hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Instant Bara-Cancel  (Read 3321 times)

Offline Surdan

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Instant Bara-Cancel
« on: April 07, 2009, 08:39:59 AM »
Uhm, hey, yeah. This is my first post here, but I've been lurking for a while, reading most the stuff S-Blade's got, its real useful. Helped my Kouma out a bunch.

Anyway, I wanted to post something I discovered last night. I dunno if this is just a gimmick, or something that could be useful. Either way I wanted to see what you guys thought.

So the basic idea is this. If you buffer the 214 movement for the bara cancel, and then hold four, you can bara cancel on the first frame of hitstop of any attack. That means if you use the 214A command grab, you can grab pretty much any ground normal or ground special. I tested this with several different attacks and it seems to work each time. You can even grab out of EX's, if you time it right.

Some stuff I tested it with, Akiha's dash attack special(normal and EX), Kohaku's Iaido slash, Arcueids 236 moves, you can even grab out of Sion's Etherlight Ground if yer slightly more then half way down the length of it.

The key point here is, if you practiced this, you could utilize it to punish some really random crap. Dash in, buffer it and block, and it's pretty much a guaranteed grab. Only trouble is, the timing is a tad tricky, I think it's even tighter then a normal bunker cancel.

Anyway, tell me what you guys think. Is this just a gimmick? Or is it a viable tool?

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Instant Bara-Cancel
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:05:47 AM »
Any tip to neutralize kohaku is aprecciated :teach:
Argentina MB fighter