hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Lobby Bot on #MBCaster  (Read 7335 times)

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Lobby Bot on #MBCaster
« on: May 25, 2008, 08:34:34 PM »
Changelog ver 2.01:
Nooooo~ My perfect program! Now the version number is so ugly! (゜д゜)
Just kidding.
!host now replaces existing values.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mxytyt9mc5s

Changelog ver 2.0:
!ip now works, complete with correct #.#.#.# format! Finally! The amount of time I spent on this was about equal to the entire rest of the project, so this basically warrants the full version increase. Or something like that.

New lobby commands allow for the sorting of players by status:
!lobby now displays available players first, then players who are already playing.
!openlobby displays only players looking for a game.
!closedlobby displays only those already playing.
Lobby display format looks a little better.
More little bug fixes.

http://www.mediafire.com/?myg1dnzsigj

Changelog ver 1.2:
!reset now has a notification.
!lobby now states "IP - Comment - Opponent's Name."
Lots of bug fixes that occur within a very specific set of parameters, but it's always good to be prepared, right?

Changelog ver 1.1:
!reset added. Use this command after battles to reset both your and your opponent's status.
!lobby command refined, now with the format Name - IP - Comment - Playing. Playing now states whether they are guest or host, who they are playing, and the Host IP.
!ip now actually says your IP. Sorry for my noobiness. No it doesn't.
---
Hi guys~ I recently made a lobby system for use in #MBCaster only, and cannot be used in #MBAC. It stores the names and IPs of people who wish to play, as well as a few other functions. It's not that great, but I hope that it will catch on, so that the process of finding an opponent can be streamlined, at least somewhat. At the very least, there'll be a few !lobby's, instead of a bunch of "ft5" spams.

"!host <IP>" adds you to the list. You can add a comment to the end, and you can type "x" for your IP if you can't host.
"!play <Nick>" informs your opponent that you wish to fight.
To remove your [Playing] status, type !comment.
"!remove" removes your name from the list.
"!lobby" lists all players, available and already fighting.
"!comment <comment>" adds a comment to your name if you are already hosting. Not filling in anything for the <comment> field will remove your comment.
"!ip" will tell you your IP address.

Etiquette says for you to !remove your name from the list if you're going offline. ^^

Again, don't use this in #MBAC or you'll get kick/banned/Oyashiro-sama'd.

I'm open for any suggestions, too!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 10:26:17 PM by Xavori »

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Lobby Bot on #MBCaster
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 08:53:45 AM »
Sweet  ;D

Thanks!

If you don't mind, could you share how you did this so that it can also be implemented in Korean IRC channels? It's perfectly find if you don't want to.

Edit: It doesn't seem to be working, can it not be used yet?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 09:24:11 AM by kimjjo »

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 02:17:29 PM »
Sorry about that. I actually have to be in the chatroom for it to work, and since the computer I had just lying around now runs like a Melty arcade cabinet, I don't have a way to make a 24-hour bot.

I'm a little wary of releasing the code, since having multiple people printing the lobby lists might make it harder to sift through, so it would be nice to designate who to actually have running the script.

But oh well. Sharing is caring.

The code will get old fast as new revisions are made. This version is working, though, but some features aren't in.
;Melty lobby
on *:TEXT:!meltyhelp*:#:{
  /notice $nick $+ , "!host <IP>" adds you to the list. You can add a comment to the end, and you can type "x" for your IP if you can't host.
  /notice $nick $+ , "!play <Nick>" informs your opponent that you wish to fight.
  /notice $nick $+ , "!remove" removes your name from the list.
  /notice $nick $+ , "!lobby" lists all players, available and already fighting.
  /notice $nick $+ , "!comment <comment>" adds a comment to your name if you are already hosting.
  /notice $nick $+ , "!ip" will tell you your IP address.
}
on *:TEXT:!host*:#:{
  if ($readini( melty.ini, $nick, IP ) != [None] && $readini( melty.ini, $nick, IP ) != $null ) {
    /notice $nick $+ , You are already on standby.
    halt
  }
  /notice $nick Registered!
  /writeini melty.ini $nick IP $2
  /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment [None]
  /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment $3-
}
on *:TEXT:!comment*:#:{
  if ($readini( melty.ini, $nick, IP ) == [None] && $readini( melty.ini, $nick, IP ) == $null ) {
    /notice $nick $+ , You are not on standby.
    halt
  }
  /notice $nick Comment added!
  /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment $2-
}
on *:TEXT:!play*:#:{
  if ($readini( melty.ini, $2, IP ) == [None] || $readini( melty.ini, $2, IP ) == $null ) {
    /notice $nick $+ , No one is hosting under that name.
    /writeini melty.ini $nick IP $2
    /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment [Playing]
    halt
  }
  /notice $nick $+ , $2 is hosting at $readini( melty.ini, $2, IP )
  /notice $2 $+ , $nick is trying to connect.
  /writeini melty.ini $nick IP $readini( melty.ini, $2, IP )
  /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment [Playing]
  /writeini melty.ini $2 IP $readini( melty.ini, $2, IP )
  /writeini melty.ini $2 Comment [Playing]
}
on *:TEXT:!remove:#:{
  /notice $nick $+ , Removed from the list.
  /writeini melty.ini $nick IP [None]
  /writeini melty.ini $nick Comment [None]
}
on *:TEXT:!lobby:#:{ /lobby }
alias lobby {
  btrunc temp 0
  var %i = 1
  while ($ini(melty.ini,%i)) {
    var %abc = $v1
    if ($readini( melty.ini, %abc, IP) != [None]) {
      write temp %abc - $readini(melty.ini,%abc,IP) - $readini(melty.ini,%abc,Comment)
    }
    inc %i
  }
  filter -cteuff 2 45 temp temp
  .play -n $nick temp
}
on *:TEXT:!ip*:#:{
  /notice $nick $address
}

I attached it in the form of a .mrc, so just stick it in your folder and load it through the mIRC scripts editor, or just copy and paste it into the Remote script.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 03:40:57 PM by Xavori »

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 05:19:37 PM »
+heat everyday forever :fap:
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 10:35:36 PM »
I'll make an update post on Xavori's behalf.  You won't have to worry about waiting for him to be around to use the MeltyBot anymore, as we've set up a more or less permanent bot to be in there.  Also, please add in any suggestions you might have for it!  We've already talked some and come up with a couple things he'll be adding into the next update. 

Personally, I feel that with the addition of this meltybot, #mbcaster is becoming a much better environment for people looking to score some matches against people.  It makes it so much easier to see who wants to play and what region they're in.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »
I'm back, and so is the MeltyBot!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2008, 05:11:03 AM »
Xavori, my computer kind of exploded and is pretty much fucked for good.  Well, no actual explosions, but it would be much cooler if there were.  I'm basically trying to salvage the data on my harddrive that wasn't backed up right now, since the chance of me being able to actually use it again is rather low.  =\  So yeah, I am definitely going to be unable to host meltybot for a good while.  =<

Sorry man.  Shit couldn't be hitting the fan any harder for me, atm.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 12:29:42 AM »
I'm sorry for reviving this thread, since it's considerably old by now (bit more than a month, to be exact), but the Mediafire links for the bot code don't work anymore. Could anybody be so nice as to repost the latest version, please? I've been thinking of using it elsewhere for Melty and other games purposes, but I'd like to have the very latest version instead of the raw code posted here.

Thank you all very much in advance.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 01:55:44 AM »
I don't have it on me, but the latest version that was posted here should be backed up on my external harddrive.  I'll try and remember to check it tomorrow and rehost it for you.

Xavori, I just want to let you know that I'll have my computer fixed soon (within a weeks time, most likely sooner), so I'll be able to start hosting the bot constantly again.  If you have made any adjustments from the last version posted here, let me know so I can have the most recent version.
---

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2008, 12:49:20 AM »
I don't get it, why don't you guys just run Eggdrop? Much more secure and you can allow others to access it, with the owner's permission of course.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »
Mizuki: :3 'cause I was bored one day.

Loli: Good to see you back! I'm still not back from Taiwan. Iro sez [hi.] I'll upload whatever version I'm running, in case it's different, but her intarweb suxx. [It's true... ;-;] Once I get back, though, I will.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2008, 12:01:41 AM »
=<  Okay, plans delayed.  Turns out my computer had some kind of fucking double whammy break-a-thon.  I've got my new harddrive all shiny and neat and plugged in, and turns out my processor is also owned.  =\  So yeah, guess I won't be back to my usual always on status yet.

I have my external back with the meltybot, and I'll hook it up later tonight and re-host it for anyone who wants.

Hope you're having fun out there in Taiwan, Xavori!  =>
---

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 01:31:25 AM »
Okay, I lied.  I not only forgot to look for the meltybot later that night, but it turns out that I somehow don't have it backed up either.  =\
---

Offline Xavori

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 07:33:12 AM »
At dat airport heading back. ;-; Intarweb is good, but I'm not happy for some reason...

http://www.mediafire.com/?1jgjnlmjbdi