When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Faceing that got damn Blue Bitch...Ciel  (Read 6986 times)

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
Faceing that got damn Blue Bitch...Ciel
« on: January 20, 2008, 03:26:41 AM »
One thing that I must say is that this match up is one of the worst in the game for nero.  It's very difficult to win, even if you have all the skills in the world.  But there are ways around this match up.  These ways are probebly not a secert, but somthing that you must realize in order to even get close to beating her.

1. Most Ciel players are all offense, all the time.  Why??  Because she is by far one of the fastest, if not the fastest character in the game.  This presents 2 problems for Nero.
             a. All of her basic attacks will come out faster than yours
             b.Snake traps will not be majorly effective against a rushing Ciel

Solution(it sounds stupid, i know): Ex crows.  Why??  Its one of Nero's safest moves, and it keeps range on Ciel.  More importantly, you can't be EX Hiero'ed out of it, which brings me to number 2

2. Ex Hiero.....Fuck this move.  Why??  Because most of nero's moves come out slow, and take a little bit to get going she can Ex Hiero you out of almost anything.  You bring pressure, you get Hieroed, you try to throw a snake of any kind, your open for ex hiero, hell even if you do get the snake off and Ciel starts a combo, the snake wont hit because as soon as its about to bite them they use ex hiero.

Solution:Uh...well...theres only one I can think of.  Keep Ciel in the air.  Ciel's is at a complete disadvantage against Nero in the air.  This is when your range can work to your advantage.  If Ciel doesn't come down you can't get Hieroed.  Safe snakes can work to your advantage, however I wouldn't recommend this too much.  At that point just 2.C to victory.

3.The deer is your best friend....sometimes.  I've noticed that most Ciel players are afraid of the deer when its out.  Most will double jump, and use the b version of Hiero to get away from you.  Just J.c there ass and sit there asses back on the wall.  Random deers on the ground however, I don't recommend...see number 2.

4.Bate ex Hiero as much as possible.  Ciel with no meter is a perfect oppertunity to start using your traps and such, just pay the fuck attention.

Thats all I have for now.  Tom will probebly chime in on this sooner or later.  I'm out.

PS: If you read this you better have my Chickum ready mofo.
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Faceing that got damn Blue Bitch...Ciel
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 06:17:08 AM »
Unless you're caught off-guard, you can shield the entire Hiero and punish that slut when she lands.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 09:30:40 AM »
see thats the problem, with nero there is only one move that he does that cannot be punished by hiero.  Ex Crows, thats it, and maybe 5.a, everything else is a toss up.
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Deer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • (´・ω・`)⊂ - nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 11:14:09 AM »
Forgot to say something about "go nuts while she has no meter" because a lot of things you say are just about ex Hiero o_o
@ irc.deltaanime.net

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 01:35:37 AM »
Forgot to say something about "go nuts while she has no meter" because a lot of things you say are just about ex Hiero o_o
Lol that doesn't need to be said, however even that can get you in trouble.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 07:32:55 AM »
Don't overuse antiair. Any kind of antiair, really. Both 5B and 2C are so slow that if ciel reads it and does a j.214 of any variety your ass is toast. Also might be worth looking into what happens when j.236B and 2C meet, I may test this and some other nero/ciel situations later.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008, 07:48:35 AM »
Ciel is definitely the gayest character to fight when you use Nero. No beasts can be safely used during blockstrings or really at all.

1. What you're essentially going to have to do is keep all of your attacks and blockstrings short (cancel/5a whiff cancel). She can hiero most whiffs or just dash through/under them.

2. Don't ground tech. Obviously (hiero).

3. Only use beasts for Oki setups (crows or deer). Everything else is punishable by Hiero or downright useless. They're only going to get you screwed. A-snake is the best move against her probably, but it's extremely slow for startup and easily punishable by hiero.

4. ...yeah...good luck.

3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7 3-7
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:23:26 PM by Fui »

Offline Deer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • (´・ω・`)⊂ - nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:48 PM »
Unless you're caught off-guard, you can shield the entire Hiero and punish that slut when she lands.
It's not that much better than blocking.

One more thing... Don't Heat recklessly.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 11:45:14 PM by RabidCh »
@ irc.deltaanime.net

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
2A, 5A, crows, and air pressure are really what you have to rely on for this matchup.  Most of her nasty pressure is on the ground, so just fend her off until she takes to the air and then do NOT let her land.  Every time you score a knockdown, that's when you have an opening to throw out summons.  2A and 5A are shield cancelable, so using those to deal with her ground pressure is what you have to work with, since you can shield her hiero if she attempts to punish.