When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Wallachia Matchups  (Read 4994 times)

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
Wallachia Matchups
« on: May 23, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »
I'm trying to get some more info about this, and maybe get a bit more discussion going on this forum (come on, just since we have a bad character doesn't mean nobody plays him D:)

The numbers are from Arlieth's matchup chart, then any comments are mine.

Sion: 4.5
She outdamages you and has j.C to eat your airgame.  Better pressure, decent ways to get out of pressure, you're not going to take this one easy.  Also, her whips are very good at punishing your air, but she also is punishable if you bait that.

V.Sion: 4.5
Better pressure, j.C, outdamages you with her 236C.  Not really good for you, but I feel like this is probably better than Sion, so I don't know for sure here.

Ciel: 4.13
5B will whiff her dash, 5C will whiff her dash, she outpressures you, she outdamages you, she's Ciel, she has ex-hiero.  You're screwed.  You will clash her dash and she will just eat you alive.

Arcueid: 5.13
No idea.  I guess j.B probably beats her airgame, but you really can't get out of her pressure easily.

Warc: 4.38
Blood rings make j.B hard to use, and her pressure is very very very strong.  Wallachia is not good at getting out of pressure.  This is dangerous.

Akiha: 5.13
Akiha has trouble with this matchup because her airgame is not meant to deal with something like Wallachia.  2B hurts Akiha very badly as well, so even though she has a ton more HP than you, it's a good matchup.

V.Akiha: 5.88
2B.

Hisui: 4.63
Hisui is another heavy pressure character, and once again, Wallachia is not good at dealing with that.  Whiff cancel dash throw comes quick, so you're really not having a fun time here.

Kohaku: 5.25
I don't have much to say here, your j.B probably beats out a lot of what she has, I don't really know solo Kohaku so I can't say much.

HisuKoha: 5.13
I dunno much about this matchup either.  Anybody want to fill in some blanks?

M.Hisui: 4.00
Jetpacks will murder you, laser crossbow is painful, air missiles hurt, she really just zones you to pieces in this matchup, since Wara is very reliant on his airgame.

Shiki Tohno: 5.5
I know nothing about this matchup.  At least there is no BANANA SHIKI this game.

Nanaya: 5
I really don't feel like this is neutral, so I must be missing something, since I've even seen this listed to be in Wara's favor.  I feel his j.A and j.C pretty much cleanly beat your j.B in the air, and his ground normals are far better than Wara's in terms of range and priority, not to mention speed, so it's rather difficult to get out of his pressure and avoid getting into it in the first place, I feel, but I seem to not be agreed with on this.

Miyako: 4.5
Miyako hurts.  Her pressure just doesn't stop and you can't get out.

Nero: 4.83
Freaking mantis claw will clash through 5C in a favorable for him manner, ruins my signature 5A whiff 5C.  His airgame is hard to deal with, I feel.  That might be me sucking though.

Sacchin: 5.38
j.B all day.

Ren: 4.25
Ren will eat you alive in the air.  This is a very unpleasant matchup because she can just fly around spamming j.C and it's hard to deal with that.

Aoko: 5.13
I know nothing about this matchup, somebody help me out here.

Kouma: 4.63
Bara 214A/214C hurt multi-hit attacks.  Wara has a bunch of these, so try to 5A whiff a bunch of those early and IAD j.B, but keep it unpredictable.  5B, 2B, 5C, and 2C 5A whiff mixed up can make for powerful strings, so make sure you do that.

W.Len: 6.75
What?  6.75?  That's ridiculous! Somebody has to fill me in on this because I have no idea why that is the case.

Help me out with this guys, I'll keep editing more info into the first post as I'm given it, or come up with it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 06:25:31 AM by Benny1 »
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
Re: Wallachia Matchups
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
Kouma is bad because Wara gets destroyed by bara 214A.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 08:26:04 PM »
Wara beats W Len so badly because of air normals just being ridiculously superior to hers.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline NoNo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 09:44:54 PM »
i think it's rather that wlen is so slow she fails at punishing you do. Even 623C is a pain to punish (2B only score 1 hit).

If you check their hitbox, whitelen air moves arent THAT bad, she's just too slow to use them correctly

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 05:28:42 AM »
i think it's rather that wlen is so slow she fails at punishing you do. Even 623C is a pain to punish (2B only score 1 hit).

If you check their hitbox, whitelen air moves arent THAT bad, she's just too slow to use them correctly

IAD can be used to punish baited/blocked 623Cs fairly efficiently.

Her air normals are pretty bad. Wara's j.b makes it very difficult to use j.[c], so her zoning is pretty much nothing, and as you said, the speed difference is really awful. She can't keep Wara away from herself because she's such a slug.

Out ranged, out zoned, out ran... bad matchup.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 11:27:50 PM »
I'd say V.Sion and Sion are about equally bad.  They both rape your air normals and have very tight pressure.  Sion can do more damage from combos but V.Sion can grab you for ~3.5k and has summon setups.  

I don't think Wara vs Warc is that bad for him.  I'd put it at 4.5.  Blood rings are ugh but she can't really approach you.  Warachia has problems getting in as well but he controls the stage nicely.  She does a bit more than you do off of a bnb, has stronger pressure, and if your moves ever trade or clash she wins.  If you can block fairly well it's not as bad because you can heat somewhere in the middle of her pressure and get out.  Weaker pressure sucks but Warachia has strong oki if you can land 2C 236C 2C in corner, which is hard to do on her.  Losing clash sucks ballz and the matchup is extremely boring though :(.  
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:38:21 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love