When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Calling out VETERU  (Read 24150 times)

Offline Magikarp9

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Calling out VETERU
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2007, 11:24:34 AM »
If the hate is directed at me, then please be direct.
I find it odd that this is a 'problem', considering that my comments are not taken negatively by the people involved(except bell, but that's my own error seeing Arl's improvements).

I'm not  as interested in being correct but in helping other people improve. If you think my advice is bad for you, I'll kindly refrain from commenting once you have indicated so. Unlike whoever may direct hate at me, I do not share your values. My goals may be related, but they are different in nature. If you wish to improve by other means, then I have nothing else to do but to step aside. Those who do not wish to be helped cannot be helped.

That being said, I recognise that I'm bound to commit errors as well. With new knowledge comes the realisation that old tactics have to be discarded. But I stand by the fact that my commentary comes with best intentions in mind. One-upmanship and 'being better' than you aren't what I'm looking for. Please separate the play from the player when recieving and giving criticism.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2007, 12:28:01 PM »
man relax dog... i've only recently got on irc... and i've only seen magi help... so if they don't want it... they can say it....

dog... and i have no probs with anybody on this here fourm...but shit if i get a chance to go to evo world... i have no probs mm any of you WCs or ECs cuse honestly i need to test everything everytime i step on to the floor...and most peeps i chatted with on irc is cool as fuck.. and would love to meet ya'll in real life..so relax...

ahahahah ii oto showing us the biz... man i wish i could to Japan and just sit there and suck out as much info as i can that would be awsome b..

and yo i would like to seee veteru... cuse he's got to be cool.

if you guys listen to theroy fighters... you guys better stop..cuse theroy fighting goes no where when your in the heat of the battle...
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »
and who's a complaining 12 year old? Leo? Me? You dont think these are legitimate problems in this community, cuz i sure do.

Damn I said relax.

How long have you even part of this community? Christ, this topic started out being tongue and cheek and then you guys that have been playing the game for like 4 months just go apeshit over the status of the community and start shit like money matches and the guy who talked to Wizard and whatever.

This isn't a legitimate problem in the community because it's like two people. I've talked to Magikarp on several occassions after he's seen my vids, and the criticsm is valid. By this point he knows how I play / what's going through my head anyway.

And Veteru is Veteru  :mystery:.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2007, 04:20:55 PM »
i think there is a problem with this community and the "elite" at the top. and i know our whole Interface scene died partly because of those problems.

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2007, 04:21:29 PM »
yeah 4 months, i would have said something earlier, but i was shot down by EC for not knowing ciel's mixup.

Ok yeah there is criticism (correct or not) by magikarp, a lot of it, doesnt matter if he thinks its altruism, he still come off as a dick.. Chibi, you've got some of the elitism too, but i understand where you're coming from because i used to be in your shoes.

Anonymity on the internet may be pretty nice, but when we're potentially going to meet up for tournaments or etc, it'd be nice to show some class. That being said, i'm really looking forward to meeting people at Evo Vegas, especially Chibi. I'm continuing my interviews there cuz people tell me they're quite popular.

and i am relaxed. (i'm not even wearing pants)

edit** whoops my post is in response to chibi's. Santos, we're going to drill you into Top 8 next tourney,  >:D

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
Look bro, I don't know where any of this drama came from, and of all people I hold the least to no elitism, especially since I'm still getting scruff for playing like I have the brain of an armidillo and the confidence of Dippy on his good days. I don't harbor ill will towards anyone on here, and every little bit of hate / internet anger I have lasts like 2 seconds and is absolutely fake. That's how I am on the internet, it's stupid, and I apologize.

I don't know anything about your scene either, but I'm sorry if I came off in the wrong way, both now and with whatever I may have said in the past. While I may think a few people on EC could beat you folks in MB I think your community > the EC community. I think pretty soon WC = EC and then WC > EC, which is all good because a rivalry will get lots of fun times going.

So with trying to get MB to be recognized at EVO the last thing I want is bad blood between any of us.

:P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2007, 04:56:44 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2007, 05:21:24 PM »
dont get me wrong, i think EC vs WC drama is very VERY healthy for competition. If it wasn't for you guy's EC vs WC drama, i would have still played like THIS.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2007, 08:25:26 PM »
dog that would be great

it happens in MVC2

it happens in 3s ( i think)

and it happens in tekken (WC old skool vs. EC new skool)

nothing wrong with rivialries.... that's why i like it ... so hopefully  it will be the same for melty man... that would be beautiful

carry on tradition fellas..

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2007, 01:59:50 AM »
yea I'm better than all you motha fuckas.....  :blah:....lies

but anyway I think beef between coasts is a good thing, because when it comes down to it, we still can drink together after the tourney.

The only thing I wish for now is to not be the token black guy.... >.> <.<

Since my roomate quit playing mb seriously because of "Melty Blood is too easy", but yet he goes to play one of the most broken games in exisistance, Filthy Gear: Ass Core, I'm the only one I know
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2007, 02:39:37 AM »
I'd rather have a friendly rivalry in ec vs wc.  EC: "We're better than you!",  WC: "No, we're better than you!" xx 5on5 at evo or something.(speaking of which I have no problem organizing that if its wanted)

But anyway....whats going on again?  Where are those veteru vids?

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2007, 12:28:17 PM »
we'll i dont remember any FRIENDLY ONES WITH WC... but i still chill with WC.. at least in tekken ...  so i know i could go in be like WC is DONE in competition... but afteward i would most def chill with the WC

Offline neZ

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Braindead
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2007, 05:53:18 PM »
Hm. I could try to coerce Veteru into recording some matches, but like... there's no one good to play here in the NW. There's like... me and a few others in Portland. Hintalove (also in Portland) used to play, but I think he quit. I think Veteru's trying to make a scene in Seattle, but with not much success, unfortunately. Lack of vids is likely due to lack of comp. You can't record what's not happening.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2007, 07:42:52 PM by Digital Watches »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2007, 05:47:24 AM »
I'll take vids of him doing shit in training mode or fighting CPU, I don't care.

:V  >:( >:D :emo: :teach: :fap: :mystery: :psyduck: :toot: ;) :-*
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2007, 07:56:35 AM »
His V. Akiha training mode replays are excellent.  It's not vs. CPU or anything, but it's proof that he knows V. Akiha's game.  I don't have the URL, but I know it's hosted by ikusat.  So you'll have to ask them about it

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2007, 04:17:25 PM »
training mode videos are meh.

everyone can do comboes, but not everyone knows how to play.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 03:47:46 AM »
training mode videos are meh.

everyone can do comboes, but not everyone knows how to play.
I realize this is a month late response, but from personal experience where there is a complete drought of MBAC competition (I played Lain and Alt on maybe 3 occasions some not even lasting over 30 minutes due to guilty gear >_>), you can learn a lot from just practice mode, watching vids on youtube, and reading up on strats/gameplay tips.

Focusing back on the topic, I have chatted with Veteru about MB on a few occasions recently and, from what I can tell, this guy knows his stuff. I realize this isn't saying much, but I am fairly certain he plays a meaner V. Akiha than I do at the very least. Just to throw something out there for you guys to gauge.

All this said, I know I'm not the only one that is going batshit crazy waiting for Evo Vegas to happen. We'll finally get some resolution one way or another to something that seems to be a heated topic for discussion on these boards.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 04:37:47 AM »
Dude, having so many freaking Melty ver.B2 setups in the same room with very little downtime (I hope) will be BAD ASS. I am totally hyped about it, and looking forward to... *shifty-eyes* beating Veteru down! I'll send THAT to Veteru!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 08:14:23 AM »
fuck b2 on pc, i'l still play mb ps2 cuz its more convinient.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »
fuck b2 on pc, i'l still play mb ps2 cuz its more convinient.

I agree on the convience (and I hope it isn't a rumor that we'll eventually receive a port too) but really it would do more harm then help to stay on the PS2 once the game is available on the PC.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 10:05:34 AM »
they should, but if they havent announced it, it won't be coming in a while.

i dont wanna quit out of the game everytime i want to swap out a different usb controller. though long term solution would to FORCE everyone to play on sticks.

HRAP preferrable.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2007, 10:44:19 AM »
Well back before PS2 MBAC was out we were running MB PC tournaments as well, and it just wasn't a pretty sight at all. Sp00ky himself would go literally lug his entire tower halfway across NYC just so we could play it on a TV instead of sitting down infront of a laptop. Switching out for pads and the like was also quite a serious pain in the ass.

Not looking foward to when we renew our ranbat season and start from square one again.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »
The PS2-USB converters I use are hotswap items.  I can go from pad to stick while still playing.

~M

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2007, 11:48:24 AM »
Does it support every stick with no lag?

That'll be our biggest issue.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
ban all KEYBOARDS and PADS, problem solved. "this aint no tekken, get your pads outta here."

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2007, 09:15:53 PM »
ban all KEYBOARDS and PADS, problem solved. "this aint no tekken, get your pads outta here."

hey hey... not all tekken players play pads...:(