hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nero Replays  (Read 8191 times)

Offline Sabrewulfos Mk.II

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Nero Replays
« on: April 28, 2009, 12:23:13 PM »
mmkay, first off, hi everybody!, a friend of mine showed me this site, and this particular section in fact, as he knows i like to play as Nrvnqsr/Nero/whateveryawannaknowhimas. well, after a bit of browing, it seems that a few people don't quite have faith in his skills. i've seen people label him as a slow character and such. so, tonight, when i'm on my other computer, i'll fix up and post a few replays which will be available for download.

in the right hands, Nero is deadly. in the wrong hands, he's just a giant Crosshair. i also saw another thread somewhere around here saying that he's ill-suited vs. Red Aciued and Walachia. wel, funnily enough, he's actually very well suited. Red has very few long-range melee attacks, having to rely on actual command attacks to keep her distance. this is similar for Walachia, because though his cape gives him wide range, you once again need actual commands to keep him at a distance. Nrv's melee, however, gives him a great advantage. his Centipede Mandible, Mantis Scythe and Wolf Slash all have good range and even with a slow recovery, this issue can be overcome, as you will see in my Replays.

i hope these replays will prove helpful :p

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
Re: Nero Replays
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 01:30:49 AM »
I hate to break it to you but you are so amazingly wrong. Once you deal with competent players you'll find out the problem with Nero's attacks being basically made of paper.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 06:52:48 PM »
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2189726254454672344

I hate this matchup almost as bad as Mech Hisui.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:57:56 PM by Arlieth Tralare »
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 07:29:22 PM »
what replays

i dont see them

who the fuck is you

ok who is that quiet guy commentating in the backgruond

oh its psylocke
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 07:32:07 PM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Xx ggmaster xX

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 02:23:07 AM »
Fate Rarely Calls Upon Us at a Moment of our Choosing.

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 10:36:03 AM »
Those invalids...must...hold...in...rage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSvvyU3KFpY
If you're not this good or have something positive to share, don't bother. You'll only create a shitstorm, which will only consist of me and maybe one other person telling you to get off your high horse.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:48:30 AM by Fui »

Offline heir

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • DEER GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 05:30:03 AM »
That joke was 27 days late.

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 05:58:18 AM »
Shoot, I wanted to see those replays. T_T
<linalys> no he hasn't

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
aww man, i completely forgot i made this thread! well, i've had some recent computer troubles, but i'll get on them tonight. as for what  was aying about how good Nrvnqsr is, well, in the right matchup, against the right player, you WILL get beaten down. one thing you need to keep in mind is be deceptive. summon up a bird cloud, and if your enemy uses it to Ex-Shield, jump forward and grab. another good combo is Centipede, Wolf claw, Biohazard, quick attack, Biohazard. do that right, you'll get over 14 hits. if you can, use an air-grab at the end *air grabs never work for me =.= *

And finally, in response to the first reply, i've played high players before. it's usually a spam character with the infinite loop combo being used. repetitively. there's an easy way to deal with it. Ex-Shield alot. :3 jyaan jyaan jyaan

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2009, 11:13:35 AM »
"i've played high players before. it's usually a spam character with the infinite loop combo being used. repetitively. there's an easy way to deal with it. Ex-Shield alot."

Creating a strategy that relies upon EX-Shield is sketchy at best (despite my evidence to the contrary) and stupidly risky at worst. Based upon what you're saying, you're an intermediate player at best. Because of that, people on this board will take advice from you with a HUGE grain of salt, so we don't expect you to be doing us a favor or teaching us much by uploading your replays. However, we are totally down to review your matches and help you improve. Granted, there isn't a whole lot of information here on the Nero section, but the advanced strats we know and use tend to come from video footage of two Japanese players, SAT and Lucky Star.

Nero's matchup against Red Arc is ridiculously bad. She has aerial superiority at multiple angles, full-screen punishes, lockdown with blood rings and consistent damage off of her air combos which end in an airthrow that puts her right next to you for okizeme (mixups when one player is knocked down). The video I linked above is my BEST matchup against a skilled Red Arc (who is a Japanese player, foreign exchange student)- I usually get beaten down by him.

Warakia was never a particularly bad matchup for Nero as far as I remember, mostly because Wara takes damage like a cheap paper bag. He is rather formidable in the air and on offense, however.
<linalys> no he hasn't

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 01:50:50 AM »
well, one of the reasons that i'm doing these to be honest is to get the ball rolling, as it seemed Nero's area IS a little lacking. i figured i start up a few replays, get some feedback, people post their own etc... and yeah, i'm a bit of a rookie player. my apologies for not getting these done sooner, but i've had computer hell... long story. anyways, i'm making them now :3 criticism is welcome, but only the constructive kind please.

EDIT: alrighty, i got 2 replays. the first one is Vs. Walachia and the second is Vs. Red Arcueid :3 enjoy, and yes, these are my first two matches this morning, so pardon the fact that i had a slow startup

these replays were made on difficulty 5 seeing as how nobody i know is online right now ;.;

forgot to mention, if anyone wants to battle me, i use Hamachi, so feel free to challenge me.unless i'm busy etc... i'll probably accept and please don't be surprised if you pwn me  :blah:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:59:33 AM by Sabrewulfos Mk.II »

Offline Angeldarksong

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 04:13:48 AM »
these replays were made on difficulty 5 seeing as how nobody i know is online right now ;.;

Just to let ya know, replays against computers, even if they're 5 difficulty are not the best way to gauge ones skill.
If i'm right the computer doesn't do a lot of things a human player would do. Computer AI is good for practicing BnB's and like the like though...

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:41:31 AM »
Yeah, you're not going to learn much from playing against the computer, because of one reason: It doesn't learn. I thought you were going to upload replays from versus matches, to be honest.

I can take a look at them to discuss your approaches, setups and combos, though. I don't have MBAC currently installed on this computer so it'll be a little while.
<linalys> no he hasn't

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 03:48:30 PM »
If you want to play people I suggest you get on IRC if you can (irc.prison.net #mbac).

I think the best way to learn Nero is to watch high level play and practice combos, blockstrings, and setups. Understanding of normals, mechanics, and matchups just comes from experience.

I hope you took a look at the video I posted earlier. Here's another one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJQuOvzc5Cs

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2009, 04:55:53 AM »
:3 yeah, i'm watching the videos. gotta say, i'm quite impressed XD i've begun practicing a few bits already

Offline Deer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • (´・ω・`)⊂ - nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2009, 06:11:09 PM »
ぶぶ ( ´∀` )
@ irc.deltaanime.net

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 09:38:18 PM »
stupidly risky at worst.

To elaborate, a standard throw setup in this game is whiff air attack, throw. If however, you are the kind of person who habitually goes for shield the other player has the hilarious option, whiff air-attack -> BnB. That is most certainly not a situation you want to be in. Furthermore, with some characters, maneuvers like going for shields on the ground often actually gives them a mixup. I am basing this off Satsuki who can switch up 2c, 5b/c to beat low or high shield respectively, but I'm almost certain pretty much every other character in the cast can do it too.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:40:55 PM by Abstract Nonsense »
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you