hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: How to run Melty Blood Actress Again on your PC (with Netplay)  (Read 209642 times)

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
Re: How to run Melty Blood Actress Again on your PC
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2010, 10:36:20 AM »
You can't uninstall DirectX. It would be a good idea to update it though via the DirectX Webupdate. If that don't work, download the full runtime.

Also, make sure you're using the right version of GSdx. If you have any AMD CPU at all, use the SSE2 version. If you got an Intel dual-core, you can probably run the SSSE3 version; if you got a Core 2 or higher you're good to go with the SSE4 renderer.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
No sucess with webupdate :(. How do I download full runtime? :o

I'm using the correct one, SSE4... I was wondering... Am I not suppose to use GSdx11 since its DirectX 11?

Thanks for your help! o/
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2010, 08:11:37 PM »
GSdx11 will only work if you're on Win7. If you're on Vista, use GSdx10. If you're on XP, use GSdx9. That said, I do think I remember them saying the DX11 one is just a dummy one right now, so see if the DX10 version will work for you, followed by DX9. If one of those works and gets the game going, then stop right there; otherwise, let's continue.

Here's the web installer: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3

And here's the full one if the web one fails: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=0cef8180-e94a-4f56-b157-5ab8109cb4f5

Also, just to be fully safe, use CPU-Z and take a screenshot of its main window, so I can see what sort of Processor you have. Unless you already fully know what processor you have, that is, in which case, tell me the brand (e.g; Core 2 Duo T5500, Phenom II 930) so that I can be sure of what instruction sets you can or can't run. I'm not saying you're a liar, but if it turns out to be that, it's best to nip it here than it is after I exhaust otherwise wasted time on "fixes" that would never work, eh? :P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 08:13:50 PM by Dark Pulse »

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2010, 12:13:11 AM »
Yaaay!!! It's working.

Thanks a lot man.. Really :D.. Now I can play on keyboard. The problem was DirectX.. I've installed the version from the link you sent. It didnt say that it was an older version and everything worked out... but on dxdiag it still appears directx 11 :x

The processor was Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz 2.50 GHz but the game is running perfectly. It's ok now.

Thank you again :D
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2010, 07:09:33 AM »
No problem. You can definitely use the SSE4 renderer; any Core 2 will have SSE4.1, which is all you need for the SSE4 renderer.

Do note if you have some kind of PC gamepad, or one of those PS2-to-USB controllers, you can fully use those after setting them up in the emulator. If not, of course, there's always the keyboard option.

And yes, on DXDiag it should appear as DX11 for you, almost always. The only time it might not is when MS pushes out DX12 and doesn't make everyone upgrade the whole damn OS for it. :P

Offline academico

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2010, 07:35:09 PM »
I can't wait for the PC version :(

Any news?
Argentina MB fighter

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2010, 08:21:06 PM »
None. The Arcade version of Actress Again: Current Code will be out in June or July, I think, so I wouldn't expect a PC version before Winter at best.

Offline Elunduil

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 08, 2010, 09:23:57 AM »
Hey thanks for all of your help with those links Darkpulse. >.>b

It's really helped me get things looking good and smooth with little to no frame loss. Thank you!

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #158 on: April 08, 2010, 01:41:06 PM »
Not a problem. I've heard a lot of people were having input lag on r1888 (The latest official release) which is why I've built these, among other reasons.

For the record, they are still developing it, but there's been nothing that would really affect Actress (i.e; they're doing code changes instead of modifying graphics/sound plugins right now for the most part) so there's been little reason for me to upload a new compile.

Offline Warpticon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2010, 11:05:55 AM »
Ran like crap on my system and I went back to r1888.  :-[

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2010, 11:04:30 PM »
Did you try adjusting things? Speedhacks and such?

What are your specs?

Offline hakosuka

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:28 PM »
Do guys have any idea how to fix the problem with the memory card issue? So far I use the PCSX to load up MBAA with settings that match my comp's setting, but when I get to the part to begin execute the program a message pops up saying: Failed loading Memory card from file: memcards/Mcd001.ps2. Is there something that has to be done like loading a certain file into the memory card folder? any help would be appreciated.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #162 on: April 14, 2010, 09:15:49 AM »
Ah yeah, the memorycard creation stuff is disabled in the current beta builds. Whoops.

Well, most people who were using PCSX2 r1888 to run Actress would simply use the memory cards from their prior versions. (Those will still work.) However, someone who has never had one might not have a previous memory card file.

So I've attached a blank one. Just extract it to PCSX2's memcards folder, and if you want two of them, just copy and paste it and name it Mcd002.ps2. The file should be 8.25 MB when fully extracted. (It compressed so well because it's empty, of course.)

Offline snnore

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 02, 2010, 08:27:02 PM »
I feel like a total n00b
I am having trouble with selecting the file.  It is in the bios folder but it is not being recognized.  Any ideas?

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #164 on: May 02, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »
What file? Only the BIOS files should be in the BIOS folder. These should consist of (Assuming you're using V2 of a dump) of a BIN file that's 4096k, a 3072k EROM, a 1k MEC, a 1k NVM, and two 512k ROM1/ROM2 files. If you don't have any of these, you will need to dump your BIOS from your PS2. While I will be more than happy to give you instructions as to how to do this, PLEASE NOTE I WILL *NOT* INCLUDE ANY BIOS DUMPS IN MY BUILDS. It's very illegal for one, and for two, the only dump I have is the dump of my own console's BIOS.

That said, if your PS2 can run homebrew software, either through a modchip, SwapMagic, or via Independence Exploit/Free McBoot, dumping your own PS2 BIOS is easy: This topic explains it pretty well and tells you exactly what you'll need. Obviously, if your PS2 is not modded, exploited, and you lack something like SwapMagic, this is impossible.

If you're talking about the Mcd001.ps2 file, that belongs in memcards, not in bios.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 08:52:15 PM by Dark Pulse »

Offline snnore

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2010, 03:05:52 PM »
Thank you for the help.  I just need to tweak it now to minimize the artifacts

Offline Bolverk-GTM

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • What's an unsafe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:39 PM »
well a couple of months and my MBAA still runs perfectly fine on PCSX2 1888.  i'm back now so i can help people with any problems that they might have getting MBAA working still since i've become a pretty seasoned player now and i've messed with it plenty enough to know what works and what doesn't work and blah blah blah.
[21:05] <MashThat5A> Do I have to pay for this game?
[21:05] <Chaoschao> Pay for poverty games? : psyduck :

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
If you're getting lines through the characters, make sure texture filtering is disabled, and also disable upscaling the resolution. I should have details on this a few pages back.

Offline Bolverk-GTM

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • What's an unsafe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:34 AM »
If you're getting lines through the characters, make sure texture filtering is disabled, and also disable upscaling the resolution. I should have details on this a few pages back.
and in addition to that, instead of using interlacing, you can also just use the game's integrated progressive scan mode.  i'm sure an earlier post tells you how to do that and it makes the game look really nice and shiny on HD displays like mine.   ;D

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #169 on: May 05, 2010, 09:21:55 AM »
Indeed. For those too lazy to look it up, though: Hold Triangle + X as the game is loading and select the top option twice.

Offline snnore

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 05, 2010, 01:22:29 PM »
Originally I had the graphics on gsdx which caused it to have the lines and lag.  I then switched over to zerogs which caused the characters to "fragment" (pixelate or whatever.  Don't know what to call it) when moving, but there was no lag except when facing Dust of Osiris.  I tried the progressive scan mode and it made it look perfect, except there was a little lag on the character selection screen, some stages, and a lot on Dust of Osiris.  Does the graphics plugin matter when using progressive scan?

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2010, 01:30:56 PM »
It shouldn't.

If you're using the older version, upgrade to the latest version I have compiled, and see if that works fine for you: r2655.

For the record, it should almost always be better to use GSDX, especially if you have a CPU that has more than SSE2 (i.e; it has SSSE3 or SSE4.1.) OpenGL will be almost always slower in every situation.

Offline snnore

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 05, 2010, 06:40:42 PM »
Just tried the new one.  The game works fine except the sound lags and there is a little lag on Dust (40-50fps).  Also, when I configured the new pcsx for the first time, everything reset after I booted MBAA.  And it seems like gsdx reverted to an older version

Offline Bolverk-GTM

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • What's an unsafe?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 06, 2010, 09:04:04 AM »
The game works fine except the sound lags
Decrease the latency in sound settings.

there is a little lag on Dust (40-50fps).
That's actually pretty normal.  My comp lags on Osiris too, I think it's a matter of the processor since the emulator by itself rapes like half of a gig of CPU Memory.  I have a 2 gig CPU and the only time I experience lag is on Osiris and for one weird reason or another, Warakia/Sion TATARI's stage (the place that resembles where Sion and Riesbyfe were first attacked by Warakia).  I really dunno why I lag on the Warakia/VSion stage but I don't fight on that stage too often so it's no big deal, but yeah Osiris lagging your game is very normal.

Also, when I configured the new pcsx for the first time, everything reset after I booted MBAA.  And it seems like gsdx reverted to an older version
Run PCSX2 as Administrator.  Change the setting by right clicking pcsx2-r1888.exe and clicking properties, then go to the Compatibility tab, and mark the checkbox "Run this program as an Administrator" at the bottom of the window, then click OK.  Problem solved, the configuration should save now.  :D

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #174 on: May 06, 2010, 01:14:48 PM »
Yeah, CPU speed could be a factor. Mine's 3.4 GHz, and I get no such lag with Dust or anyone.

CPU speed and type is important. If it's a Singlecore, it's no wonder you're not getting fullspeed, as I have a friend who has a low-end Intel dualcore and she has no problem getting a full 60.

Sound lag, reduce the latency, yes. Obviously the lower the latency the closer the timing, but if you're going too fast for your sound/audio system, it can begin to skip, pop, and warp. Remember it goes by milliseconds, so a value of 100 means that there will be a .1 second delay between when the sound should play and when you'll hear it.

However, sound lag can also be introduced a bit because you're not getting a full 60 FPS.

NarugaDenka: Is there some reason you don't want to upgrade? r1888 is VERY old; there's a lot of bugs that have been fixed since then and a lot of features that have been added. (Although some things do not fully work yet under the new GUI.)