When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Facing Nero at the recieving end: Those damn pets.  (Read 13851 times)

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
Facing Nero at the recieving end: Those damn pets.
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:19:28 PM »
When it comes to facing nero, its not the 4c's that i worry about: It's those damn pets: the 3 versions of the deer, the crow, that snake with the big mouth. they are all brutal set ups to lead to punishment if you're not careful.

While i cant say that i am the best when it comes to beating Nero, i do have an idea of what to look out for.

1: The deer: There are 3 versions: 1 hit- the deer jumps and disappears, 2 hit- the deer walks out then does 2 dashing attacks, ex (3 hit)- same as the 2 hit but the deer dashes three times.
-Between the 2 hit and the 3 hit versions, there is a small opening between each deer dash where you are vulnerable to a throw if you are on planted on the ground.
-careful when attacking between each deer dash, that guy luvs to counter your attempts, setting you up for a 4c combo

2: that snake: the once i fear the most is the one that eats you (dunno the version).  Careful when trying to counter a snake attempt. Any bit of hit recovery that the snake catches you will result with you in being eaten.

3: The Crows:  1 shoots the crow like a quick projectile, another sets up a crow for a diagonal dash attack. The ex version sets up a barrage of crows for a diagonal dash attack.   Beware of the possible set ups of the ex version.  Trying to block a ex crow set up could make you get thrown. At the same token, trying to attack when the ex crows are out will result in a barrage of crows from going at you if even the slightest hitbox of your sprite is touching the path of the crows. Trying to jump block the crows could also set you up for an unblockable.

This is all i can think up being on the receiving end of Nero.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
Re: Facing Nero at the recieving end: Those damn pets.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Clarifications:

'A' snake is slow traveling, has a bullshit hitbox, and is mainly used in defense against jump-ins

'EX' snake is unblockable in the air. It's very easily shieldable, though.

-Between the 2 hit and the 3 hit versions, there is a small opening between each deer dash where you are vulnerable to a throw if you are on planted on the ground.

While this is true, there's a bigger window for the locked down player to throw Nero if Nero is going for the throw. Check which way the Deer is going to knock you next before attempting a counter-throw, though.

A single 2a is good before 'EX' crows start attacking if Nero is going for the throw after corner knockdown.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:11:25 PM »
Bro, isn't it a better idea to list match up specific strategies and tactics in their respective character's subforum?

All you did he was list make a move list of Nero's zoning specials in layman's terms.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 01:33:42 PM »
When it comes to facing nero, its not the 4c's that i worry about:

This is a shot at me so nyah =p

I'm not saying 4c's are something you should lose sleep over, but I don't see the problem with making a list for it?  It's like making a list for how you can counter blocked blanka balls for CvS2 or blocked shoto sweep in 3S, or whatever other analogy you can make for whatever game. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 01:43:06 PM »
Bro, isn't it a better idea to list match up specific strategies and tactics in their respective character's subforum?

All you did he was list make a move list of Nero's zoning specials in layman's terms.

this passive aggressive crap has got to stop.  i don't see you bugging over What to watch out for while spamming your scrubby 4c's!  but for your benefit, i'll format my input as what Nero should watch out for when sending out pets.

Deer:
People who backdash out of the way and play a ranged defense.
People who'll still rush in and try to get you airborne before the dee hits.

Crows (most likely a corner setup):
People who'll use wake-up throw invincibility to squeeze in an offense to get out.

Snake:
People who stay off the ground and avoid your air-unblockables when you send out normal snakes.
People who know when to halt and offensive to block (still puts you in an offense advantage).
People who know to stay on the ground or shield EX snake.

General pets:
People who'll psychic jump-in when you send out a pet.  Hopefully, it was an a.snake
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 01:44:39 PM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 02:28:34 PM »
this passive aggressive crap has got to stop.

Fuck off, this thread is 100% stupid.

i don't see you bugging over What to watch out for while spamming your scrubby 4c's!  but for your benefit, i'll format my input as what Nero should watch out for when sending out pets.

That's because that thread is to HELP people playing WITH Nero and what to look out for. This thread is supposed to help people fight against him but why would you put that up in the same forum as the character you're learning to fight against?

And on top of that, he doesn't even do that right, he just LISTS three specials and calls it a day? You get this information in a guide on learning the character, not fighting against him.

Your list helps to look out for people and how they fight said specials when YOU are playing Nero but this thread isn't about playing him either.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »
I meant this thread to further mention about Nero's summons, even if it is in a different context.  The fact that there is a post about hating on Nero's summons in the first place obviously hints to the fact that the summons are, in fact, useful and effective. And besides, Arlieth said it himself back at the tournament results post for the Evo thread.

You need to look a little harder at how I play Nero. As much as we joke about j.C, it's really the summons that kill people- even if they don't get hit by them...

If that alone doesnt  merit this thread being here then it always can be deleted or moved.

My 2 cents.  8)
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
Whatever, your two cents is freaking monopoly money buddy, I give up.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 06:06:19 PM »
wtf is your problem chibi, you had to follow him all the was into the nero thread to give him more shit?

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
wtf is your problem chibi, you had to follow him all the was into the nero thread to give him more shit?

yes thats exactly what i did sherlock
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:43:51 PM »
Fuck off, this thread is I'm 100% stupid.

fixed

I really was hoping you were mature enough to realize that any retort on your part would make you sound ever more retarded.  A shame.

Anti strategies work both ways:
1) It let's people know how to fight something
2) It let's people know what to look out for

Therefore, let's cut the bullshit drama and continue making this thread useful to those who play Nero as well as those who play against him.
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline WickedElement

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Might as well jump! :3
    • View Profile
    • Myspace - Melty Blood
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 06:45:28 PM »
Kanpeki  ~_^
3s:Hugo-Elena-Dudley|KoF98/UM:Takuma-Daimon-Andy
A3:Gen-Zangief-Charlie|GGAC:Baiken-A.B.A.-Potemkin
KoFXI:Yuri-Vanessa-Shingo|T5/DR/6:Lei-Baek-Asuka
SST:Hanzo-Jubei-Nicotine|VF4 Evo/5:Wolf-Akira-Eileen ST:Zangief-Fei Long-DJ|FFS:Big Bear-Andy-Tung MB:Miyako-Ciel-Kouma|RB2:Bash-Xiangfei-Andy

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 07:07:51 PM »
I'm fucking sick of this, do I have to follow where ever this stupid shit goes? We are trying to establish a community, we aren't SRK where they are already established and have a big foundation already so they can have leniency. If we want to be taken seriously as a community ya'll have to suck up your shit and shut up and get along, go on the IRC channel and fucking bitch to each other.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 01:40:32 PM »
Hey, just so you know, this thread is sanctioned. Anti-Nero strats in the Nero thread are perfectly legitimate considering there's universal strategies to countering them, as well as it being an easy way for Nero players (read: Me) to counter said counters. Lay off the coffee, Chibi.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 05:11:32 PM »
If Nero summons anything but the A deer or A bird you can probably rush in throw. Depends on your character's dash speed and distance from Nero. This includes EX summons. Nero can't dash throw because he has no dash. There are many other ways to safely punish his summons on reaction, usually moves with big invulnerability or stuff that gets you in the air fast + moves you forward a lot. Training mode has dummy mode now so go figure it out. Don't let the fucker feel safe in his menagerie of bestiality.

Offline Cloud Nine

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »
Why isn't anyont talking about the jC cheap Nero combo? that thing reaches REALLY far.

Offline Nevan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • "殺害の殺害の殺害の!!! Ahahah!!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 03:21:31 AM »
Has a Kouma player i hav a hard time against Nero : \ the 2.C works has a gr8 anti-air, the freaking A crow...it turns out like a very tactical match, i hav to search for a breakthrough and do the much dmg possible...dunno maybe its due my play style...but Nero is sure a pain in the arse for Kouma players.
Owarida!!!

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 04:33:38 AM »
Nero is a pain in the arse for all players. In the end, one of the things you can do is quick-jump at him like a Nanaya would do, with your finger waiting to push the shield button. Just hope he doesn't use  his 5B, or train shielding all its hits.
As for his j5C, just don't try an aerial clash with him.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Nevan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 05:10:28 AM »
I dont deny that certain fact, but there r some chars where u can easely down him. Akiha and Wara for example. Putting that aside, dealing with Nero is sure a gr8 challenge ;)
Owarida!!!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »
If you're wara don't bother using your normals, they just get clashed out or gay'd by Nero's Mantis, or 2c or 2b. SPAM THOSE SUMMONS BITCH
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Nevan

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2007, 06:05:19 AM »
AYE CAP!!! Will do!  ;D
Owarida!!!

Offline Squall_1st

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:32:41 AM »
The nero player which beated H-F Blade doesn't used so much the pets. So i don't count on them. 214B is good, but mixing isn't my way. He's good player.

imbalanced?
If he gets in the corner, he dies.
First i gotta say.
Fighting games?
Soul calibur - Tekken>all

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 10:54:28 AM »
Its because its dangerous to use the zoo against Ciel.
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
The nero player which beated H-F Blade doesn't used so much the pets. So i don't count on them. 214B is good, but mixing isn't my way. He's good player.

imbalanced?
If he gets in the corner, he dies.

You should follow what Japanese Neros do instead of American ones. And like Voomer said, Ciels can punish Nero very easily if he does his animal summons.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »
Or at least pay attention to Arlieth's Nero, since his is just about the only really good one out there I think.  :V