) 623a. It only works if they are hit standing. The max distance for this to work is a little bit inside of max EX throw range.

Something I also found out... if you do 2b(1hit) 5b(2hits) 623a 5c 236c at near the max distance for this combo to work (or know how to time 236c really well for this) your EX Ice will glitch (lens' weird hitbox animation) a bit and hit 4 times. Follow up this with 2[c] 5c j.bc j.bc airthrow and you'll do over 5000.

It doesn't glitch well with red arc though.