When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Nero Chaos (Nrvnqsr)

Facing Nero at the recieving end: Those damn pets.

(1/6) > >>

Numakie:
When it comes to facing nero, its not the 4c's that i worry about: It's those damn pets: the 3 versions of the deer, the crow, that snake with the big mouth. they are all brutal set ups to lead to punishment if you're not careful.

While i cant say that i am the best when it comes to beating Nero, i do have an idea of what to look out for.

1: The deer: There are 3 versions: 1 hit- the deer jumps and disappears, 2 hit- the deer walks out then does 2 dashing attacks, ex (3 hit)- same as the 2 hit but the deer dashes three times.
-Between the 2 hit and the 3 hit versions, there is a small opening between each deer dash where you are vulnerable to a throw if you are on planted on the ground.
-careful when attacking between each deer dash, that guy luvs to counter your attempts, setting you up for a 4c combo

2: that snake: the once i fear the most is the one that eats you (dunno the version).  Careful when trying to counter a snake attempt. Any bit of hit recovery that the snake catches you will result with you in being eaten.

3: The Crows:  1 shoots the crow like a quick projectile, another sets up a crow for a diagonal dash attack. The ex version sets up a barrage of crows for a diagonal dash attack.   Beware of the possible set ups of the ex version.  Trying to block a ex crow set up could make you get thrown. At the same token, trying to attack when the ex crows are out will result in a barrage of crows from going at you if even the slightest hitbox of your sprite is touching the path of the crows. Trying to jump block the crows could also set you up for an unblockable.

This is all i can think up being on the receiving end of Nero.

Choco:
Clarifications:

'A' snake is slow traveling, has a bullshit hitbox, and is mainly used in defense against jump-ins

'EX' snake is unblockable in the air. It's very easily shieldable, though.

--- Quote ----Between the 2 hit and the 3 hit versions, there is a small opening between each deer dash where you are vulnerable to a throw if you are on planted on the ground.
--- End quote ---

While this is true, there's a bigger window for the locked down player to throw Nero if Nero is going for the throw. Check which way the Deer is going to knock you next before attempting a counter-throw, though.

A single 2a is good before 'EX' crows start attacking if Nero is going for the throw after corner knockdown.

F9|Chibi:
Bro, isn't it a better idea to list match up specific strategies and tactics in their respective character's subforum?

All you did he was list make a move list of Nero's zoning specials in layman's terms.

linalys:

--- Quote from: Numakie on September 03, 2007, 12:19:28 PM ---When it comes to facing nero, its not the 4c's that i worry about:
--- End quote ---

This is a shot at me so nyah =p

I'm not saying 4c's are something you should lose sleep over, but I don't see the problem with making a list for it?  It's like making a list for how you can counter blocked blanka balls for CvS2 or blocked shoto sweep in 3S, or whatever other analogy you can make for whatever game. 

Kryojenix:

--- Quote from: Master Chibi on September 03, 2007, 01:11:25 PM ---Bro, isn't it a better idea to list match up specific strategies and tactics in their respective character's subforum?

All you did he was list make a move list of Nero's zoning specials in layman's terms.

--- End quote ---

this passive aggressive crap has got to stop.  i don't see you bugging over What to watch out for while spamming your scrubby 4c's!  but for your benefit, i'll format my input as what Nero should watch out for when sending out pets.

Deer:
People who backdash out of the way and play a ranged defense.
People who'll still rush in and try to get you airborne before the dee hits.

Crows (most likely a corner setup):
People who'll use wake-up throw invincibility to squeeze in an offense to get out.

Snake:
People who stay off the ground and avoid your air-unblockables when you send out normal snakes.
People who know when to halt and offensive to block (still puts you in an offense advantage).
People who know to stay on the ground or shield EX snake.

General pets:
People who'll psychic jump-in when you send out a pet.  Hopefully, it was an a.snake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version