hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Air Combos Question: I'm Stumped.  (Read 3886 times)

Offline frozenbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • cHiLLy3lOOd
    • View Profile
Air Combos Question: I'm Stumped.
« on: February 27, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
ok, i know that the full moon style forces your character to follow the A to B to C format, and nothing else. that's understood.

but as for the crescent and half moons, do crescent and half moon styles for certain characters force you to reverse beat and only reverse beat a full 7 hit airiel combo? and that there is no way possible to follow a A to B to C format regarding button inputs?

for example, using SION TATARI(HALF MOON), i can do:
3C>JC>A>B>C>JC>A>B>C
that's 7 hits and damage is around 2500 give or take.

but when i try to do the same exact combo string for AOZAKI AOKO(CRESCENT MOON), i wiff C.
so i'll go:
3C>JC>A>B>C WIFFS,....THE END ???
C wiffs 100% of the time because her mid air C is a very diagonal kick that is always below the opponent's body.

so i can only surmise that the only way to do a 7 hit air combo with Aoko/crescent moon is to reverse beat the combo. into something like C>B>A i'm guessing.

so, i'm asking you guys(experts),
if certain character/moon combinations make the A>B>C combo impossible to perform due to the character's move that just plain wiffs due to the influence of the moon assigned to that character?

i know that certain character's like Ciel and Ryougi Shiki have harder/different launchers i.e. 2CC(Ciel), 2C>2B(Ryougi) and are more difficult to perform that others.

but does that ALSO mean that character's have different "ESTABLISHED" button input formats for their air combos?
correct me if i'm wrong.
because i'm at a lost here. :mystery:

THANKS IN ADVANCE. 

********************************************************************************

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Re: Air Combos Question: I'm Stumped.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 03:23:03 PM »
Different characters may have different air combos. C-Aoko can jump 3 times.

You'll probably find everything you need about air combos in the characters boards.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 03:40:15 PM »
My take is that you have to treat each Moon as a slightly (or completely) different character that may have different hitboxes.

Using Hisui for example, C-moon's j.B has her Book which hits High, while H/F-Moon's j.B has her Bucket&Rag which hits at her middle.
- With C-Moon, I always have to consider if the opponent is high enough to hit, else the book whiffs above the opponent. If they're too low, I usually add a couple j.A's to compensate.
- With H/F-Moon, I have a bit more ease in landing her j.B. I mainly consider if Bucket&Rag will come out fast enough to hit em since it comes out slower then Book.

As for C/H vs F-moon Hisui, I can generally play C & H moon the same, while F-moon confuses the Hell out of me (EX-Dust vs Ladder, C/H's ...>2C>5C>6C vs F's ...>2C>3CC )

Using another example in Street Fighter: Ryu, Ken, and Akuma, though generally all Shoto's, differ enough that you have to adjust the way you play.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:57:48 PM »
Don't worry about getting all of your hits in.  Typically leaving out A attacks will yield more damage but build less meter but it's character/combo dependent.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
F moon characters usually have the proper positioning after their aircombos to do JBC JABC, but doing two staight up JABC's will almost always make the angle too difficult to finish the aircombo. Adding the A's in the air for F-moon characters doesn't add much damage if at all, and going for JBC JBC airthrow is a completely viable option.

For example, F-Arc usually does JBC then JABC, but if you just do JBC JBC because you feel uncomfortable with the air positioning, it's completely legit. Most characters just do JBC JBC regardless, so there's not that much reason to go for JABC JABC, since you're adding in very slight damage[if at all, with prorate], and making the aircombo that much more difficult, when you should be fishing for airthrows or your aircombo ender more.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline frozenbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • cHiLLy3lOOd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 07:20:04 AM »
Cristu C-Aoko can jump 3 times.
Did not know that.
*checking now in MB's training mode*
Yes, you're right! I never realized.
Now i understand why at a recent gathering of players i saw someone practicing with C-Aoko, and he literally took the air combo all the way to the very top of the stage.
He must have been doing 3 jump cancels then. For a brief moment, I took a look at his hands, and he was hitting A>B>C at one point. Perhaps after his second jump cancel. idk.
Plus, he did a 623C at the end of it.
It was a over 10 hit combo, and an incredible sight to behold. It was inspirational AND intimidating at the same time.
He was GOD among men. A lion among cubs.
just gdlk.
Wish I knew his name, just to mention it.

F moon characters usually have the proper positioning after their aircombos to do JBC JABC, but doing two staight up JABC's will almost always make the angle too difficult to finish the aircombo. Adding the A's in the air for F-moon characters doesn't add much damage if at all, and going for JBC JBC airthrow is a completely viable option.

For example, F-Arc usually does JBC then JABC, but if you just do JBC JBC because you feel uncomfortable with the air positioning, it's completely legit. Most characters just do JBC JBC regardless, so there's not that much reason to go for JABC JABC, since you're adding in very slight damage[if at all, with prorate], and making the aircombo that much more difficult, when you should be fishing for airthrows or your aircombo ender more.

Now that you say that, regarding A's,
I've noticed that if I do 2 straight A's before >B>C, C doesn't wiff. Doing A>A>B>C causes C to catch the opponent, but I was wondering if going down that road technique-wise was a big no no, due to damage scaling. Plus, I'm not sure about this, but I think that doing 2 A's before B and C causes the opponent to get "pushed" away too far to then "catch" the opponent again with an attack after the second jump cancel.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Since, I'm not sure.

If anyone was any more insight or input regarding MB's air combos...please let me know because MB's air combos seem like the pink elephant in the room to me.
Everyone thinks about them, practices them, but no one really talks about them.
Which is sorta weird since they are so hard to pull off compared to air combos in other games.

thanks again everyone for your insight.

********************************************************************************

Offline Espard

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »
10+ Hit combos aren't anything special to behold... they should be quite standard for most of the character cast if you hit off a meaty...
As Cristu said, go check each char specific board to find the most damaging combos, best setups, and other things depending the the guide maker.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 02:46:24 PM »
2C>2B(Ryougi)
Do not use that, it works but it's horrible to hitconfirm.

You should be using:
2c5c
2c5bb
2c2369b
2c22c2c5c
2c22c2c5bb

The aircombo should be j.bc d.j j.bc Airthrow/236b
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 02:47:55 PM by LivingShadow »