When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Ciel

NAM (Neutral Air Movement) and how does this benefit Ciel

(1/1)

Chie Satonaka:
Ok first I'll explain NAM, NAM (Neutral Air Movement) is just that. Moving in the air while in a neutral jump position and you do this by jumping straight up and pushing 4 or 6 depending on whether you want to go left or right. Now how does this benefit Ciel? Two ways: Mid-screen and Corner. First I will explain corner. Now some of you may know this already, but to those who don't, Ciel has the side glitch regardless if she's on 1p or 2p side (Check the video I linked in the Ciel thread) anyways, using this technique you can choose to cross-up or not. You can delay it to make it less subtle obviously. The best way to apply this is doing J.B since it already crosses up to begin with making them guess not only if you're gonna cross up yourself, but also if you're gonna use J.B or J.C whiff to go for a low.

Now to explain mid-screen: Ok now Ciel already has a 4 way mixup which can get pretty predictable at high level play. Now what better way to make that 4-way LESS predictable by applying NAM? Easy, sacrifice a jump cancel, dash in front of them and when you get right on top of them jump straight up and push either 4 or 6 depending if you want to cross up, landing farther away from them (Using j.236C for the followup) OR push NOTHING and let the game decide where you will land. Also the same rules apply for the corner if you're gonna use J.B instead of J.C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version