hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Double Snakes Glitch, and other Summon Tricks  (Read 4030 times)

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Double Snakes Glitch, and other Summon Tricks
« on: February 26, 2007, 07:25:56 AM »
When using Nero, you'll sometimes wonder how far you can push the boundaries of his summons. Here's a trick that allows you to throw out TWO snakes, one after another, which is especially useful if you're on the other side of the screen and your opponent is trapped under an EX Deer.

Cast your first Snake(214) out. During the snake dropping, buffer the motion for your next Snake(214). As soon as the Snake finally drops out of Nero's coat, hit A or B for the 2nd Snake.

NOTE: You ARE allowed to throw TWO A.Snakes, if you hold [ A] for the 2nd Snake. Both A.Snakes will travel slowly along the ground until release.

This trick leads into the next one, A.Snake(214) -> A.Deer(421). With the same timing, do 214+A -> 421+[ A]. By holding [ A] for the Deer, you actually maintain the button for the Snake, because you are not required to hold [ A] until the Snake actually begins to travel along the ground. Sometimes, if your opponent blocks the A.Deer in midair, he'll fall right on top of your A.Snake, which you can release for another chance to hit. In ver.B, because Nero recovers even faster after the A.Deer, you may also have a chance to guardcrush your airborne opponent with a 5.B, and bounce them into the Snake!

I don't recommend using this trick in place of throwing out an EX Deer, but if you're low on Magic Circuit, it might come in handy to mix things up, especially if your opponent is used to the timing of EX Deer now.

<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
Re: Double Snakes Glitch, and other Summon Tricks
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
Interesting. I got to test some stuff out after I get some sleep. Is it generally a good idea to have two As out for close and an A and a B for a bit farther away? Does it matter?

Wait a minute.... somehow I think I did know about this and forgot.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 08:48:51 PM by Kix »
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 02:52:38 PM »
Nice trick. I'm surprised how I missed this all of these years. 
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 11:19:19 AM »
wow this is good to know because I am new to the scene and want to know everything about this character.