hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: White Len Setups  (Read 4905 times)

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
White Len Setups
« on: December 11, 2007, 06:09:11 AM »
Japan isn't doing crap with this char, so let's do something original for a change and come up with setups ourselves.

I'll start by contributing something I've come up with while messing around, it's kind of like a V.Sion summon in the sense that you sacrifice combo damage for a better okizeme. It only works on a crouching opponent in the corner, but it starts with 623B, so chances are opponent is crouching if it hit anyway.

The basic idea is 623B -> 5B 2B -> raising j.[C]. Depending on the delay between 623B and 5B and between 5B and 2B, the j.[C] will hit or whiff. The options after it are basically:

On j.[C] whiff only:
623[B] 63214A/C
Dash 63214C (abuse that ridiculous range)
Dash 5[B] or similar to beat jumpout attempts on reaction to seeing j.[C]'s trajectory/seeing you dash
63214B (lol)

Universal:
623A / 5[B] (these will beat jumpout attempts if correctly timed -- note that making sure the j.[C] is raising is especially important for these, otherwise you'll be too slow)
236B (easier jumpout beating, less return, especially if they didn't jump)
623B / 623[A] / 623[B] -> 2A or whatever (standard 623 mixups, potentially made safer by j.[C])
22C -> 2B or something (not sure how useful this is in practice, may be easily reactable to -- doubles as heat/EX wakeup bait)
22A -> 63214A/C or something? (probably terrible idea, may work the first time due to the surprise factor)
IAD -> whatever?

That's about it, I guess. This works on all characters (although timing may require slight modifications between the largest and the smallest ones). Attached is a couple of replays of some options -- not showing more complex stuff like beating jumpouts or baiting EXes because you can't save replays using dummy mode. I know that in the replays I made it pretty obvious what I was going to do, but that's mainly because I didn't want to spend 500 tries re-recording just because I tried to keep it hard to see.

Anyway, I know the setup isn't particularly amazing. I mainly want people to contribute ORIGINAL CONTENT for a change. You are (most likely) not going to be winning any tournaments by keeping your top tier W.Len strats secret until the finals, so go ahead and post.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
Re: White Len Setups
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:48 AM »
I have a video in the works that I've been secretly creating, well was secretly. Hopefully once I'm out of this job I can finish it up. It'll include Character-Specific BnB's and character specific Mix-ups, since some can punish others and some can't.
what the fuck is this game

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 02:09:14 AM »
The main reason wlen is having problems in japan is because her 236{A} is so easily bara-able. Since it's like the core of her game it's obvious she's not going to be a popular character.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:57:24 PM »
The main reason wlen is having problems in japan is because her 236{A} is so easily bara-able. Since it's like the core of her game it's obvious she's not going to be a popular character.

That's why you use it sparingly, she has other gimmicks she can use, and other ways where you can even be safe from a bara if you do use charge ice!
what the fuck is this game

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 06:31:28 PM »
Messing around I realized she can do FG setups too, at the very least on Warakia. (if someone knows who else she can do them on do fill me in)

Unfortunately the standing hitbox of most characters seems to be reduced considerably on hit, so following up with something like j.2c land huge combo doesn't seem possible. My current setup is j.bc (blocked) land j.b j.214b j.214c random ender (I'm doing j.c j.c airthrow right now, but I bet there's something better). It's actually not even that hard if you make sure not to hold j.b for too long (remember that j.b is chargable even if it has no obvious charging animation). I'm surprised I haven't seen this used before. But then, maybe it only works on Warakia and Nero or something.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 11:23:44 AM »
my fav setup is when the 2C,C combo (in air) is just plain works, there are two options I use after that.

PS: WHITE LEN = Slow as crap dashing, learn the super jump it really helps, its 214D9

PS: I always start Len combos in air if possible, note there are better ways to these combos its just often depends on who you are fighting and exactly where you activated your attacks these are just easy and very reliable.

Oppenent in air: 2C,C or just one of them if you don't think you can hit them both, then 214 B,214C,B,jump(if possible) then whatever is possible ussally A,C,236B works C then grab also often works as well, C then another 234B is nice too.
So here it is again against air
2C,C,214B,214C,B,C,jump(if possible),A,C,236B does about 3200-4000damage.

Oppenent on ground (may be different depending on size of char): 2C,C now there are too options here:

Ground combo time: if its a tall char use B after the first two hits to stop them from recovering then do what your normally like to do on the ground. I use 2B(one hit),C(both hits),4B, do your basic air combos now. Mine is B,2C,C,jump,2C,C,236B. 4000-5000 damage
2C,C,B(for tall Char),2B(one hit),C(both hits),4B,B,2C,C,jump,2C,C,236

Air combo time: before hitting the ground in that like few frames hit 214B,214C,A,C,jump, normally you can do some more hits on this one then the one above it if you time it right it really depends on the char A,C,236B is very reliable if you arn't sure. 4000-5000 damage
2C,C,214B(in air),214C,A,C,jump,A,C,236B

*Note is possible to C combo out of 214C just really hard for me at least iat must be only 1 or 2 frames.  B comboing is much easier than C I suggest you try both of these as well for yourself.

Learn Bara/Bunker Cancel trust me her 63214C is very useful mainly because you can then follow my air comboing guide up higher and easily rack up at least 3000 damage. I personally like the 214C Bunker Cancel because its easier and you don't have to worry about messing up. the air combo.

Lens other moves hum, 236A and 236B obviously, along with B, and 2B for just keeping ppl away.

Personally I like 623A,4B, followed by air combo it can come out pretty fast if ppl don't see it comming, often times I do it right at the end of a back dash.  On top of that it can get under some high attacks an example is warachia practice attack one goes right over your head while you are doing this move.

Im not a big fan of 623B mainly because is over used and its easy to block, something funny to do those is to do
623B,B(to cancel has to be at the right time.), then 63214A/C, just to catch them off guard, note this is kinad useless just funny.

Holding C in Air has its uses for the flying shot mainly it gives you something to do while running away.

Remember most ppl arn't use to white Len and that her forward and back dash (on ground) has invincibility for periods of time allowing you to dodge stuff then do something gay like a 214C before they get out of their attack animation.

Remember her ground dashs are slow jumping and dashing as soon as you leave the ground is often times a better idea for chasing.

holding 236A is cool but most ppl know what it does but its still very good for set ups, and chip damage.

alot of ppl keep mentioning 214A on ground yes that good for countering and combos but it has limited use otherwise 214B in air is better because it the only thing that can really continue a big air combo with white len when she is already in the air, the only cool thing is after doing a big ground combo you can easily do 214A,214C, then do the air combo by comboing after 214C, while I use it I vastly prefer not to constantly use my magic.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2008, 05:12:06 PM by noradseven »