When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Sacchin Vid Thread  (Read 10836 times)

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
Sacchin Vid Thread
« on: March 23, 2007, 12:28:29 AM »
Was bored and so watched a random MB vid and came across an interesting one (for me at least) on the first try.  Yay go me. 

Anyway it's over at game41 currently
http://game41.web.infoseek.co.jp/movieroom.htm

It's the first vid the 38,313kb one.  I don't have time stamps as I just watched and deleted the vid, but four times the Sacchin would knock down the opponent and instead of doing any of the established otg grab strings would do a double jump over the downed body and come down with a IABD j.c that stayed behind the opponent, a 2b for the high/low (though I wonder why not just go straight to 2c?, is 2b even a low I forget), and a IABD that moved her back in front of the opponent for the cross-cross over. 

Sacchin had a 3/4 success rate, only had one 2b blocked.  I haven't seen this before myself and thought the grab otgs to be the be all end all, but it didn't look too bad here.  Maybe this is old and completely obvious, but worth a look for people who haven't seen this setup like me. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
Re: Sacchin Vid Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 01:27:44 AM »
I'm thinking that I've seen that video before, but I can't check and find out here at work. I HAVE seen that tactic used before, though. It's just one of the mixup tactics Satsuki has. 4A+D throws (backthrowing), superjumping after the foe and double jumping a few pixels on the opposite side of your opponent just as they're getting up is another tactic. There are a few others, but unless your opponent doesn't catch on very quickly, I'd recommend mixing up your tactics.

I sometimes freeze and block in the wrong direction, so I know how the tactic you're speaking about actually works, not just in theory :P

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
The videos are also available here in case game41 takes them down(they probably will eventually when more vids come out)
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Jimy1125

Anyway, yuzupeko(the MBHP guy) has some Sacchin mixup videos on his Youtube account, so I'll post them here.  Hopefully they'll help:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=yuzupeko&page=4
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:45:59 AM »
This is just a modified version of the OLD loop ender before people would use 2C 5C IAD airthrow.

It probably works well because people haven't seen this old mixup in months despite it having been very good at the time.

It was dropped by alot of the other satsuki players likely because it can sacrifice 300 + damage depending on how bad your scaling is when you reach the 2C.

It might be worth reexploring now with the advent of 22C and 214C loops proving to do more damage than 623C loop.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 06:50:21 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 03:49:44 PM »
Kind of old, but in case you guys missed these matches the first time, here's Denpa OCV'ing the competition.  Best Sacchin ever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjhQDLhvMnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yu4IelMiXM
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline TheCatSyd

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 08:26:58 AM »
Holy fucking shit Tohno got pwned.

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 05:49:21 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/user/Takane7

This user has posted some of Satsuki's mixup options off various combo enders(airthrow, early 2c, etc).  Should be useful
Blog

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 04:33:58 PM »

It might be worth reexploring now with the advent of 22C and 214C loops proving to do more damage than 623C loop.

I've seen this posted several times, I was wondering if you knew any of those loops or where I could find them. It seems like learning them would be prudent.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 01:50:33 AM »
I was browsing a MBAC playlist when I stumbled upon this:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm2554943

It's not that great, but there is something I noticed that I hadn't seen before (maybe since I started playing Satsuki a lot I start to notice cool stuff I miss normally): The Sacchin player does the meterless 2C (a little pause) 5B 214A j.throw combo, which lets you go straight into 4-way mixup while completely avoiding the normal 623C loop or j.[C] which never hits. Obviously Satsuki goes through meter very fast, so there will be times you won't have meter, and her 4-way is the strongest part of her game, so I was wondering if that combo is a good idea. It does more damage than 2C 5C 623B then cut off for mixup that people used to do, and the only thing that brings it down is the reverse beat, which I think is more negligible for Sacchin since she doesn't rebeat in her normal BnB so it's less likely rebeats will stack and give a long-lasting heavy penalty like it could for some characters.

As for some of the other things that player does, I don't understand why he doesn't put in a 214A before the j.throw in his normal BnB. Could someone explain or is it just a "I don't want to screw it up and I learned it this way" thing, because I can't figure out the timing to actually do 2C 5C j.throw omitting the 214A after learning the combo with 214A.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 01:52:35 AM by Ultima66 »

Offline Sprint

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
    • Ye Olde Website
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2008, 01:58:58 PM »
623B into OTG is for more damage and circuit.
214A Airthrow is for better mixups.
Both are standard, and which one you should use depends on what's more important at the time, as well as your own taste/ability.

Jumpcancelling 214A on block strips its ability to be jumpcancelled until after your next combo. As such, there are often situations where 214A cannot combo into Airthrow. It can be a bit distracting to keep track of, so many players tend to skip the 214A to make sure.
However, there is no reason not to use it after landing consecutive combos on the opponent. The first combo will always reset this ability, so if the subsequent mixup connects then it's pretty obvious that 214A Airthrow will work.
Blah.

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2008, 06:27:11 PM »
I can't figure out the timing to actually do 2C 5C j.throw omitting the 214A after learning the combo with 214A.

2c5c IAD airthrow.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline HasarD

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2009, 12:55:27 PM »

Offline suzumiya4ever

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »
can anyone give me nico or youtube link of full moon sacchin? thanks :D

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 05:04:54 AM »
the best mixup video I've ever seen for MBAC Satsuki, came on late 2009, so probably many didnt see...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZih_pOGXoc
A little bit of console ain't too bad.