When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Kouma Kishima

MBAC: Kouma Matchup Thread

(1/4) > >>

rashreflection:
Well, with S-Blade taking care of the general stuff, I figured we needed a thread for the more specific problems people may have!

I played Kouma against someone else for the first time last night, and was finding V.Akiha kinda annoying.  With the way her air game works, I can't land 2B almost ever; I've actually had more success fishing for CH j.B, but that can be risky with her hair and all.  It's frustrating being forced to block and get stuck in her offense when she goes airborne...I'm guessing shield is the best answer here?  And when I do shield, I can't get anti-air 5A sometimes - can I get a 2A combo when she lands?

Thanks,
Josh.

S-Blade:
for Akiha and V.Akiha flametongue, it depends where she's doing it. if she's doing it high up in the air, it's best to just dash under and 2b->whatever/improv when she falls. if she's doing it to run away, it's usually best to just let her run away. your game only gets stronger in the corner. if you can anticipate the jump before she flametongues, you can 623b it sometimes since it can be faster than jumping up and 2Bing at farther distances, but if you want to hit her, jumping up for j.b is usually your best bet. now, if she's tigerkneeing it or otherwise doing it close enough for the ground it becomes a lot harder to deal with. your only options would be 1. shield it into 236b (or 623a/b if she's a bit higher), or 2. block. the problem with option 1 is that if you get blocked you're in for a world of hurt. but the one thing i would never ever do against flametongue is poke with a normal. her 2c is too good. even if i ex-shielded the flametongue, i would rather cancel it into 236b (b/c of superarmor).

Nevan:
Aka Akiha is sure a pain in the ass, since Kouma's biggest weak point is the air game its not worth do airbourne, she has double dash and very fast. When i fight against an Aka Akiha i stay on the ground using 22A/B to get out of the corner, then comboing, or trying :p, and corner xD Kouma's very nice for heavy pressure ;)

A nice match is Kouma Vs Nero, god! never used so much shield/ex-shield in a match, its a match where u hav to deal the much dmg possible in a combo, then its dodge, defend and shield. 22B is very very handy against Nero, well at least this is how i do it :P

Kamina:
In the case of Ciel's EX Knives, is it possible to bara super jump 'em, or will I just have to take the hit??

Nevan:
Dunno m8...never try that tbh : \  :mystery:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version