hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NAC's BnB  (Read 4384 times)

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
NAC's BnB
« on: July 29, 2007, 08:57:34 PM »
With the topic being discussed in the IRC room, I thought it'd be good to make a topic on it seeing as how we'll need to have it somewhere for reference. Basically just post what you've been using for a bnb and help find what his best combo would be.

What I've been using is: 2bc j.bc j.bc 214b

You're canceling on the first hit for 2b, and with both jump C, you let all four hits connect if your opponent in sammiched between a wall, otherwise just let three hits connect or else they'll be wallslammed aka not in your range. If you've got meter, then you can 214c, but don't follow up 214b with 214c because damage gets raped and you'll probably only get 100 more damage off of it.

My combo does around 3.1k, but I remember somebody posting one that does 4.8k. I can't remember it though.
215-218-8244

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Re: NAC's BnB
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:02:05 PM »
Edit: Whoops, didn't realize Neco Chaos isn't a regular Neco Arc clone anymore. Only combo I know that does over 3.5k is her blood heat arc drive.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 01:05:20 PM by Alt »

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »
Misconception:Neco Arc Chaos is actually a guy.  Or, if you want the game description, Gender:.......what.......?

Jokes aside, some random notes I've taken while experimenting with him.(note, all combos tested on nanaya, your damage/ease of connecting may vary)

Note:In every combo containing a j.214B, j.214C may be substituted in for additional damage if you have the circuit.  If a combo is attempted outside of a corner, cancel j.C on the third hit to prevent wallslam knocking them out of range.  Damage is listed as (midscreen damage - corner damage) to save space, midscreen being if you cancel j.C on the third hit, corner if you cancel on the fourth hit and wallslam.

2ABC (jc) j.BC (jc) j.C j.214B: deals 3000 - 3200 damage

BE 5B 2C (jc) j.C (jc) j.C j.214B: deals 3000 - 3200 damage

BE 5C 2C (jc) j.C(4 hits) (jc) j.C j.214B: deals 2600-2800 damage

6C (jc) j.C (jc) j.BC j.214B: 2900-3700 damage(note:cant use j.B in the airstring unless in corner)

Extra stuff:
41236C Arc Drive allows for a relaunch via 2B 2C into an aircombo for a bit of extra damage.

623C will heal the target it hits, rather than do damage.  Also, the Dizzy effect only occurs if the first hit of the attack hits the opponent(even if the rest of the attack doesn't).

Neco Arc Chaos can move both forward and backward while crouching(similar to Len's catwalking). 

Crouch-walking forward will deal(very minor) damage from burning his opponent with his Cigarette, if theyre close enough(good way to halt dashins for throws).  The burn can be comboed off of with 2A, however it adds a huge proration penalty to the combo, so dont expect a lot of damage off of it.

Crouchwalking backward has invulnerability frames, much like other characters' backdashes, however you can cancel attacks out of it.  Gives some options when being pressured in the corner to avoid an attack with it and then counter with a 2A or 2B into a combo, but be careful not to overextend yourself and get knocked out of it(as his 2A is rather slow for a poke and neither his 2A nor 2B have clash frames).

214A/B/C(not-really-clone teleport) is rather pointless for confusing your opponent(as the duplicates are neros, not neco arc chaoses), but 214C is useful for getting out of a corner since its startup and recovery are fairly fast and it places you a long ways away from the corner.  Dont overuse it though since it leaves you open for a moment.

That's all I have for the moment.  If/when netplay for MBAC PC comes out I'll see about getting something more detailed drawn up for those who would like to try playing this character seriously.

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 05:30:34 AM »
6C j.C j.B dj.B j.C 214C, 4297 damage on nanaya.  Requires corner, but NAC can be a quarter screen away or so and still have the full combo work fine.  Can't do it from max 6C range though.