hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Setups for EX Crow  (Read 3803 times)

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Setups for EX Crow
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:03:51 AM »
It looks like that in certain instances, it's not always best to let your opponent get a handle on your EX Deer game, but you still have lots of meter to burn.

At certain heights, performing an air combo into an air throw seems to affect the distance between him and his opponent upon landing. The lower you are to the ground, the closer you are to them.

Magikarp's told me that SAT regularly uses EX Crow setups at that approximate range to where the opponent will be forced to crouch unless they want to eat chip damage from the EX Crows. But because they're crouching, they're not actually blocking the crows; hence, they are vulnerable to being thrown (and eating ~2400 damage because of being held up to EX Crows).

I'll try experimenting with different heights to get the best results out of this, but if anyone has anything to contribute (research/experience), please feel free to contribute.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
Re: Setups for EX Crow
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 06:18:18 AM »
It used to be braindead easy before the updates leading to AC/FT but if you can somehow manage to make them airguard EX Crows, that's obviously free guard break into air combo as well.   Though this setup is a lot more different now than it was then.  (i.e. they jumped into you, you traded EX crows with their j.abc and you won)

Then there's the make them block ex deer AND ex crows and scare them with an unblockable arc drive.  Which depending on their life and experience vs this kind of trap, could scare them into getting hit by the crows, deer, or the arc drive. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline king dooky

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 11:30:26 AM »
this is some interesting stuff because this is my favorite character in the game and I am new to the scene. Is there anywhere this could be explained if you were using a stick?

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:49:19 PM »
I always thought I was cool when throwing into the EX crows.
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline Magikarp9

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 03:09:07 AM »
<Magikarp9> http://www.a-cho.com/ac/mov.html
<Magikarp9> holy holy shit
<Magikarp9> lucky star is good
<Magikarp9> arl needs to pull some stuff off him
<Magikarp9> double overhead tick into throw
<Magikarp9> wait
<Magikarp9> single overhead into double overhead threat(whiffed) into throw
<Magikarp9> whoa setup into j.c combo out of corner except he does airthrow throw back into corner intead of j.c
<Tropsy> lol lucky star, he's obviously an emissary of kyoani
<Tropsy> "lucky star is good" "MUST DOWNLOAD"
<Magikarp9> then 236c 2a(whiff) 236b iad j.a 214b(B crow connects) 421c into guardbreak/counterhit since opponent gets jumpy
<Magikarp9> man someone needs to tell that to arl
<LoliSauce> lol, as if Arly's not winning enough west coast tourneys already =P

Just posting first since I don't want to forget this. Will elaborate later when I get around to it:D