hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: best character for a beginner?  (Read 40785 times)

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: best character for a beginner?
« Reply #50 on: March 08, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »
@Sevalle: Because Tier whoring is totally necessary in melty. :V

:teach:

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
I'm starting with H-Roa myself, Decent normals and simple but useful special moves. I'm deciding right now if i should main him. I actually think the electric homo is kinda cool too.

Offline Kiiroe

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:35 PM »
I think you mean the electric PIMP DADDY SON!
They observe me operating my automobile,  They are prejudiced

Offline It is a mystery.

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 10:32:23 PM »
I think you mean the electric PIMP DADDY SON!
That's what i was gonna' put originally....Of course, you are completely right.            +HEAT
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 10:35:12 PM by Shaker »

Offline caiooa

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • aprentice button masher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 03:13:27 PM »
now with her dash completely cancelable, c sachin isn't bad at all. But like nero, she continue to have a specific mechanic(except her half)...so use her don't make one know how to use other's characters. Then, nanaya and tohno continue to be the bests characters for beginners. But, to say the truth, i think it's more important mantain begginers far from c-roa, mechahisui, c-arcueid and kohaku than to apoint a single character.
HellLion:" i don't use windows 7 anymore. Now i use windows 7ya"

"it's not mash, it's triple tap!"

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 06:18:54 PM »
If you have terrible execution you could play KOUMA, or someone that uses a simple launcher j.bc j.bc air-throw combo.

As long as you're not talking about F-Kouma, yeah.  Maybe it's just me, since I don't "know" any other characters and am still really learning F-Kouma, but his simplest bnb - 2A 2B 2C 6C j.[C] j.[C] (land) 623A/B - is pretty tough if you're just learning the game.  The j.[C] has to be at the exact moment you jump, not before or even a moment after, otherwise you risk it not connecting or worse - not getting it to show at all.  And since F-Kouma can't jump cancel anything except j.[C], you don't have much choice but to learn how to do it right.  Very frustrating.

I used to play Wara in MBAC and C-Wara is pretty much the same - the reason being is that one of his best combos are brain-dead easy. (stuff into 2C 6C j.C j.C 421C or Airthrow)  He's got a great anti-air, his tornadoes kick ass, and once you get his basics down he has summons to make things even harder for his opponent.  As Irysa said, IAD's are a must at high level play; however, my opinion is that the point of beginner-friendly characters is to have a good basis that is easy to learn, and then have a deeper game that one must strive to master.  I think C-Wara is a pretty good place to start, especially if you prefer villain personalities.
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 07:03:08 PM »
Use F-tohno and make use you wear his yellow colors and you'll win for sure, 236 A/B/C is your best friend.lol ;D Imo H-Nanaya, H-Tohno, F-Miyako and C-Akiha are good for beginners.  :teach:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:11:53 PM by YubelPhoenix »
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2010, 07:38:41 AM »
I started with H-Ryougi, mostly because knife throws reminded me of Millia's pin :V

Offline Cornix

• Spellcaster
  • Soup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 09:39:22 AM »
Akiha is always a nice one to start playing with purely because of health. Plus 5BB j.BC j.BC AT is simple as a 'combo'.
But tohno/nanaya/nero are the characters that will make you feel really good about yourself while in pick up and play mode.

Ries is fairly straightforward and at least one of her moons is fairly shoto-esque for SF players.
[00:47] <Cornix> Curbeh: How does one 'go back to neutral' more?
[00:47] <Curbeh> Put it on five
[00:47] <Curbeh> FUCKING STOP TIME
----- [03:00] <jiyuna> i lost nec and i fucked 19 women that night [03:00] <jiyuna> with tears in my eyes [03:00] <jiyuna> i made them pay

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »
Akiha is always a nice one to start playing with purely because of health. Plus 5BB j.BC j.BC AT is simple as a 'combo'.
But tohno/nanaya/nero are the characters that will make you feel really good about yourself while in pick up and play mode.

Ries is fairly straightforward and at least one of her moons is fairly shoto-esque for SF players.
Your character choices are right but nero isn't beginner friendly unless ur a j.c abuser. He is more complex :V
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline mechalolipop

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Pad-Assassin Aoko
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2010, 02:12:06 PM »
Use F-tohno and make use you wear his yellow colors and you'll win for sure, 236 A/B/C is your best friend.lol
lol, banana shiki. And if you get out 5B, 2B, 5C, 623B, j.C, land, j.B, j.C, dj.B, dj.C, AT in training mode you'll be all like "OMG 5.5K DAMAGE, I'm so pro!" like I was.

Then you realize how mediocre 5B and 2B are on their own and have to learn him for realz. =(

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how come no one uses him anymore anyway? What he lacks in H-moon's mixup, he has in frame traps and pressure.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 03:04:21 PM by mechalolipop »

Offline Cornix

• Spellcaster
  • Soup!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2010, 02:34:58 PM »

Your character choices are right but nero isn't beginner friendly unless ur a j.c abuser. He is more complex :V
I'm well aware that he's more complex when you're actually trying to play him. But as I said 'in pick up and play mode' they'll be j.C abusers all the time.
[00:47] <Cornix> Curbeh: How does one 'go back to neutral' more?
[00:47] <Curbeh> Put it on five
[00:47] <Curbeh> FUCKING STOP TIME
----- [03:00] <jiyuna> i lost nec and i fucked 19 women that night [03:00] <jiyuna> with tears in my eyes [03:00] <jiyuna> i made them pay

Offline Nebi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • loli variation is just superior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2010, 04:51:26 PM »
Actually for pickup and play, it's 5b (H/C), 4c, ja, jb, and projectile. jC only used in combos and "pick up and play" people usually get three in max. The jC is just the most memorable because being hit by it 6~ times in one combo just sticks to your head.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:58:25 PM by Nebi »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »
Actually Nero is definitely beginner friendly. He has his complexities like most of the cast but to pick up, play, and be effective off the bat, he definitely fits the bill.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2010, 06:18:28 PM »

EDIT: Out of curiosity, how come no one uses him anymore anyway? What he lacks in H-moon's mixup, he has in frame traps and pressure.
It's probably because he is annoying as hell to fight. I tired of his shenanigans  :psyduck:. Here is a vid of the legend himself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3jaRZjvfQ
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 06:25:21 PM by YubelPhoenix »

I suck at this game XD

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2010, 08:44:15 AM »
beginner characters that are actually easy to combrehend that let you evolve your game in a steady pace i guess would be:

Kouma(you dont need to begin with max damage combos but you should aim to master them a failed strong combo is worse than weaker variant that gives you knockdown that you won't fail),

both Shikis and aoko because as said you people make it seem like you have to become NUMBER 1!!! in ten seconds. These characters can give you a chance to implement the things they're good at one step at a time(except Kouma)and you can switch character later on because almost all of them let you at least learn the basics of the game and they're unique attributes doesn't change too much(except kouma who makes throwing awesome) of the basic gameplay that most characters share except nero who's huge hitbox fucks up the way you're thinking how neutral works.

if i'm talking out of my ass please correct me or just ask me to delete the post
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 09:59:37 AM by E.D »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
beginner characters that are actually easy to combrehend that let you evolve your game in a steady pace i guess would be:

Kouma(you dont need to begin with max damage combos but you should aim to master them a failed strong combo is worse than weaker variant that gives you knockdown that you won't fail),

both Shikis and aoko because as said you people make it seem like you have to become NUMBER 1!!! in ten seconds. These characters can give you a chance to implement the things they're good at one step at a time(except Kouma)and you can switch character later on because almost all of them let you at least learn the basics of the game and they're unique attributes doesn't change too much(except kouma who makes throwing awesome) of the basic gameplay that most characters share except nero who's huge hitbox fucks up the way you're thinking how neutral works.

if i'm talking out of my ass please correct me or just ask me to delete the post

...no

Kouma is one of the hardest characters in the game to play well.  Aoko in either Crescent of Half Moon is a lot effort to learn.  Full Moon Aoko is fairly easy though as well as Nanaya and Tohno in all moons. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline MagnusXL

• Spellcaster
  • j.C Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2010, 01:46:43 PM »
To be completely fair, my first character was Kouma because EX-Dunk.
Honorary BC Player.

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
If you're used to the grappler type already in 2DFs then Kouma isn't so bad, but if not, he can definitely be considered difficult to play well.
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 10, 2010, 04:32:44 PM »
Kouma is one of the hardest characters in the game to play well.
so you mean that Kouma in difference to a lot of characters is hard to learn? sure he doesn't have a lot of things that other characters have but for a beginner Kouma has okay moves, a good reversal as long as they're close and a very easy basic level mixup that is never if done even remotely right easy to see.
i don't know what more a beginner could need.
I am not interested about hearing that  ebj.c combos or rekka combos or whatever combo is hard that shit you can learn in training mode.
no disrespect but i have hard time understanding why Kouma is a bad choice for a beginner?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:15:53 PM by E.D »

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2010, 05:25:07 PM »
He can be kept out very easily, and his mixups require the opponent to respect you. His combos aren't that bad, but using his EX's smartly is really important and can be difficult to learn. He has the best anti-air in the game, which definitely helps him out, but he loses out in the air in most cases. You have to be careful with him, and be good at making the opponent scared of you to make him effective, which isn't easy for a beginner to learn.

Oh, I almost forgot to add, you need to be able to read the opponent very well too, his fundamentals might not be too hard to learn, but becoming effective with him is more difficult than a lot of the rest of the cast.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 05:32:00 PM by Shizuka »
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 10, 2010, 07:15:01 PM »
so you mean that Kouma in difference to a lot of characters is hard to learn? sure he doesn't have a lot of things that other characters have but for a beginner Kouma has okay moves, a good reversal as long as they're close and a very easy basic level mixup that is never if done even remotely right easy to see.
i don't know what more a beginner could need.
I am not interested about hearing that  ebj.c combos or rekka combos or whatever combo is hard that shit you can learn in training mode.
no disrespect but i have hard time understanding why Kouma is a bad choice for a beginner?

It's not the execution of his combos that make him difficult to play.  All things considered, his combos aren't *that* hard.  Yeah his basic mixup is fairly simple and a basic combo for him is not that hard to learn.  The hard part is playing him in neutral and getting people to respect you when you get in.  He's not very fast and it's not easy to use his normals to get through zoning.  Then after you get in, you have to deal with the fact that people respect Kouma a lot less then they respect other characters. 
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline E.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2010, 12:30:58 AM »
Hmm yeah i see you're point and i guess i am used to force people to respect my options so i don't notice it as much.
I still see him as a good beginner character. But i'll accept that most people don't think so.