hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: How is input lag on Steam Melty Blood?  (Read 10096 times)

Offline Nich Dawn

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
How is input lag on Steam Melty Blood?
« on: April 19, 2017, 10:19:07 PM »
Sorry if I may be posting in the wrong place, still trying to understand all the versions and ports. Anyway how is the overall online experience after the v1.07 update that promised better netcode?

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: How is input lag on Steam Melty Blood?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:22:49 AM »
The native input delay for the steam version is the same as both the original PC port that was bundled with Carnival Phantasm, and the CCCaster version, 3 frames.

Though if you are talking about netplay, well then, it's a crap shoot. It really depends on the connection between you and your opponent. As far as I know, the steam version doesnt allow you to set your own delay, but adjusts it for you, where as the CCCaster version allows you to set rollback/delay frames based off a recommended delay value.

As far as the steam version's netcode being anywhere as good as the caster netcode, it isnt. Though I will admit that I couldnt even find a match the last time I wanted to test it out to see if it was improved.

Offline Shilpe

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How is input lag on Steam Melty Blood?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2017, 08:24:25 AM »
Sorry if I may be posting about these top notch fat burners in the wrong still trying to understand all the versions and ports. Anyway how is the overall online experience after the v1.07 update that promised better netcode?

There's always lag.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 06:03:36 AM by Shilpe »