hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Mech : Amber Junk Setups & Strats (incomplete)  (Read 10025 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
F-Mech : Amber Junk Setups & Strats (incomplete)
« on: January 17, 2010, 09:35:32 AM »
Basics & Misc. Info

Midscreen BnB
2A*1~3 > 5B > 2B(2) > 2C > 236A > 236C

Standard BnB that knocks opponent into corner regardless of position on the stage. Dash followed by super jump will quickly close the distance and allow for Mech to initiate a high/low/throw wake up game (with multiple variants to delay falling, bait reversals, etc.). The drawbacks are pathetic damage (2-3k) and if Mech is positioned directly in the corner, closing the gap with dash>sj will be impossible; an alternate combo would be best in this situation (*see Round Finisher Combo*).

2A*2 > 5B > 2B(1) > 2C > 6C > 214C > 236B > 236C

More damaging variation to the above combo requiring 200% circuit. Dash>sj to close in is still viable and as with the above combo, Mech cannot follow up with the pursuit if positioned in the immediate corner.

*Meterless Midscreen

Corner
2A*1~2 > 5B > 2B(1) > 2C > 6C > delay214C[4] > 2[C] > 6C > sj8BC > djABC

Very damaging corner combo netting about 5K. Best to use when KO is eminent or in max mode (omit air combo followup for DEATHPILLAR oki)

Round Finisher or Backed in immediate corner Bnb
(2A>5B) > 2B(2) > 5C(3) > 623C

Damaging 100% alternative for when out of 2C>6C>214C range.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fuzzy Guards [4/3/10]

Simple
deep jC > dj9C > IH > jC

(info)

Kouma
Ciel
Sion
Ries
VShi
Wara
Roa (difficult)
Akiha
Warc
VAki
SAki
Nero
Hisui
Koha

Landing Variation
deep jB OR IAD jB > land > j9A

(info)

Shiki
Nanaya
Kouma
Ciel
Sion
Ries
VShi
Wara
Roa
Akiha
Arc
Warc
VAki
SAki
Nero
Hisui
Koha

Advanced
jC# > dj > airdash > jA

(info) #

Aoko
Shiki
Nanaya
Kouma
Ciel
Sion
Ries
VShi
Wara
Roa
Akiha
Arc
Warc
VAki
SAki
Satsuki
Len
WLen
Nero
Hisui
Koha

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Throw & Dash Under [4/3/10]
(info)

Aoko
Shiki
Nanaya

DEATHPILLAR (22C)

How to set this up:

Corner only
1) Throw > 22C

2) 2A*1~2 > 5B > 2B(1~2) > 2C > 6C > delay214C[4] > dash > 22C

(H) = Hit
(G) = Guard
(R) = Reversal
(S) = Shield Bunker

Pulse1 Hit Confirm Option
Pulse1(H) > jC > 5B > j8AC or j8BC > sdj[C]

High Option
Pulse1(G) > jC > 5B > 2B(2) > 5C(3) > j8 > Pulse2(H) > jd9[C]

Guarding Sequence
Opener attempt(G) > Pulse2(G) > dash > 2A > 5B > 2B(1) > 5C(3) > Pulse3(G) > dash > 2A > any string ender

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low Option [4/2/10]
Pulse1(G) > j9 > land > 2A*3 > 2B(2) > 5C(1-2) > j8 > Pulse2(H) > dj9[C]

Using Pulse1 to mask your action, strike low after an empty jump in. 2A*3>2B(2)>5C string will synchronize with Pulse2 and launch. When the 5C hit is confirmed, jump cancel from the 2nd or 3rd hit. At this point you jump just before Pulse2 hits then dj9 (or sdj) with the launched target and strike with j[C] (Untechable down). After landing, Pulse3 will begin and hit meaty on their wake up. At this point, upon landing, you can sj9 in and attempt another hi/lo/throw/reversal bait mixup. Sj9 slightly after landing will allow for a deep jump in (e.g. jC) and sj9 exactly on landing will allow for reversal bait (i.e. landing just before the opponent fully stands to reversal). Mix in late air dash to feint lows or whiff a follow up attack and throw.

High Option Alternative #1 (Delayed Descent) [4/2/10]
Pulse1(G) > j9 > late airdash (j6A+B) > jB > 2B(2) > 5C(3) > j8 > Pulse2(H) > dj9[C]

Once the opponent has adapted to guarding the landing low variation, the delayed descent options becomes viable. Perform j9 immediately upon recovery of 22C then as late as possible perform a late airdash (using [6]A+B produces the better results than 66 IMO). As early as possible in the airdash, strike with jB then proceed with the ground string. The sequence will again synch with Pulse2 and launch in which you prepare to jump and pursue with j8>dj9[C] to force a down. Pulse3 again will strike meaty allowing for further mixup.

Why does late airdash>jB work: by reflex, most players will watch for the opponent's positioning in the air then prepare to quickly guard an oncoming air attack followed by the usual low for confirmation or pressure. By using the late air dash at the time period when a character should normally land, the defender's timing against a followup can become obscured and cause them to guard low out of anticipation of the standard jumping high or empty>land>attack low sequence. (This is a technique common to F-Aoko Blue Fire [214C] mixup)

High Option Alternative #2 (Advanced Fuzzy Guard)
Pulse1(G) > jC(G) > dj > airdash > late jB(G) > land > jA > Pulse2(H) >dj8[C]

Opponent guards Pulse1>jC. Full Moon style is unable to airdash from jumping normals and instead must use dj>airdash to emulate the movement. There is emphasis on late>jB because it's relevant to synchronizing with with Pulse2. Mech must "hover" briefly then strike with jB just before landing from a near complete airdash (too late and jB will whiff). After jB is guarded, an immediate jA on landing will produce a fuzzy guard (hit must be high guarded). Pulse2 hits directly after in which you should already be starting dj8[C] from the fuzzy hit. This is probably the least damaging variation of all DEATHPILLAR mixups but is likely the most difficult to guard successfully. Also, not all chars can be hit by the jA fuzzy hit (*I'm almost certain about this lol)

Throw Option
Pulse1(G) > jC(G) > dj > airdash > J[C](whiff) > Throw > Pulse2(H) > j8(hold 8 during throw) > sdj >*

jC>dj>airdash>j[C] will whiff and allow Mech to land then throw. Pulse2 hits during the throw, adding a bit more damage for your efforts. Hold j8 as the throw is being performed then sdj to synch an attack with Pulse3. Pulse3 will somewhat mask Mech's position, hit meaty and allow for hi/lo/late airdash>attack or throw/reversal bait option.

Throw Option Alternative
Pulse1(G) > jC(G) > dj > airdash > jB > 2A > 5C(1-2) > j8 > Pulse2(H) > dj9[C]

Players that have adjusted to seeing the above sequence may preemptively mash out in an attempt to stop a potential throw. The jC>airdash>jB sequence is used specifically to counter this. The result will be a CH hit or against faster A attacks, an armored hit which you can still followup from. In the landing sequence 2A>5C the 5C must be jump canceled a bit earlier than usual (no later than 2nd hit) in order to synch with Pulse2 properly.

DP & Bunker Safe Option [4/2/10]
Low Option                        --Pulse1(G) > j9 > dj9 > land > 2A > 2B(2) > 5C(2-3) > j8 > Pulse2 > dj9[C]

High Option                      -- Pulse1(G) > j9 > dj9 > late airdash > jB > 2A > 5C > j8 > Pulse2> dj9[C]

High Option Alternative -- Pulse1(G) > j9 > dj9 > deep jB > 2B(2) > 5C(3) > j8 > Pulse2 > dj9[C]

** j9 > dj9 > pulse1(H) > deep jB > land > jAAB > sdj[C]

*[Obsolete]* [4/2/10]
DP Safe Alternative (**not vs some EX Reversals**)/Low Alternative Option
Outcome #1 (Failed guard)             -- IAD >j[C](whiff) > Pulse1(G) > 2A(H) > 5B > 2B(2) > 5C(3) > j8 > Pulse2(H) > dj9[C]

Outcome #2 (Failed Reverse)         -- IAD > j[C](whiff) > Pulse1(H/R) > 2A > 5B > jBC or jAC > sdj[C]

Outcome #3 (Successful Reverse) -- IAD > j[C](whiff) > Pulse1(R) > (*R is guarded during defensive 2A>5B)

Some of the more "safe" options you may see being used to escape DEATHPILLAR oki are bstep, bunker, and activation but it's likely that if the opponent has a good DP-like reversal (invincible reversal ala dragon punch) to their disposal it will be used more often than not. Fortunately, there's an answer for this that will not only produce a safe jump-in but will also allow you to attack should the opponent fail a reversal or choose not to reversal. After setting 22C you must immediately, while holding [1] (guard), IAD in and j[C] once Mech recovers. If done correctly,
Mech will land with a whiffed attack and the reversal, if successfully executed by the opponent, will be guarded as you attempt to followup with [1]A>[4]B. DEATHPILLAR will be destroyed allowing you to reset the situation again with dash>throw or combo into 6C>delay214C[4].

What if they fail dp execution: When you "auto-pilot" the defensive whiff>land>2A>5B sequence, Pulse1 will hit first and launch then 2A>5B will strike before Pulse1 is able to produce a full launch i.e. an aircombo followup with a guaranteed down becomes possible.

What if I guess wrong and they guard instead: If this situation  occurs, then just continue the sequence that leads to an air-tight guard string. Mech will generate tons of meter in the process.

DEATHGRILL (22B) [4/4/10]

Examples of how to set this up:

Corner Ony (i.e. Opponent in corner with 2C hitting at max range)
1) 2A*1-4 > 5B > 2B(2) > 2C > 236A > 236C > dash > 22B

2) Max range 2B(2) > 2C > 236A > 236C > dash > 22B

(H) = Hit

Throw Option
Dash > Throw > j8(Hold 8 during throw) > sdj >*

Simple throw option. Effective versus turtle play. After landing throw immediately hold 8 and watch for the jump then sdj just before reaching the jump peak. This will allow Mech to synchronize with the bomb detonation and initiate a high/low follow up attempt using land>2a OR deep jB/C OR late airdash>jB.

Throw Option Alternative
Dash > 5C meaty > 2A > 5B > 2B(2) > 2C > j8 > sdj >*

Will counter mash or jump attempt in anticipation of throw. 5C yields enough advantage to link 2A and continue with the remainder of the string. Ending with 2C>j8>sdj will again allow for a high/low follow up attempt with the bomb detonating as the opponent stands.

Throw Option Alternative w/ Meter
Dash > 5C meaty > 2A > 5B > 2B(1) > 623A > 623C > Bomb(H) > sj9C > jBC > airthrow

An EX variation to the above meaty setup that will synchronize with the detonation when 623C ends and allow for aerial combo follow up. Average damage nets 5k.

IAD Option
IAD > jB > 2A > 5B > 2B(2) > 5C(1-2) > 623C > Bomb(H) > sj9C > djBC > airthrow

Instant Air Dash then jB as the opponent is standing to stuff a wake up jump out or mash attempt.

IAD Low Alternative
IAD > j[C](whiff) > 2A > 5B >2B(2) > 5C(3) > 623C > Bomb(H) > sj9C > djBC > airthrow

The BEJC will feint a high attack allowing for a low to be sneaked in should the opponent be too slow to react with a low guard. This setup is fairly easy to beat with throw reversal.

IAD Throw Alternative
IAD > j[C](whiff) > land > throw > j8(hold 8 during throw) > sdj >*

Against players who can react to a whiff then low attack in time, jC whiff then throw becomes viable. Much like the other grill setups involving throw, you will want to jump neutral then super double jump to synch with the detonation. This setup in particular will allow for a second throw upon landing from the sdj. The throw and detonation will be nearly simultaneous and allow Mech to score big damage as a result (average 2.5k). It's also possible to instead land from sdj and combo into the detonation using 2A (low option) OR mix in a delayed, descending jB (late airdash>jB) to counter a throwbreak attempt/low guard OR simply land and backstep/guard to counter reversal attempts.

Delayed Descent Option
IAD > late JB > 2A*3 > 5B > 2B(2) > 2C > 236A > Bomb(H) >sj9B > sdjBC > airthrow

This setup becomes useful against players who standing throw break on reaction to Mech's IAD. Choosing to remain in the air a bit longer by attacking with jB later will allow you to linger above a throw break attempt and punish near the airdash descending point.

Simple Meaty Option w/ Meter (close)
2[C] > 6C > delay214C[4] > 2[C] > 236A > Bomb(H) > sj9B > djBC > airthrow

This setup is designed to stuff wakeup jump or mash attempts. However, it is extremely difficult to confirm from the 2[C] hit. Only use this when you're absolutely certain the opponent will attempt a jump/mash otherwise the 6C followup will whiff and leave you open for a bit. It is possible to confirm to 6C from the 2[C] hit but this takes much practice. The other meaty setups listed above are a bit more consistent and demand less execution (this one just looks pretty though  :toot:).
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:42:18 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
Re: F-Mech Amber Junk Setups & Strats (incomplete)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 02:33:33 PM »
Zar you better not be abandoning us Aoko faithfuls.. :'(
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline louisng114

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 10:56:50 AM »
Hisui means jade, not amber.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 11:53:50 AM »
Hisui means jade, not amber.
Wow, it's a good thing I ALREADY KNEW THAT. Thanks for the jappo lesson, noob. Mech Hisui's 22 commands are called Amber Junk btw (Probably named after her designer, Kohaku [this means AMBERRRRRR...asshole], who invents a lot of other mad-science stuff on the side).

P.s. your post was very relevant...

@u mad?
...cough

I'll post details on the setups whenever I feel like it. Until then, try it out (when you all stop watching nico/youtube) and post any ideas, thoughts or improvements you may have. If anyone decides to compile a vid for this stuff, you better credit me, dammit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:45:32 PM by FATALPILLAR! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Ceehill

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 01:51:58 PM »
F-Mech is pretty cool.  Her 5C has to be one of my favorite moves in the game with it's ridiculous +frames on block, the fact that it hits low as well just makes me giggle. I've only gotten to use her in casuals a few times, but I'm pretty sure everyone eats the 5C, run up 2B frame trap at least once.

It's just a shame that, AFAIK, she doesn't really have any reliable options for escaping pressure, outside of maybe held shield --> 236D or terrible mash 2A and feel dirty about it afterward.  Just waiting it out is usually an option I guess, since you can just ex block to keep your guard meter safe, but still, any better ideas?

Anyway good stuff Zar, definitely looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 02:11:58 PM »
F-Mech is pretty cool.  Her 5C has to be one of my favorite moves in the game with it's ridiculous +frames on block, the fact that it hits low as well just makes me giggle. I've only gotten to use her in casuals a few times, but I'm pretty sure everyone eats the 5C, run up 2B frame trap at least once.

It's just a shame that, AFAIK, she doesn't really have any reliable options for escaping pressure, outside of maybe held shield --> 236D or terrible mash 2A and feel dirty about it afterward.  Just waiting it out is usually an option I guess, since you can just ex block to keep your guard meter safe, but still, any better ideas?

Anyway good stuff Zar, definitely looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.
Lol Ceehill, you pretty much hit the nail on the head with that post (most likely not with 6C cus that move SUCKS). But yeah- her defensive options are pretty ass. 6C has huge recovery and for some stupid reason is airguardable so even if you get a good read, you won't get much from it. Maneuvering with JB is good but only for coverage directly above her. This will lose often in air-to-air battles if the opponent is on the same height level with you. J7C is good but you have to keep in mind that it's slow as fuck on startup. Again, consider spacing/positioning well. (If only she had C-Mech JB  :fap:). Shielding against pressure (namely jump ins) isn't really my thing but sometimes....you just have to try for it because otherwise you'll get locked down again. I also mash 2A and try for throw often in situations where I wouldn't with any other character (lol desperation). I feel bad about it at first but frowns turn upside down after getting that DEATHPILLAR oki going. I really don't have any good ideas to fend off severe rush other than having godlike reads with zoning and making your knockdowns count. It's kill or be killed with F-mech.

Fortunately, as you mentioned, her 5C (pressure) is very damn solid. She can stuff jump outs and poke outs easily if guarded and should they choose to turtle/shield you can dash>iad or throw or 5C again. F-mech is very "flow charty" when on the offensive which I like very much  ;D.

Dying in 3 mixups isn't fun though =(.

EDIT:
My bad about the random rant/explosion earlier. I was in a 3 1/2hr class I really didn't feel like being in today when typing that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:18:43 PM by FATALPILLAR! »

Offline Ceehill

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 05:57:59 PM »
Haha, I hear you on the point of "kill or be killed".  In a case like this you can only really work with what you're given, and I'd say there are definitely instances where it's worth it to risk a quick 2A or something as opposed to respecting everything and just getting thrown over and over.  To a certain extent, if someone gets mashed/thrown out of a string, then that's the risk of resetting their pressure and they more or less brought it upon themselves by using an unsafe string perhaps a bit too predictably.  Like you said, if you recognize a gap early or get a good read on a predictable opponent, by all means you have to turn those gaps and resets against them.

I was messing around a bit in training mode just now seeing if you can reliably set up the 214A/B overhead since I hadn't gotten a chance to really check that out before. I'm kind of liking strings like 2B 5C 214A from certain ranges, since if they get hit by the overhead, you can hit confirm into 623A 623C (timing is kind of strict though).  It's a pretty slow overhead and I doubt a whole lot of people end up getting hit by it, but it seems to give some considerable +frames from the right distance and might be good to throw in every now and then to keep your opponent from just blocking everything low, or if they start getting too used to you resetting off 5C. I'm sure all of this can be made even safer/more ridiculous working in conjunction with 22C pulses as well.

I tried to follow up the overhead with a 236A 236C and learned that 236X seems to just straight up whiff a lot of crouching characters. Oof.  :-\

And on the subject of moves that shouldn't be air blockable but are...how nice would anti-air 214A/B be? I'd think having a sort of anti-air missile barrage would definitely fit the, uh, theme of F-Mech.  :psyduck:

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 04:25:42 PM »
3/6/09 (Tonight only) 8:30pm EST

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky

I'm doing a special "speedrun tutorial" for F-mech at this very moment. The feature WILL NOT be archived and this is a one time thing so if you miss out...mwhahahaha  >:D

enjoy!

I'll be covering:

Normals
Specials
Strings
BnBs (standard vs "zar-style")
DEATHSETUPS

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 89
  • GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 06:02:27 PM »
So uh, why wouldn't you archive it?

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 08:05:44 PM »
Gonna make a more formal setup vid in a couple of mths. just wanted to COCK TEASE! hopefully I got some 6 odd viewers hype for the char now.

(prolly not though)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Re: F-Mech : Amber Junk Setups & Strats (incomplete)
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 08:18:48 AM »
Made a few updates for the people that want to step up their troll game:

4/2/10

-Revised older DEATHPILLAR follow up strings and added new setup.

4/3/10

-Added Basics & Misc info section.
-Added Fuzzy Guard. Minimal details, just the setups, variations and what characters they will work on placed in convenient categories.
-Added an "interesting" Throw follow up option to the list of Misc. info. No details on uses but will explain later.

4/4/10

-Added description and details to DEATHGRILL setups
-Added one new setup **see Delayed Descent Option

This was originally supposed to be just a setup oriented thread but I've been experimenting more and finding lots of new tools and building on old ones for this character. Who knows, maybe it will morph into a full-fledged wiki-ish page or something - we'll see (...prolly not cus I'm lazy like that).

I was messing around a bit in training mode just now seeing if you can reliably set up the 214A/B overhead since I hadn't gotten a chance to really check that out before. I'm kind of liking strings like 2B 5C 214A from certain ranges, since if they get hit by the overhead, you can hit confirm into 623A 623C (timing is kind of strict though).  It's a pretty slow overhead and I doubt a whole lot of people end up getting hit by it, but it seems to give some considerable +frames from the right distance and might be good to throw in every now and then to keep your opponent from just blocking everything low, or if they start getting too used to you resetting off 5C. I'm sure all of this can be made even safer/more ridiculous working in conjunction with 22C pulses as well.

I tried to follow up the overhead with a 236A 236C and learned that 236X seems to just straight up whiff a lot of crouching characters. Oof.  :-\

And on the subject of moves that shouldn't be air blockable but are...how nice would anti-air 214A/B be? I'd think having a sort of anti-air missile barrage would definitely fit the, uh, theme of F-Mech.  :psyduck:
214s are actually pretty good if you have amber junks to cover you. I typically stay within the 1 to 3 bombs range as these have the best advantage and recovery (4, 5 and 6 bombs will just get you in trouble). Much like how you said, in strings they can be useful as long as you're not too predictable. If the opponent catches on they can start dashing under to punish. Against cornered opponents I sometimes mixup my strings with 5B OR 2B(1-2) OR 5C OR 2C into 214A then keep them in guard stun with a 2B OR 2C back into 214 (or some other special to keep them guessing). If 1 to 3 bombs from 214 hit at anytime you can easily combo into 2B, 2C or like you said 623A and follow up. You don't always have to 5C>214. since 5C is like +6 you can reset strings by dashing in, IAD'ing in OR 2B to keep them put.

214a/b is actually kinda hard to pull off for anti air. Due to it's immense start up you would have to anticipate the opponent's movement and start it up a bit before they in the air. I guess it can be used to some extent for punishing predictable movement post air tech but in the end I'd rather stick to the ALMIGHTY SPIKEBALL (214C). This move is amazing because: 1) It can not be air guarded 2) The recovery is amazing so even if they evade it by shielding or dodging you can counter evade or even retaliate 3) It launches the opponent full screen on hit (Follow up into 236B "otg" for more dmg). Back to zoning 4) It can be canceled into from 236s to cover you if you whiffed horribly when the opponent is hovering above you 5) ...theres an EX flash bug which will freeze the opponent on hit trade and allow you to attack first (CH!) during the super freeze. This is hard as fuck to replicate consistently but it does happen occasionally. Just an added bonus to a pretty godlike (poorly timed) anti air lol.

As for 236s missing crouchers, it would be pretty broken if one were not able to crouch don't you think? lol

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:20:58 AM by ZARtacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 12:35:27 PM »
Ok, yet another fuzzy for you guys to implement (and by "you guys" I mean me).

jC>IH>land>jC

The IH removes hitstop from the JC allowing Mech to move again immediately and for whatever reason, jumping again immediately with JC (upon ascent) will strike the crouching defender overhead (fuzzy blahblah). Tested on Sion and Nero so far but my guess is that this should work on a good amount of the cast.

Setup from DEATHGRILL:

throw/spikeball combo>22C>JC (pulse1 guarded)>dj>airdash>jC>IH>land>jC (fuzzy)>pulse2 (H)>land>214C. . .

Still trying to figure out the best possible followup from the 214C. More tests to run.

New DEATHGRILL setups from throw>22B. Originally thought this would be a good idea running this setup against characters with weak reversal moves. I'm considering on constructing more followups for optimal damage and counter options.

E.g.

throw>22b>j8>di6>jB (hits deep)

OR

throw>22b>j8>di6>land>2a>2b (strike low and stop bstep)

OR

throw>22b>j8>di6>land>throw (vs turtle)

I'm pretty sure there's more sick shit to come up with. May have to dedicate a day of training to this. (It's getting to the point where I'm jumbling mixups in my head and wires are getting crossed lol).  :psyduck:

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:38:23 AM »
One thing F-mech has going for her on Defense is that she wakes up decently fast (certainly not slow).  Running OTG strings against this character is a a bit of a headache, you need to be really spot on.  You could probably get away with a risky ground tech if you do it once in a set.  

« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:43:12 AM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline MrTopHat

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 01:05:10 AM »
Interestingly enough, 236C isn't actually unblockable, it is a low hit that is hardly realized due to it normally being ducked.   :toot:

I've seen it blocked low a bunch of times, I'm not really sure what I'm doing that occasionally brings up that kind of situation, some full screen fuzzy guard? But in any case, it does get blocked low when the hitboxes cross paths.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 03:54:04 PM »
I usually see it blocked when other attacks overlap with the rpg (e.g. random 22 move attack striking at same time or AD>236c). Also, how'd you even find out that it's a low hit? And lastly, I know that for certain 236c is air unblockble (exception again being overlap of attacks).

Offline MrTopHat

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:51 AM »
Sorry if I confused you with my "isn't unblockable" statement, I merely meant the attack itself isn't just an unblockable hit. It is a low hit that is air unblockable (like any other low hit).

It seems the rocket projectile itself doesn't make the hit. Once the rocket projectile touches the defending player, it triggers the rocket to explode and the explosion is the actual damaging part. There is a very small delay after the rocket explodes in which you can switch from high to low block and successfully block the rocket, thus it is a low attack. If the defending player is in blockstun(in the air OR on the ground) however, the rocket doesn't explode at all and no hit is made. What a strange move.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2011, 12:51:47 PM »
A combo update for you:

2A*1~3 > 5B > 2B(2) > 2C > 236A > 236C

Becomes

2A*1~3 > 5B > 5C > 236A > 236C

Which nets around 4.5k, standing opponents only.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 02:06:35 PM by LivingShadow »