hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: What to do after 623B  (Read 5249 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
What to do after 623B
« on: July 05, 2008, 02:45:32 AM »
Since Sacchin's BnBs are quite character-specific, I thought I'd experiment with all the characters and see what you can do after the 623B. All this is done in MBAC PC ver1.03b. Tests are based on this BnB:

2A 5B 2C 5C 623B (?) 623C 2C 5C airthrow

Use the list below to fill in the brackets with the command(s) based on the character you're facing.

All OTG 2Cs are 2 hits except for Shiki, Nanaya, VAkiha and probably other people I didn't notice. A OTG 2C will result in only 1 hit for some reason.

Midscreen
5B- All but Ciel, Miyako, Len, WLen (they just whiff through), Neco-Arc, NAC (you can't connect afterwards)
2B- Shiki, Arc, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Sacchin, Nero
5C- Shiki, Arc, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Sacchin, Nero
2C- Shiki, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Miyako, Sacchin, Nero
5B2B- Shiki, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Sacchin, Nero
5B2C- Shiki, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Sacchin, Nero

2B5B, 2B5C, 2B2C, 5C5B, 5C2B, 5C2C, 2C5B, 2C2B, and 2C5C can't/shouldn't be used against anyone. The 623C can't connect after.

Corner (anywhere where the OTGed opponent's movement will be restricted by the corner)
5B- All but Ciel, Miyako, Len, WLen, Neco-Arc and NAC
2B- All but Miyako, Hisui, Len, WLen, Kohaku, MHisui and Necos
5C- All but Miyako, Hisui, Len, WLen, Kohaku, MHisui and Necos
2C- Aoko, Shiki, Arc, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Miyako, Sacchin, Nero
5B2B- All but Ciel, Miyako, Len, WLen, Necos
5B2C- All but Ciel, Miyako, Len, WLen, Necos
2B2C- Aoko, Shiki, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Miyako, Sacchin, Nero
5C2B- Wara alone
5C2C- Aoko, Shiki, Ciel, Wara, Nanaya, Kouma, Miyako, Sacchin, Nero
2C5B- All but Shiki, Nanaya, VAkiha, Necos
2C5C- Ciel, Wara, Kouma, Sacchin, Nero

5B5C, 2B5B, 2B5C, 5C5B and 2C2B should not be attempted.

My execution isn't top-notch so I may have slipped up a combo that could be possible on a character. I haven't attempted 3 attacks nor combos with 1 hit 2Cs. I'll update when I feel like it or when someone discovers something and tells me.

Notes
1)When fighting Necos, abandon all BnBs or switch character. You can't connect 623Cs after OTGs.
2)Len and WLen seem only to be hittable in corners using 2C5B. ONLY. Unless someone proves me wrong, which I hope.
3)IIRC, 5Cs do the most damage as OTGs.

Please test these out for yourselves and if I made any mistakes (which should be plenty) post in this thread.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:52:56 AM by BurstOfAnger »
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
Re: What to do after 623B
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 05:42:11 AM »
For NA and NAC you should try 5B 214A j.AT? I don't know and don't feel like experimenting with stuff right now. It's a good beginning of the list for sure. I haven't touched MB in a while though, and don't feel like messing with stuff right now, but when I get a chance this list will be a really good tool.

And of course it's not like Sacchin can't combo without 623B. The health on NA and NAC is low enough that going straight into the 623C is still really damaging, and what I did as a super noob before I knew you could OTG from 623B.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
I thought with Len and Wlen you would take a step back(maybe its forward), then do 214A,623C, its terrible prorate but it keeps the combo going.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
Yea, I haven't experimented with specials either. Please give ideas cos I'm not sure how to put them in. I've only just started using Sacchin.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 05:03:46 PM by BurstOfAnger »

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 11:18:15 PM »
How do you j.C j.throw them? I can get 1 or the other, but not both. I thought Sacchin's aerials couldn't be cancelled by dash/throw.

Offline Sprint

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
    • Ye Olde Website
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 06:46:18 AM »
More complete version:

General rules:
- 5B misses Ciel, Lens and Miyako on the ground.
- The second hit of 2C misses Tohno, Nanaya and VAkiha directly off the ground.
- The second hit of a 2C juggle misses Lens and VAkiha.
- The second hit of a 2C juggle tends to miss Sions and Nero. Delay it to get both hits to connect (hard)
- The first hit of a 2C juggle tends to miss Nanaya, but the second hit connects. Delay it to get both hits to connect (easier than above) or adjust the followup to account for the missing hit.

Usually, you should use the biggest combo available except in the following situations:
- After 236B, only use combos consisting of 5C/5B/2B to avoid prorating the 623C.
- After an air counterhit into 5B 623B, avoid the second hit of 2C for the same reason.
- In multi-EX combos, avoid using 2B or the second hit of 2C until the last loop (low damage moves early in the combo = bad for damage).

Brown = Walkup (or timed 2C) required. Brackets indicate the walkup timing window.
(Personally, I find anything more than 3f to be reliable)
Beige = Redundant. Don't use it.

Midscreen 623B ### 623C
3-hit
  • 5B2C: Kouma Tohno Satsuki Wara Nanaya(4) Aoko(2) Nero
  • 2C5B: Ciel(6) Nero(4) Satsuki(13) Kouma(8) Wara(7)
2-hit
  • 5C2C(1): Wara, Satsuki(9) *More damage than 5B2C unless cutting short after 623C for a mixup
  • 5B2C(1): Aoko Arc Kouma Nanaya Nero Satsuki Tohno Wara Sions(2) Warc(2) Akiha(1) Kohaku(1)
  • 2C: Ciel Miyako Kouma Nero Satsuki Wara Aoko(3)
  • 5B2B: Kouma Nanaya Nero Satsuki Tohno Wara Arc(2) *Use after 236B
1-hit
  • 5C: Arc Ciel Kouma Nanaya Nero Satsuki Tohno Wara Aoko(3) WLen(2)
  • 2C(1): Aoko(9) WLen(6) Sions(4) Warc(4) Akiha(2) Kohaku(2) VAkiha(2) Arc Ciel Kouma Nanaya Nero Satsuki Tohno Wara
  • 5B: Akiha Aoko Hisuis Kohaku Sions Warc VAkiha Arc Kouma Nanaya Nero Tohno Wara
Len Specific (after 236B)
  • 2B: WLen(3) *5C is better, but 2B is marginally easier. Not worth using against anyone else.
  • 214A: Len(6) *Press 214 during 236B, then hold 6 as it recovers to walk forwards before pressing A.
Try to avoid using 623B against Len unless in the corner. Going straight into 623C ends up doing about the same damage as the 214A OTG.

Additional Corner Combos: (only listing the good ones)
  • 5C2C5B{2B}:
    - Probably the best general-purpose corner OTG she has. Works on everybody and does nice damage.
    - Use either a 1 or 2 hit 2C depending on range/opponent. 1-hit version must be used against Lens/VAkiha. 2-hit against Nanaya/Necos.
    - Delay 2C vs Nanaya/Sions/Nero for both hits to connect, or against Sions/Nero just use the 1-hit 2C.
    - 2B is optional and character specific. For the full-hit OTG I recommend using one of the alternatives below instead
  • 2B2C5B5C: As above, but can connect all hits further away from the corner. Doesn't work on Lens/VAkiha/Necos
  • 5B2B2C5C: Another alternative. This one doesn't work on Ciel/Lens/Miyako/Necos
  • 5B2B2A5C{2C(1)}: A more reliable Nanaya combo.
  • 2C5B: Works on anyone except Nanaya/Tohno/VAkiha/Necos
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 09:10:34 PM by Sprint »
Blah.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
Wow, thanks for the info man. You really added a lot of info there. I trust this works for PC?