hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: serious MBAC Neco-Arc thread  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
serious MBAC Neco-Arc thread
« on: July 28, 2009, 02:32:11 AM »
ok, before i start watching and reading more AA videos and combos, i'm trying to get past the survival mode in PS2 MBAC with neco-arc, but it's impossible, whathever i get to Wlen, she kicks my ass in 10 seconds

any neco strategies/suggestions or complex BnB's for damage? it's the CPU and it's fairly easy i know, but neco is unbalanced and broken in that version, and i must unlock neco-chaos for my sake
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
Re: serious MBAC Neco-Arc thread
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 10:01:24 PM »
Combing with Neco Arc can be hard becuase of her short range.  However, she hits decently hard, and her j.2C can be painful.  All damage is no counters on W.Len.

2abc 5c j.abc j.abc airthrow.  3847 damage. 83.5% meter.  You can't do much off of airthrow, so this kind of sucks.

2abc 5c j.abc dj.abc2c.  3799 damage. 86.5% meter.  Techable, but if they don't tech...
Midscreen: land, 236B.  A bit more damage and meter.  4094 damage, 89.5% meter.  Looks cool when they fly into the beam.
Corner: jump up again and hit them with an aircombo.  Do whatever followups you like.  Can break 5000 damage.

2abc 5c j.bc dj.bc 236C.  3680 damage.  Gives you oki.  Yay, oki.  Maybe you can OTG but Neco Arc is awful at OTG.  You can do j.abc dj.abc but it's hard, and only like 80 extra damage.  Try it if you want.

Combos with Neco Arc are far easier if they start with 2B.  Keep that in mind.

If for whatever reason you hit with 5B on a standing opponent:

5B j.C dj.BC follow up.  You need to delay that first j.C a lot.  If you do an airthrow, do dj.ABC so you don't rebeat.

6ABC uses the 5B to launch, so treat that as a 5B combo.  Jump straight up midscreen or you will go under the enemy and that really isn't good for you unless you are doing all sorts of crossunder swapside shenanigans with j.B, which only work sometimes and not overly reliably.  Seriously, just jump straight up.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Van_Artic

• Vigilant White
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Haters Gonna Hate
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube page
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 01:22:14 AM »
thanks i'll try that up, i didn't remembered the j.2c, now i can get more damage

the problem is that neco is WEAK, and the CPU is dumb, so everytime i don't know what to do when they reach me, i try to get away with 214a/b/c, and in midair it's painful, if you crossup with them, what's the first thing they do? they airthrow, that sucks.

anyway, 2abc 5c j.abc j.ab 214b/c, how about this?

i also noticed that with certain characters, (Kouma, the only one who comes in mind now) 2abc 5c won't work if i don't delay the 5c, that is quite frustrating

edit: i tried all you suggested, and it works, got past survival with neco 3 times! +heat for you  :V
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 06:05:02 AM by Van_Artic »
<Zelretch> i would pay for a Kouma bedsheet
<Zelretch> seriously i wouldnt mind sleeping with PURE MASCULINITY

<ehrik> does ckouma have any hype combos <setrajonas> 2aaa <ehrik> damn that combo <ehrik> is too hard <ehrik> do you have anything easier

Offline Kurii

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:33:50 PM »
Nanaya j.c 5c 236C
To Neco Arc: 4899
To VAkiha: 5155
To Akiha: 4221

Nanaya 2abc 5c j.b j.c dj.b dj.c airthrow
To Neco Arc: 4098
To VAkiha: 4043
To Akiha: 3383

When playing NA a lot, you'll notice you start whiffing ALOT of her normals in mid-combo. Sometimes 2b will push them too far and you can't connect with 2c. Sometimes you have to delay 5c after 2c depending on the hitbox. She has no air mobility. If you jump to attack someone and they walk forward a little, there's not much you can do to keep pressure. You'll get outpoked by most melee zoning attacks and eat a lot of tick throws. What bugs me the most is that she glitches in a blocking animation when crouching if someone attacks. Even though the attack doesn't hit, she can't use 2a while glitched. You can do 2b, but it comes out slower and have longer startup.

But it's fun beating people with her. Bottom tier ftw.
My MBAC Videos