When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Aoko Aozaki

Aoko Matchup Thread

(1/8) > >>

KomagPHL:
hi guys, i was wondering. how does aoko do against the other characters? i seem to be having a hard time against hisui as opposed to shiki. does anyone know which matchups are aoko's trouble matches and which ones are in her favor?

Nevan:
I found the little flee Miyako very annoying :S

Chun (中):

--- Quote from: Nevan on October 30, 2007, 09:15:31 AM ---I found the little flee Miyako very annoying :S

--- End quote ---

From my experience,

I think Aoko has trouble with Nero if he's up close, Sion, a bit of Ciel and Nekos. She has some limited options against advanced necos because of their height/hitbox (You need a EX orb to be able to reach them, or start a 6A, I believe) and when playing Nero Aoko just doesn't have much to wake up out of the mess of stuff (Backdash short). Ciel is slightly annoying if not for the EX Hiero during cool down of orb placement. A good Sion can annoy the hell out of you in corner pressure and Aoko's limited options take too long to suffice, due to gun ranging, thread grabs, etc.

Miss Aozaki isn't very good at close range pressure (Recieving), save for the 623 wakeup EX, or perhaps an Orb Bara, but is amazing in range setups for counter hits.

Miyako I'd argue is a pretty good match since she's at such a short range with limited damage scope. However if your opponent can crazy shield through a super jump, that's a different story.

I'd also argue a good matchup for Aoko would be Kouma as well, given the movement range of Kouma and the speed of his movements.

~Chun

Qaenyin:

--- Quote from: Chun on November 01, 2007, 02:36:59 AM ---
--- Quote from: Nevan on October 30, 2007, 09:15:31 AM ---I found the little flee Miyako very annoying :S

--- End quote ---

From my experience,

I think Aoko has trouble with Nero if he's up close, Sion, a bit of Ciel and Nekos. She has some limited options against advanced necos because of their height/hitbox (You need a EX orb to be able to reach them, or start a 6A, I believe) and when playing Nero Aoko just doesn't have much to wake up out of the mess of stuff (Backdash short). Ciel is slightly annoying if not for the EX Hiero during cool down of orb placement. A good Sion can annoy the hell out of you in corner pressure and Aoko's limited options take too long to suffice, due to gun ranging, thread grabs, etc.

Miss Aozaki isn't very good at close range pressure (Recieving), save for the 623 wakeup EX, or perhaps an Orb Bara, but is amazing in range setups for counter hits.

Miyako I'd argue is a pretty good match since she's at such a short range with limited damage scope. However if your opponent can crazy shield through a super jump, that's a different story.

I'd also argue a good matchup for Aoko would be Kouma as well, given the movement range of Kouma and the speed of his movements.

~Chun

--- End quote ---

Actually EX orb doesnt work either.  I had Zar 4C me right under one and nothing happened.  can walk right under them too.

ikeTATARI:

--- Quote from: Chun on November 01, 2007, 02:36:59 AM ---

--- End quote ---

From my experience,

~Chun

--- End quote ---

The problem for Aoko I've found on the Miyako side is that Miyako's dodge can be used to punish most, if not all, of her frame traps. This means all her blockstrings lose that edge of her ridiculously good frame traps, since someone who is paying attention at the other end can pretty easily dodge out of all of them and punish.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version