hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Is this the most active community for melty? cuz I have some questions  (Read 2578 times)

Offline Keitomine

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
I have questions about overall strategies and matchups that aren't on the wiki. Is this the best forum for that, or should I head over to SRK or Dustloop?

Offline Keitomine

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
that kinda sucks. Whelp:

Questions:

I play C- P.Ciel, and I'm picking up H.Aozaki, and I might pick up C.Miyako.

As a beginner what kind of stuff should I practice first? Combos are really long so I just practice their enders.

Also what can I do against Mashy Ryougis? they seem really annoying.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
Against anyone that plays mashy you need to do a lot of blocking and watch them. Wait for them to make a mistake and punish. If they don't make mistakes then look for patterns that you can exploit with a well timed reversal 2/5a or dp. If they don't make mistakes and aren't making obvious patterns they aren't mashing.

I mean, brb lurking more.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Easy things to practice in training mode:

Combos.
While many combos work on the whole cast in this game, the 'optimal' ones usually have some elements that are char specific in regards to timing, or may even need to be modified for certain chars. Keep in mind that confirming hits into combos is something you get from playing other people.

Pressure.
With all guard and recovery A/B/C/D functions, you can practice staggers and frame traps in your block strings. Because the dummy will always attack on the 1st gap, its a little bit harder to get used to taking advantage of extended block strings and random hits. It's also a little difficult to identify weaknesses in your pressure, but these are things you can figure out while playing.

Oki Set-Ups.
With combo, all guard, and recovery X functions, you can do a combo, end the combo, and practice your oki set-ups/mix-ups. You can also practice meaty timing. Using the dummy record functions in training mode to have a dummy do your combo and oki set-up will also allow you to identify what reversals, or other defensive options, your set-up is weak to, as you can attempt to escape the set-up your self.