When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nothing But Blue Skies Ahead :: **Join the Blue-kkake Circle Now! (18+)**  (Read 45576 times)

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
Are you prepared to do something along the lines of this?

No, but that's the point of joining.  So I can learn to do that sort of stuff!
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
Not even one day later after starting this class, I can do basic orb loop.  woo!  This class works!   :teach:
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Haha, thanks Lin. I was kinda surprised how fast you picked up the orb loop. Most ppl lack the dexterity or have to condition themselves a bit longer before being able to understand how it works/how to exe it. But i guess since you play a variety of chars you have more confidence and understanding of the chars in general.........that and my instructions are gdlk   :fap:. Thanks for listening though. You still have to get down that airdash variation of the orb though! (214c>airdash>j.a j.b>etc.).

Benkyou~, soshite renshu~
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
my instructions are gdlk   :fap:.
Benkyou~, soshite renshu~

Repeated for emphasis.
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Light_Nazgul

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • yum
    • View Profile
I like the sound of this. Endless opportunities await.

Offline oufan

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Hello , i'm a french Aoko player.
I'm pretty interested in this community so i'm asking if i can join you all ?

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
I've only been part of this community and played the game for 3 weeks now.
Just a quick question, Z;
Are you the Aoko player I watched casual with HeartNana's Sion for awhile at NEC?
Tall-ish, sorta lanky, short hair, playing on the left side?

Because shit, if that was you,
just know that watching you play him is what made me pick up this game in the first place.

Aoko is/was my main, but since I couldn't find anyone or any way to help me improve with her, I moved onto another character I want to learn, Asuka Langley Sohryu Sacchin.

But this sounds like it would benefit me greatly, if you're willing to put time into a scrub like me.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
I've only been part of this community and played the game for 3 weeks now.
Just a quick question, Z;
Are you the Aoko player I watched casual with HeartNana's Sion for awhile at NEC?
Tall-ish, sorta lanky, short hair, playing on the left side?

Because shit, if that was you,
just know that watching you play him is what made me pick up this game in the first place.

Aoko is/was my main, but since I couldn't find anyone or any way to help me improve with her, I moved onto another character I want to learn, Asuka Langley Sohryu Sacchin.

But this sounds like it would benefit me greatly, if you're willing to put time into a scrub like me.

Hmmmm well I did play a few casual sets w/ <37 sometime before the event started. I do recall being on the left side, yes. I am rather lanky. I have a shaved head - practically bald (short hair?) and I'm usually donning my Aoko cap w/ matching keychain and a bandanna on my head or around my neck.

Hmmmm I also play default Aoko color (blue jeans, red hair)....I guess that could have been me.  :-\

Well, even if it wasn't me, the channel would probably be a good start for learning aoko and there's also a recent tutorial xenozip developed that you can find in this forum as well. So far, the channel has a fair number of intermediate to advanced players so I'm sure one of us can help you out and get you started.

Request a pm for the hook up.  8)

(NJ mb players are coming out of nowhere now  :psyduck:)
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
I'm almost sure it was you.
I sat there watching Rob get massacred, wondering what those orbs were doing.
Wondering why the left side char had 3 air jumps and 2 airdashes.
Thinking that watching Aoko hit someone was so god damn RAW.

I went up and asked inbetween one of your matches "Who's the best character in the game", to be answered by Rob "Sion".
But from what I could see, he was getting obliterated.
Being that I'm not new to top-level fighting games, I could tell the difference in ability.

White. Shaved head. Sorta lanky. Beast Aoko.
Anyone else fit that description?
PM me with the hookup.

Offline Nishiki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hello, I just joined the thread today, but i've been playing Aoko for about a good year now. I've been watching Zar's videos and coming up with my own strategies that may word on avid players, but truly good players not so much lol. Though that's not what i'm writing for, I own a mac computer so I can't get mIRC, so how else can I get into the Magic Gunners school?
"A lost prophet.."

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
@ Kid.D

Hmmm I wouldn't be so quick to put off Rob's abilities so easily. For someone that played MB semi-casually in Japan for a brief period of time and went on hiatus for god knows how long, he's far more competent than a good amount of the serious MB players at the moment. (Just goes to show you how strong Japan's MB scene is even a yr ago  :emo:). He also has no comp in his area but still manages to give me a hard time when he gets pressure going. Keep in mind that those victories were not in any way free for me.

As for 'best char in the game', yes the majority of US players agree to it that Sion is pretty 'up there'. But tiers don't say much for MB because the 'better player' usually tends to win more in an extensive set (although counter matches exist which can be annoying but still winnable if played smart).

p.s. I'm not white/caucasian   :-\

@ Nishiki

...Yet another Jersey player. Playing Blue for a year? Where have you been hiding? I'm guessing that you haven't gone to many events for mb? If you have a community of players I would encourage you to post in the Regional Forum to let others know of your existence.

http://www.ircreviews.org/clients/platforms-macos.html <--- Grab one of these and expect a PM soon.

Offline Nishiki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Yeah, I haven't lol, but I was there when you were at Web2zone on March 10th lol. I also how can I get Melty Blood Ver B on my computer, also remember my comp is a Mac so meh it'll probably be tough.
"A lost prophet.."

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
I recommend X-Chat Aqua. Also, last time I checked, running MBAC under Mac OS was not too fun (even when using virtualization).

I wish you luck in your Aoko journey. I suck balls, so I'd probably annoy the hell out of everyone, haha.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Nishiki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help. ^^
"A lost prophet.."

Offline Diar

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Interested in joining your Aoko community and wanted to know what irc channel everyone is in and also I am still new to MeltyBlood. How do you guys play on Mbcaster  ???

Offline Nishiki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I really don't mind if it sucks on mac, I just want to have it. I mean I have Ps2 act cadenza, don't know how good that is to practice in, also with actress again coming out. Could I possibly have a link so I can download it for the Mac? Thanks for the help. ^^
"A lost prophet.."

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
I really don't mind if it sucks on mac, I just want to have it. I mean I have Ps2 act cadenza, don't know how good that is to practice in, also with actress again coming out. Could I possibly have a link so I can download it for the Mac? Thanks for the help. ^^
The PS2 version is a relic, some characters have gotten serious changes and hitstop changes drastically mess with your execution.

MBAC is not officially supported on the Mac, can't you use Boot Camp or something?
thundering waterfalls

Offline Nishiki

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
I maybe able to get it, i'll keep ya posted.
"A lost prophet.."

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
Zar is it alright if I throw an Aoko-playing EU I know your way?
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Aoko playing EU here, too. Though she's not that popular amongst the MBAC players here.
But I like her, she used to be my main, then I switched to Kouma. But I'm training to get good with her. Jesus, her orbs are deadly.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
Zar is it alright if I throw an Aoko-playing EU I know your way?
I'm guessing that you're referring to Fabro Rowan here?

@Farbro & Diar
Invites coming your way tonight, guys. A few ppl in the chan can help you w/ your mbcaster issue, Diar.

@Nishiki
How's that Melty Blood issue coming along? When you get situated, let me know via PM.

@Keith
Dude, it's ok if you "suck balls" (hopefully not literally...not that there's anything wrong w/ that  :-X). If you have an interest in learning more about Aoko then I have the patience. There are some other experienced Aoko players in the channel as well that may be able to help you find what you seek.  :mystery:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

From Jan 16th - Jan 24th I will be absent from the internets which will inevitably leave me unable to attend meets and sessions in the Aoko Channel. I will also be unable to send out invites or read PM's but feel free to PM me or ask questions in the thread during my absence so that I may respond promptly upon my return.

To the channel n00beez that arrive in the chan while I'm not there, please feel free to acquaint yourselves with your other Aoko brethren.

I plan to kick things into second gear in the channel when I come back. I feel that I have not involved myself w/ the other members enough so I must make up for it. I intend to pester Jeffrey Manson into showing up in the chan (cus he's cool like that  8) ) and get him to chat l33t Aoko strats w/ the other members. Also, I will encourage other members to start viewing and posting links of their favorite Aoko players/matches so that we can engage in discussion and analysis to better our understanding of Ms. Blue.

To those that I've been "training", keep practicing while I'm gone plz  ;D. Expect sum testseses when I come back.

~ZtB

:prinny: <--- wtf is this?

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
That right there is a Prinny.

Taken from Wikipedia:
Prinnies are a fictional race of creatures in Nippon Ichi's turn based strategy RPGs. They are usually found in the various realms of the company's numerous strategy games, making their first appearance in Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.

A prinny resembles a small, usually blue, pouch-wearing penguin with disproportionately small bat wings and two peg legs where feet would normally be. When thrown, it explodes on impact. A common trait of the prinnies is their upbeat attitude and frequent use of the word "dood" (as an interjection - they constantly end their sentences with "-ssu" in the Japanese dialogue).

So, I'm down for this Aoko training. Count me in. I already sub her (KohaHisu takes the main spot. It's just too damn easy/fun to dish out damage with broom rape), so maybe with some effort, I can actually do decent/awesome stuff with her.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 04:57:51 PM by Keith »
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline Ryongi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Rawr, I'm pretty much a newb in this game but someone happened to find my practice video and sent a message. So yea, on which IRC channel are you guys hanging in exactly? It would be interesting to talk about gameplay stuff and such.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• Knight Magus
    • View Profile
Hmmm, I should have probably mentioned that I'm back....(I'm sure ppl knew this already, so whatever)

Anyway. Hey Ryongi, that was me that sent the youtube mail (darkdrizzle) informing you about the Aoko-onrii online community we've just established. Saw your practice vid and figured you were just starting out with Aoko. I'll probably be guiding you the most but a few of the other players (actually most now) can help you to understand the basic mechanics of Aoko while I'm not around. Eventually, you'll progress to the more complex and fun stuff so that you can try out on your friends!  8)

So expect a pm w/ more info soon and drop by whenever you can. You may want to make time for this weekend cus....we may just have a "saplaizu guesto" around that time.  :mystery:

**I plan to have a new vid up on the wknd (throw oki/otg stuff) and I'll be working on another (ex orb stuff) in the following wk. Don't expect anything amazing though. Just want to generate and share some ideas using the things I've been messing around with on training mode.

Edit:

:prinny:

Offline Xkun01

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • "K THX"
    • View Profile
Zar! One day I gotta fight you. That Aoko too cool.
"I play ALL the Sacchins"