When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arcade owner, looking to import / install MB ver. AC B., with questions..  (Read 5230 times)

Offline McMasters

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Hey all, first, please no flames, as there are a few things here that I honestly don't know what I'm talking about. I buy new arcade games for my store, and haven't 'modded' /  built cabinets in a long, long time (I used to work at an arcade in the early 90's).

We currently have an Initial D ver. 3 in the store, and we are buying a ver. 4 later this year. Doing so gives us a few more square feet of space (flatscreen monitors instead of CRT), and my local players are trying to talk me into getting the new Melty Blood AC game (ver. B, I believe).

We currently only have found one seller that'll ship to the US, and it is a 'PCB + Kit' (coinopexpress). We'd have to get our own cabinet, and that has been impossible for us. We can't find any Naomi Universal Cabinets in the US for sale, and other than those, don't know what to do next.

Anyone here with input, or perhaps know someone we could talk to?

-Luke
Store Manager
Hammergirl Anime, Rochester NY

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
just to let you know try getting MBAC ver.B "CE" because that is the latest thing out atm.. so you don't get behind on version if everythign goes well
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Wow, Luke, as in Dub This and Stand Tall Luke?

Man I've been a fan of your comic for years.

I highly doubt you remember me (I was Akari Ichijo;I've only been to your forum a few times to show my appreciate / enjoyment of your comic) but it's awesome that you want to get the game.

As Zaido already mentioned you should be looking out for MBAC ver.B CE, which is the latest version right now.

I had no idea your store was in Rochester either, I used to go to Iona waaaay back, I think it was in that general area, no?

If you get the cabinet I'd definitely stop by, hell I'll get people to come for tournaments easy (transportation willing).

:3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

hdphnz

Whoa, for realz? I used to read Dub This! religiously back in the day.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Autumn = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Contact the people at any of these sites:
http://manjiro.com
http://coin-logic.com (Their site seems to be down at the moment. I don't know if they're gone permanently or if it's just a temporary problem.)
http://www.fillmoregames.com

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
You can get a free upgrade (+ shipping) from Ecole after getting ver.B from Coin Op.

You might want to talk to Andy at Tokyo Game Action to see if he has any spares or sources for Japanese cabinets. Sega Astro/Versus/Blast Cities are fighter-standard, but Namco Cyberleads have some neat options like controller ports. You also have the option of getting the NAOMI JAMMA harness from Coin Op and put it into a US cabinet instead of looking for NAOMI-specific hardware.

http://www.tokyogameaction.com
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline McMasters

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Quick response: yes, I'm that Luke. Glad you liked the comic! ^^ Autumn's haircut actually came from a litte trading figure I had on my desk - three years later, I find out that it was actually Sion!

Back on topic:

I sent Andy a note, no replies yet.

Arlieth -
I think I see what you mean by 'harness', that's cool, I might do that. You mean 'the brackets and whatnot used to proberly hold and connect the Naomi stuff on the inside, but plug into a standar cabinet on the outside', right? I really like the 'Naomi Universal Cabinet', but it is too expensive to get that shipped from coinop (1200$ for shipping alone? bleh.)
Can you please go into details by what you mean as 'fighter-standard' and 'the Cyberlead options'? I promise I'm not just pulling your chain, I'm actually looking into this, and have the money set aside, ready to go if need be. I want to make sure that if we do get this game, we get it right - good controls, correct layout, nice cabinet, etc etc.

HDP -
can you link me to the info on the Ecole upgrade? I'm pretty J-fluent, but not all the way: 4th-6th grade level. Also, if I can get CE direct from them, I'd do that in a heartbeat over coinop.

Alt - I've contacted manjiro, no reply yet - honestly their site looks kinda fly-by-night to throw money at. Sorta like how you can buy a ParaPara Paradise 2 machine from coinop, shipped, for 3750 - with no real warranty, other than you can send it back (1200 more $$!) for a refund. Yikes. Fillmore doesn't seem to do anything but bulk, am I missing something?

Master C -
Yeah, I'm not much of a fighter aficionado - I really like the character design on this one, though! (my fav fighters are Guilty Gear and Rival Schools, for the same reason!). We've got a 'waiting line' on our Initial D machine, and need something to pick up the slack. What better than a fighting game based on an up-and-coming (at least in the US) doujin world? We sell plenty of fate / Tsukihime stuffs in the store already, and even a Shiki Kara no Kyoukai figure, so it'll fit right in.

Futher overall questions - we want it to look sleek and professional, too - not some cobbled-up glorified casemod. Any tips on getting your machine to look right, and not obviously a hackjob?

(back to the comic, sorry it is off topic: Check out my new one, it's a continuation of the story. 'Stand Tall', at 'standtallcomic.com' - I honestly needed it to be just me, so I could use it in a pitch to Tokypop for a new comic. I can't talk about it more than that, though, for legal reasons ^^)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:19:16 PM by McMasters »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Damn.

It would take me like 5 hours to get to you.

>_<
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Alt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
I've contacted manjiro, no reply yet - honestly their site looks kinda fly-by-night to throw money at. Sorta like how you can buy a ParaPara Paradise 2 machine from coinop, shipped, for 3750 - with no real warranty, other than you can send it back (1200 more $$!) for a refund. Yikes. Fillmore doesn't seem to do anything but bulk, am I missing something?
I can't vouch for any of the sites, they're just the arcade machine sites I know about. I figured you'd be able to get some info if you contacted them. Looks like coin-logic is back up now.

Offline McMasters

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Can I get a confirmation on the 'free upgrade to CE'?