hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Mech&Neco  (Read 6267 times)

Offline ShinShom

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
H-Mech&Neco
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »
I find that team strangely good.

2B, 5C, 5A, 6AA, 2[C], 5B, 6C, jAC, jBC, throw.

However after 2[C] u can too go for 22C Okizeme.
22A is ok and 22B for magic circuit.

and calling neco (22A, B, C) has a clash right when the neco is in front of mech.

Well... just throwing some random thoughs, anything else?
Don't know what Shom is?Learn it NOW! XD

Offline Frustratedsquirrel

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Re: H-Mech&Neco
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:22:54 AM »
Something interesting I found with H-Mech&Neko.

Her EX 214C does a LOT of chip damage and guard damage if blocked while you have your back to a corner. This move drills the opponent and hits their guard many times, and it can be made to do even more if you chase them across the screen. I like to charge 5C on wakeup then cancel into this move. The slight pushback from the 5C allows you to get more hits in. You can then chase the opponent and land a final 2C into her drill super or drill special, though it's not airtight after the last 2C. The nice thing about this is that Mech can retalliate to shield bunkers with ease since she's free to move while she's chasing.

22B is also a very useful move for building heat, since you get a big boost of it if you protect Neko for the duration of her cheering, which with Mech's long limbs is not that difficult to play poking games. You can also use it to goad players into trying to attack Neko and then fish for a counter hit or something.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 11:02:54 PM »
This stuff was all only tested on Nero so it might not be universal.  I'm fairly certain jB instant overhead only works on Nero.

22a setups
- After throwing Nero into the corner, do 5aa whiff then do 22a.   Nero cannot mash/throw/jump on wakeup.  I tested this on Arc and she can do all 3 of those.  You can throw him for 2200 something damage.  EDIT: you can walk a pixel back after throwing other characters and time a 22a to get the same setup.
- In midscreen if you immediately do 22a you can do a left right mixup with dodge that looks REALLY dirty.
- In a blockstring when Nero is in the corner you can do 5a6a 5b 22a if he respects you.  This gives you optimal spacing for instant overhead/low.  Off of instant overhead there is probably some hype j[c] combo because 22a fire is untechable until someone hits the ground but it's kinda hard to do j[c] combos.  2[c] 623a jb jc jb jc does ~3200 damage.  
- 2a whiff(not meaty) 22a will clash with wakeup heat

Unmashable 22b blockstring is 5a6a 2a 5a6a 2b 5c 2c.  The whole blockstring gives you 106 meter and your opponent 11 meter counting the meter they get from a throw.  

Midscreen 22c mixups after throw
- Poke/throw.  Throw nets you 2.3k.  Stagger 2b, 22c hitting, 2c 623a jb jc jb jc does 4.3k.    
- Walk backwards and instant overhead or 2b.  
- You can also use the light that comes up to do an ambiguous left/right mixup with dodge.  
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 05:49:43 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Frustratedsquirrel

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »
Seems H-Mech&Neco is the way to go. The main problem with this character is keeping Neco out of the way of attacks so she'll be available for oki when you score a knockdown.

Another thing you can do in the corner is hit Neco offscreen and then summon her in the middle of a blockstring. The eyebeams/fire shoot out from offscreen behind the opponent. It's gimmicky but one way to make neco useful if she's been thrown offscreen. The problem is just that the summons are so slow.

BTW, that instant overhead j.5B hits a crouching V.Sion, the timing and spacing for it is just very tricky.

2A 2B (2 hits) 5C (2 hits) 6A(whiff)AA 2[c] 6C HJC9 j.5A5C JC9 j.5A5C Airthrow

- 4517 damage on Sion. Do you think there's a better B&B around for her? It's a shame she doesn't have any air finishers.

Edit: By doing a throw during the startup of 22A/B, Mech Hisui will perform a throw break animation with Neco Arc. Possibly good for faking oki or cancelling a botched input?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 07:40:01 PM by Frustratedsquirrel »

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 08:26:41 AM »
Edit: By doing a throw during the startup of 22A/B, Mech Hisui will perform a throw break animation with Neco Arc. Possibly good for faking oki or cancelling a botched input?

Doing this with NAC causes the invulnerability glitch.  I hope this doesn't cause it too.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 10:03:40 AM »
it doesn't make anyone invinc, she can also do it during 214c iirc

Basically just gives her normal throw break invincibility but the startup is too much to be useful lol
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:17:45 PM »
236c is 4.5k-5.5k damage reversal, works the same in all moons.  The only problem is that it has a bit of startup so someone can block right after doing meaty 2a. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love