hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: IMPORTANT: 5 D's of Melty: Sticky this Please  (Read 2173 times)

Offline GenericSuperhero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 67
    • View Profile
IMPORTANT: 5 D's of Melty: Sticky this Please
« on: February 28, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
These days there are many ways to play melty blood.  But however, the game mechanics make favor certain strategies for victory.  Careful observation of top players in the game as well as logical reasoning point to a universally effective strategy.  This strategy can be summarized in 5 points which are listed below.  For ease of reference, please call this strategy guide the 5 D's of melty.  It has been carefully crafted based on real evidence in history and cross referencing of probability of victory per different strategies.

This is a scientific method of winning in melty blood.  It is proven effective at all levels of play and is the most surely way to close the gap between player experience.  I may not be a top melty blood player, but I am a top scientist in my field and have a lot of experience with efficiency testing.

THE FIVE D OF MELTY

Dragon Punch
Dodge
5D
2D
Dodge
Dragon Punch

Further adding on to this, one can extrapolate a seventh D of melty which is Arc [D]rive.  These methods have a chi square value of .01 when P=.05 with ten degrees of freedom.  Using the scientific method we can become the next worldchamp.

HOW TO USE THE 5 D OF MELTY
Its very simple.  One must use all of the five D in moderation in order to win.  By following the suggested sequence above or using you're own method to randomize selection, he or she may become a top player.  At the top level of play, he or she may select which D to use based on his "yomi", or psychic power.  However, make sure to always use a D on wakeup and never give up no matter.  Remember that everyone started out like you, in the beginning.  Defeatism can only lead to defeat so you must always be optimism.

"Blue blue glass moon, under the crimson air"
-Melty Blood

Happy Hunting!
<Dipstick> bell would have a significant advantage in length and size
<Dipstick> but Sp00ky has a lot more experience

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
Re: IMPORTANT: 5 D's of Melty: Sticky this Please
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:31:08 PM »
Did someone lose a bet..?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 04:41:15 AM »
Either that, or they have an awful lot of time on their hands, since most of this is no-brainer stuff.

That said, p=.05 is borderline acceptable. I'd be a lot more comfortable with it equalling p=.03 or especially p=.01. Please refine your research until there is less margin for error. I want a 99% chance to become world-class, not 95%.
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 07:57:36 AM »
I do appeeciate the effort, but this is obviously the work of an amateur. For one, you did not provide even generic weighted results matrix, nevermind a complete multi-dimensional character-based matri which a thorough analysis would demand.

Granted, the calculations would require a neural network of gothic death lolitas to calculate in anythig resembling this lifetime, but this is why we have these things!

You forgot to list your coefficients for such things like the amount of performance-enhancing substances (even weighted as a simple plus/minus), friction on the buttons, the speed of light in the enviroment, and so on. 

You also forgot one of the most important Ds: down and A.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!