hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC Neko Mech  (Read 18830 times)

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • What are "joke characters"?
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC Neko Mech
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 05:56:28 AM »
Yeah, I kind of wish j.(C) came out a little faster, because this character seems to be all about the oki and the more ways you can ground an opponent the better, but it's surprisingly easy to get it off from certain counter hit combos, just not in regular combos.

you can also chain 5A6AA into itself twice against some characters if done at the start of a combo, which might make for something good, I dunno. Also, I'm going to start playing around with neko-whacking. You can pretty much get a j.(c) off after a sucessful counter hit off a 6C Nekoball.

I think the difficulty/reward is fair, considering how much more damage you can get with fairly strong mix-up options. Especially when it loops back into itself against everyone aside from Vermillion and Ryougi ( :emo:) easily.

The list of characters 5A6AA works on after launch is in Part 1 of my Necho/Meco/N&M vids. I think it's Tohno, Miyako, White Len, Aoko, and Arc. Either way, you can't j.[C] off of it... on Tohno, since I haven't tested with everyone else. He has the 'best' hitbox out of the group to my understanding, but you never know.

Edit: Also, I noticed you can set up a j.[C], 6C, and 6[C] on Neco after using 22A near the corner. I'm guessing you could use j.[C] to stop jump-outs, but I'm not entirely sure if 6C would be worth using due to its meh recovery.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:58:56 AM by The Katz »
Neko Arc, NAC, and H-Neko Mech. Always up for games.

Offline Frustratedsquirrel

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 06:28:55 AM »
Ok, thanks for testing that.

I guess it's really down to whether or not you want to risk botching that J.(C) for a stronger pre-oki combo. I swear I just cannot for the life of me do those consistantly, which sucks because bouncing people off the floor with a hammer is sexy.

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2012, 06:50:23 AM »
It's pretty hard to do, and somewhat confusing considering how you have to change your jump directions for a number of characters. Like for Nero and Seifuku Akiha, you have to jump forward for the first j.[C] in the corner, then jump back for the second j.[C]. Also, you are forced to do very short ground strings against characters like Sion, otherwise the 6AA will whiff completely even though it works at a medium range against other characters.

The best advice I can think of is to get used to the timing and specifics for the characters you fight against the most and go for the easier/safer combo options against everyone else.

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2012, 07:06:28 AM »
Yeah getting 6AA to hit is the first annoying part of the combo, then getting J.(c) to come out immediately after is even harder since you pretty much have to time it perfectly.

Still, if you botch it up the opponent generally either air techs quite close to you (within 5B range) or gets hit anyway if they don't tech, so maybe it's not so bad.

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 09:15:41 PM »
It's one of those things that'll probably still combo if they don't piano-mash their arcade stick as long as you are close enough to the correct timing. So far I've gotten used to doing it during mix up 'practice' in training, but matches are another story :(

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2012, 04:49:03 AM »
On probably an unnecessary note, I noticed that if you're at a slight distance and cut the ground string in half, the combo becomes worlds easier on most characters due to lack of gravity increase. So, even if the full combo doesn't work on everyone you should be able to go into j.[C] combos by sacrificing a little bit of damage. Either way, if you get a random counter hit during stagger or something you're usually too far away for the full string anyway.  :blah:

Oh, I also found a way to get an extra j.[C] or two in off of mix-up against some characters. It probably would work better after scaring them to respect 22C, but 22C allows you to get the extra hits anyway. Might be able to get this off after random CH 6C's, too?

Ended up going 500-700 more damage depending on how the flame hits.

22A~9j.[C] > 7~j.[C] > 5A (whiff) 6AA > j.[C] > land > 8~(while falling)j.B > j.C > land > j.A j.B > jc j.B j.C > air throw

Sadly starting to look like there's not much incentive to block low aside from not wanting to get thrown into the same situation again. Working out the details later when I have time.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 06:44:14 AM by The Katz »

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 06:01:23 PM »
Distance does seem to be a factor in a lot of her combos. Doing something short into 5A6AA  too close usually ends up bad against a lot of characters because they get clipped off the 5A that's meant to whiff.

Also, for some reason I cannot seem to land J(c) at all in b&b combos against regular Ciel. I've managed to do it on almost everyone except her midscreen and in the corner.

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:09 PM »
Distance does seem to be a factor in a lot of her combos. Doing something short into 5A6AA  too close usually ends up bad against a lot of characters because they get clipped off the 5A that's meant to whiff.

Also, for some reason I cannot seem to land J(c) at all in b&b combos against regular Ciel. I've managed to do it on almost everyone except her midscreen and in the corner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDfPreSPN8

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 08:20:33 PM »
Hmm interesting.

Trying to figure out the problem. I think it's because I was starting with 2A and not 2B? She was the only one really giving me trouble.

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2012, 02:04:52 AM »
Leave 5C out if you start with 2A. 2A > 2B(2) > 2C > 5a6AA works fine most of the time. j.[C] hits her weird, and if it were even possible you need to time it even more perfectly than normal.

Dame shame Neko Flare doesn't stay out for even longer. Combos with 22A launch are <3

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »
Ah, that's good to know. I really have to learn to stop trying to fit everything into a combo.

I've been trying to mess around with 6c neko attack counterhit tricks, but positioning Neko correctly is a lot harder in a practical situation. It's fun after 22A oki though when you know where she's going to end up.

Also, 214C is funny on block because it hits so many times, but does that have any use for anything? Doesn't seem to do a lot of chip or block damage. Now that we have a faster airdash, perhaps it could be easier to chase to the corner.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 07:34:59 PM by Frustratedsquirrel »

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2012, 12:06:50 AM »
If they block 214C it gives you breathing room and potentially momentum if you're heading into the corner, and if they don't block you just get momentum back?

:psyduck:

Honestly, it really just seems like a "What you see is what you get" sort of thing.

Offline Dominic

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • I am a Neco and Mech player. :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2012, 05:18:04 AM »
I posted a tutorial for youtube. Can someone make a review for it? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhiB-wnmik&feature=youtu.be

Offline VanDarkholme

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2012, 09:26:38 AM »
I don't really play this character but I like very much how you focused a lot on pressure/blockstrings in the tutorial. Great job : )

Offline The Katz

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »
I posted a tutorial for youtube. Can someone make a review for it? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IhiB-wnmik&feature=youtu.be

Goes over most of the important things. Now we only need one for F-moon.