When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Nero Chaos (Nrvnqsr)

Bread & Butter Combos

(1/8) > >>

Arlieth Tralare:
Nero's combos, if done properly, are extremely easy to hit-confirm off of, especially with the insane range of his j.A and j.C. You should average 2300-2600 per combo for Midscreen combos, and approach 3000's for corner combos, with the exception of the very hard ones, which can sometimes hit 4000(!) on Criticals. There's two major types, Easy and Hard(+500 dmg on average). Always keep in mind that there is a "Three Wallslams" rule in Melty Blood, where the third wallslam will cause the opponent to become invincible on the way down. Therefore, the combo ends immediately. This is important because the 4th hit of Nero's j.C causes wallslam, but, if jump-cancelled on the 3rd hit, sidesteps this limitation.

Key
All attacks should be completed unless annotated with # of hits, such as (x3) for 3rd hit.
Charged attacks are noted as j.C (they would normally be used with [ ] but due to BBcode, we'll simply put a space, like [ C].)

5. denotes a neutral attack. Refer to your keyboard's number pad for reference. 4 is Back, 6 is Right, and Down is 2.
j. denotes a jumping attack.
-> denotes a chain combo.
, denotes a link (two separate attacks, uncancelled)
xx denotes a jumpcancel.
XX denotes a cancel.
(x3) denotes a cancel on the 3rd hit. This will only appear if you must prematurely cancel a multi-hit attack.

>> denotes an airdash forwards.
<< denotes airdash backwards (used for setups only, not for combos)
\/ denotes landing.
/\ denotes a superjump (SJs ALWAYS move foward.)
// denotes doublejump forwards.
|| denotes doublejump straight up.
\\ denotes doublejump backwards.

NOTE: When crossing up in mid-combo, //(Double-Jump Towards Opponent) always denotes RELATIVE POSITION. So if you were facing right and are now facing left, double-jump left.

Midscreen: (Will cause you to reach the corner)
Easy: 2.A -> 2.B -> 2.C xx j.C >> j.C \/ j.C(x3) //(crossup) j.C >> j.C  [Ends with you in corner]
(Translated from code: 2.A -> 2.B -> 2.C, jumpcancel j.C, airdash j.C, land, jump.C(cancel 3rd hit) doublejump behind opponent, j.C, airdash j.C.)

Easy: 2.A -> 2.B -> 2.C xx j.C >> j.C \/ j.C(x3) // j.B -> j.C XX Airthrow [Ends with both players in corner]

Easy: 2.A -> 2.C -> 2.C xx j.C >> j.C \/ j.C(x3) \\ j.C [Ends with you in mid-screen]

Hard: 5.B -> 2.B(x1) -> 2.C xx j.B -> j.C // j.B(x1) -> j.C >> j.C \/ j.C(x3)//(crossup) j.C >> j.C. [Ends with you in corner]

Fullscreen:
Easy: 2.A -> 2.B xx j.A -> j.B -> j.C // j.B -> j.C >> j.C \/ j.C // j.B -> j.C xx Airthrow
EX Deer Setup: 2.A -> 2.B xx j.A -> j.B -> j.C // j.B -> j.C >> j.C \/ j.C \\ j.C \/ EX Deer

Corner:
Hard: 5.B -> 2.B(x1) -> 2.C xx j.C \/ 2.[ C] xx j.C(x3) //(crossup) j.C >> j.C
Hard: 5.B -> 2.B(x1) -> 2.C xx j.B -> j.C // j.B -> j.C \/ (crossup) j.C // j.B -> j.C >> j.C (STUPID DAMAGE, but the j.B -> j.C // j.B -> j.C part is very difficult to do without jumping too high to land in time for the rejump. This is one of SAT's staple combos.))

From 4.C Launch: (Does not work on all characters)
4.C , j.C // j.B -> j.C >> j.C

Jaxx:
I'm having a really hard time comboing off of 4+c it just seems like he just doesn't jump high enough to connect with anything to combo off of.  It's like if i had an inch more j+b would hit.

Arlieth Tralare:
I know that you'll have an extremely hard time vs. Warakia and possibly Red Arc. Maybe Ciel. Different options are in order for them, such as EX Deer Setups.

Sp00ky:
4C Combos do not work on Final Tuned, period except on counter hit, so if you use FT rather than ps2 AC to practice this is your limiting factor.

Jaxx:
I'll accually post somthing here now that I've figured a few things out.  Since I really suck at landing 2+c in a combo I had to improvise, esspically for corner like rapings.(I seem to get people in the corner a lot, so some of the listed don't work really well for me)

2.a-> 2.b -> 5.B-> j.a -> j.c V j.c xx || j.c

also I have found somthing else, as we well know nero's 4.C's first hit is unblockable in the air, however, there are only certain chances you have to do this.  However I found someone blocking j.c in the air leaves them in block stun, and if you time it just right on the exact frame that they hit the ground, you can get 4.c off, because it "technically" counts them still in the air, even though they are on the ground.  It's probley a 2-4 frame mark, but 4.c is basically unblockable at this time.  Since the 4.c combo doesn't work on all charecters, look for them to tech out of the move when they get hit, then you can basically do any combo that starts with j.c

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version