When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The win of Sacchin.  (Read 70596 times)

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
Re: The win of Sacchin.
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 12:12:50 AM »
D:
It didn't help but I found and ugly workaround.

See, I can nail the jump throw in the string when I start the 2c closer to the target, but at that distance it just doesn't seem work.

You need to use 214A in that situation. If you don't want to use 214A, you will more likely than not have to jump cancel the 5C into IAD forward into air throw. That's how they used to do it back before 214A was jump cancelable. There isn't much reason to use the old method since it requires more execution. However, it gives you a lot more control over how high you are from the ground whereas the 214A method causes you to be at a very high point when doing your air throw.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 12:32:14 AM »
Here is a video of how to airthrow. XviD encoded.

http://instantairdash.com/SacchinAir.avi

...yes, I now own Instantairdash.com.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 07:00:15 PM »
okay new question

situation:
opponent is blocking, i 214a(it becomes blocked) iad out of it then j.c(which hits miraculously or something), go into 2c5c623b(groundslam)5b623c2c5c

now the question is after that last 5c can i jump cancel out of it and go into a grab

also can i jump cancel if i used 214a at the end instead

214a is pretty much the only jump cancellable special in the game. Jump cancel into airthrow always.

The ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY reason not to use 214a before jump cancel into air throw is if you want to throw your opponent really close to the ground using 2c5c IAD airthrow. I, personally, have no faith in this version as you simply need to airthrow earlier or later to do all of Satsuki's airthrow okizeme.

Also, if you hit with a j.C, it is always more damaging to do 2a5b2c5c214a airthrow.

D: still didn't answer the question, anyways that was just an example of after if i do get a hit with j.c

question is if i can still jump cancel on the last 214a or 5c before the airthrow (well actually more like can some1 try this and confirm wether this is possible or not(just set the opponent to crouch block)
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2008, 07:19:34 PM »
okay new question

situation:
opponent is blocking, i 214a(it becomes blocked) iad out of it then j.c(which hits miraculously or something), go into 2c5c623b(groundslam)5b623c2c5c

now the question is after that last 5c can i jump cancel out of it and go into a grab

also can i jump cancel if i used 214a at the end instead

214a is pretty much the only jump cancellable special in the game. Jump cancel into airthrow always.

The ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY reason not to use 214a before jump cancel into air throw is if you want to throw your opponent really close to the ground using 2c5c IAD airthrow. I, personally, have no faith in this version as you simply need to airthrow earlier or later to do all of Satsuki's airthrow okizeme.

Also, if you hit with a j.C, it is always more damaging to do 2a5b2c5c214a airthrow.

D: still didn't answer the question, anyways that was just an example of after if i do get a hit with j.c

question is if i can still jump cancel on the last 214a or 5c before the airthrow (well actually more like can some1 try this and confirm wether this is possible or not(just set the opponent to crouch block)

It doesn't seem like either will work due to your jump-cancel ability being stripped due to the 214A jump-cancel on block.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »
magz, incorrect. 214a regains its jump cancel whenever you or the enemy are hit. A way to test this:

2c5c214a jc to airthrow. Airthrow adds an extra hit to your combo counter. Go for okizeme and have your opponent block everything until you 214a again. You will be able to jump cancel this 214a.

Also, sorry @ Twinniss. I didn't consider the question properly.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2008, 09:22:47 PM »
magz, incorrect. 214a regains its jump cancel whenever you or the enemy are hit. A way to test this:

2c5c214a jc to airthrow. Airthrow adds an extra hit to your combo counter. Go for okizeme and have your opponent block everything until you 214a again. You will be able to jump cancel this 214a.

Partially correct. You're ignoring Twinniss's example situation again. He specifically is talking about 214A (blocked) jump cancel IAD forward j.C into combo leading to 623C 2C (2 hits) 5C. From here, you can not jump cancel due to the weird property 214A jump cancel on block has where, if you jump cancel a blocked 214A into IAD j.C into a combo, you lose jump cancel ability for that combo. Feel free to test it yourself.

@Twinniss: My recommendation for when you find yourself in this situation is go with the immediate super jump mixup right after the 623C (described in my earlier post).
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 09:26:58 PM by magz »

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2008, 10:56:22 PM »
I stand completely correctly. It is not possible to jump cancel this sequence. This explains a lot to me.

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2008, 08:19:56 PM »
wow

Does this just strip 214a of its jump cancability(thats not a word?!) for the move alone or does it mean you cant jump cancel at any point in the combo. If its the former it would answer my earlier question and explain why you'd see the IAD airthrows instead of the usual fare
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 09:01:16 PM by Lolly »

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2008, 04:55:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm surprised to see no talk whatsoever of the infinite here. I've been practicing the Ciel variant -- for the benefit of the lazy, you can start however you want as long as you manage to land a 623c in corner near the beginning of heat, and then: [2c 5c 214a (delay) 22c 5[c] 2[c] 2c 22b 5a 5b 623b 2c 5b 2aaaa 2b 5c 214a 623c]xN

I'm having some trouble getting the whole OTG string in -- you need to walk slightly forward before the OTG (which I failed to do in the attached replay, which caused me to fail), but even at point blank I just can't seem to be able to get 4 2a's in. Any suggestions? (It may not even matter -- I haven't checked if 4 2A's are actually necessary, but my guess is that they probably are) Also, any ideas why the late 22c cancel on the 214a is so inconsistent? It just seems to randomly not work.

EDIT: Ok, managed to get the OTG, but it's *by far* the hardest part of the infinite. You need to walk forward a bit after the 623b (even when you see Sacchin walking forward, there's a zone where she'll still whiff the 4th 2a and another zone where she'll get 4 2a's but whiff the 2b, so it seems you need to walk forward at least 3f, possibly more) and it makes it very hard to connect the 2c, anything other than an extremely light tap is a guaranteed failure because of charging.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:02:41 PM by Tropsy »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2008, 05:02:33 PM »
wow

Does this just strip 214a of its jump cancability(thats not a word?!) for the move alone or does it mean you cant jump cancel at any point in the combo. If its the former it would answer my earlier question and explain why you'd see the IAD airthrows instead of the usual fare

It's for the entire duration of that combo that you do from the IAD j.C which was jump-canceled from the blocked 214A.

Offline lichu123

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 21, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

Also, sorry @ Twinniss. I didn't consider the question properly.

i'm having problem. with Airthrow.
i was able to did 2c5c214a, then hit the cpu to the air, then my jump hit or throw miss 90% of the time, what gives?  most of the time, i just hit air when trying to airthrow. it looks like my jump is too high compare to the video. i'm kind of new to the game, i played alot of SF and KoFs. it looks like my timing is almost off when doing combos in this game, mostly air combo.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #61 on: February 21, 2008, 10:26:15 PM »
Post a replay.

Offline lichu123

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2008, 11:20:47 PM »
for some reason my replay is not in C:\Program Files\EcoleSoftware\MBACWIN\Replay. it  only has "MeltyWiki Instant Air Dash" replay inside that folder, but i can replay it in the game. Rep00. i will try to fine it tomorrow. 1am here.

Edit: i recorded the game, but it's not in the replay folder.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:15:26 PM by lichu123 »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 03:37:42 PM »
Just do a quick versus player match and save the replay.

Offline lichu123

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 12:07:37 PM »
Just do a quick versus player match and save the replay.

again, samething. able to save the match and watch it, but i can't find the replay file. Do a search and find nothing. i don't think i have a different game, i was able to download other people's replay and watch it.

Edit: nvm, i think i know why now after reading Tiger Kneeing on  wiki.meltybread.com while trying to find replay file. I would still want to know how people make those replay files. any link would be helpful.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:53:50 PM by lichu123 »

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2008, 08:09:18 PM »
although this is starting to go into the other threads on problems

right click your replay folder and click properties check to see if it doesnt say read only for the folder
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 12:27:08 PM »
We don't care about infinates cause in MB they just waste time they can't kill unless you are willing to wait an hour because of the damn scaling, and plus if we really want to we can combo for a damn long time anyways, I mean once you get past the 20sec mark you are hardly doing any damage whatso ever.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 12:51:01 PM »
infinite = win by time out
thundering waterfalls

Offline Abstract Nonsense

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • finding comfort in boning a whale
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2008, 09:52:05 PM »
I have a question about this video. a little after :08 he performs 2c5b 623c OTG, and I can't seem to nail it for the life of me. I was wondering if it was a practical combo to learn for the execution requirements, as I can't seem to nail it after two hours of practice, and the execution requirements seem a little up there and it doesn't seem to add THAT much damage over 2c->623c.
[01:46] <@BNAK_OF_AFRIKA> would u get a foot job from mech hisui
[01:46] <MrTopHat> Depends, can the feet do anything
[01:46] <Coren> they have motor skates
[01:46] <MrTopHat> : |  [20:39] <Pfhor> I am going to murder all of you

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2008, 11:20:46 PM »
Unless you are desperate for meter, 2C(2 hits) 623C is fine.

Offline Sprint

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
    • Ye Olde Website
« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2008, 04:38:14 PM »
You have to walk forwards slightly before the 2C. I'd guess about 3-4 frames worth.
Also, holding 2C for longer than 2 frames will delay it and reduce your timing window, so tap it very lightly.
Blah.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2008, 02:44:51 PM »
*Sigh*
I am back again, I know I have asked alot of questions but here is another. What are your options after 623b with Nanaya? I can't seem to figure out the loop into 623c.

You know...I wish there was a list or something. It would be the most useful thing to Sacchin players ever.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 03:17:40 PM by Abstract Nonsense »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2008, 06:24:37 PM »
*Sigh*
I am back again, I know I have asked alot of questions but here is another. What are your options after 623b with Nanaya? I can't seem to figure out the loop into 623c.

You know...I wish there was a list or something. It would be the most useful thing to Sacchin players ever.
5b 623c works just fine. Maybe the timing is a little more strict for him but I have not noticed.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »
*Sigh*

5b 623c works just fine. Maybe the timing is a little more strict for him but I have not noticed.

Huh...that wasn't working for me. But I will go back to practice mode and work on it until I get it.
D:
Should the grab go off before or after he bounces off the ground?

EDIT: Nevermind I got it, it's almost immediately after the 5b.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 05:58:23 PM by Abstract Nonsense »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2008, 10:47:58 PM »
For all characters that can be hit by 5b after 623B/236B you should aim for hitting 623C as soon as you input that 5B. Make sure you don't input the 5b until 623B ends or else you'll end up with a 623C on a ground person A.K.A free combo for your opponent.