hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Last Arcs?  (Read 24237 times)

Offline Bloodonyourhands

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Last Arcs?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 07:57:27 AM »
Sabator brings up a good point, not all LAs will do great damage... but alot of them will do more than the arc drive if im not mistaken
those who live by the sword, die by the sword
O=[========>

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 06:32:58 AM »
Sabator brings up a good point, not all LAs will do great damage... but alot of them will do more than the arc drive if im not mistaken
Flawed comparison. Last Arcs need to be in Blood Heat to activate while Arc Drives are done in Max/Heat. There's no Last Arc that does more damage than the AAD, which is also done out of Blood Heat.

Offline Kadoya Akira

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • New Pile Bunker spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 12:51:26 PM »
There's no Last Arc that does more damage than the AAD, which is also done out of Blood Heat.
Wrong. There are some LAs that do more damage than AAD.
WLen's, Aoko's, Warachia's, and if I'm not wrong, Shion's. Tohno's LA does less damage than his AAD, but a combo out of a LA does around the same damage as.

But still isn't a good point to use LA over AAD. The timming is horrible, and it's easy to mess with LA.

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2008, 10:15:05 AM »
Yes, I think it's too risky to try doing a Last Arc o.o
And sometimes Arc Drive is even better because some of them has invincible frames(like Shikis' and Satsuki's)

And Tohno's LA FTW!!! The only one in the game that is comboable!!! ~~/o/

You can also combo off sacchin's LA.

and you can do long ass combo off aoko's as well but it doesn't matter cause the last arcs scale them down heavily and plus its sacchin who has bnb's that do over 5000 you are better off finishing your combo with 2nd arc's instead of using a last arc.  That and they are risky as crap and predicable as anything.
Wtf bnb does Satsuki have that does 5000. It's not that stupid j.[C] stuff that you'll never land on a real player that can see the charge spark and then using up like 300% meter is it?

Anyways if you ever get off any last arc you should win. They all do like 5000 damage.

well first if you land a B or C in the air then ground combo with it you will get slightly less than 5000dmg right there I am assuming you use 100% meter here, and her 2C,5C,214A,22C,sj.5[C],5[C],2[C],2C,5C... bnb does a ton of damage despite its bad prorating once you get the timing between 214A, and 22C down. and I was mentioing the fact that you you can link many of your moves into sacchins second arc to add extra damage.

AAD are better in my opinion cause you can combo into them after the primary reason you used blood heat is almost gone aka healing, and a few AAD can be used to reset combos for humiliation, even though you will no like 0 damage after your AAD its pretty funny.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:18:06 AM by noradseven »

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 03:34:52 PM »
Warcs AD and AAD are impossible to hit with if they know what they are doing, so the LA is usable and very damaging

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline V-Kattou

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »
Warcs AD and AAD are impossible to hit with if they know what they are doing, so the LA is usable and very damaging

Or just use your meter for something useful?

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »

Or just use your meter for something useful?
well i meant if you are already in blood heat to heal.

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2008, 05:21:11 PM »
while in blood heat you can just also spam the shit out of Ex-moves.  With sacchin and kouma this can just be cruel and unusual punishment.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2008, 06:18:13 PM »
Or be like most people and spam the shit out of EX Blood Rings and Karst whore blockstrings?

Offline YuenSan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Can't you say it in smaller syallables b4 I win?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 09:18:26 AM »
I might be late at this, but you can also find out the LAs on GameFAQs.com believe it or not.
Device: Gamepad (sorry...not enough to buy a gamestick yet)

Plays: MBAC, Tsukhime (fav is Hisui <3,) Touhou, and MMOs
 FU #1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 10 (srsly,) and 12 are so in this forum lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJJpQzRkVE

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 11:38:16 AM »
I might be late at this, but you can also find out the LAs on GameFAQs.com believe it or not.

lol GameFAQs. sorry but don't trust what Gamefaqs says most of the time unless its where X item is located and even then they will probably forget something important.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 11:58:34 AM »
I find it odd that nobody's mentioned the fact that all LAs will either do ~6000 damage, or ~3000 + circuit break.  That can be very useful, especially on people who are very circuit heavy characters.

That doesn't make them any less hard to actually pull off, but it sure as hell keeps them from being completely useless.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 01:32:43 PM »
Last Arcs are very situational. The one property they have that makes them useful is the fact that they're so damn hard to dodge as soon as they get activated, so I'd try to go for a Last Arc if I was already in Blood Heat and he's down to just enough life to take out with a LA for a quick, easy kill.

Of course, like I said, this is situational. I wouldn't purposely enter Blood Heat just so I could LA someone. :V
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 11:53:52 PM »

lol GameFAQs. sorry but don't trust what Gamefaqs says most of the time unless its where X item is located and even then they will probably forget something important.
There you go again spitting bullshit. GameFAQs is a reputable place where you can get answers for doing stuff in commercial games. And, like you say, one author forgets to point out something important, usually another will have pointed it out already, so your point is moot -- it's merely a matter of checking all the available guides.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »

There you go again spitting bullshit. GameFAQs is a reputable place where you can get answers for doing stuff in commercial games. And, like you say, one author forgets to point out something important, usually another will have pointed it out already, so your point is moot -- it's merely a matter of checking all the available guides.

sorry I was mostly talking about fighting games where they are not very accurate or contain little information for some reason, if you are talking other games like RPGs yeah gameFAQs is your friend, trying to get 100% in a game, I guess I am just biased cause gameFAQs has told me liez too often, in all sorts of games, that plus its community is terrible >:(.

edit: Before this gets out of hand its personal experiences, and stop the personal insults.  Maybe I exaggerated it somewhat but its not crap, look at meltys faq on there it lists all the moves but it doesn't post average damage or framerate, the things you normally want to know about. Be sure to check out EFZ, SWR, and there are only 2 guides for GGAC on there one for Johhny and one for Ky, I would also say Akatsuki but I couldn't find that.  However, the stuff on street fighter and mvc 2 is pretty good. http://www.gamefaqs.com/coinop/arcade/game/921913.html
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 09:21:03 PM by noradseven »

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2008, 08:41:46 PM »
Once again, your capabilities to tell such amounts of crap amaze me. I have YET to find a SINGLE fighting game that I haven't found ALL I need to know in GameFAQs. The community, I'll concede, is another matter entirely, but the site itself is the best single resource to get complete guides on ALL kinds and genres of games.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2008, 09:00:49 PM »
Once again, your capabilities to tell such amounts of crap amaze me. I have YET to find a SINGLE fighting game that I haven't found ALL I need to know in GameFAQs. The community, I'll concede, is another matter entirely, but the site itself is the best single resource to get complete guides on ALL kinds and genres of games.
Although I don't know why you bother paying attention to that guy so much, I'd like to mention that I've found incomplete/incorrect guides on semi-obscure jappo games more than a few times.  For anything not relatively obscure, I agree that it's usually spot on.  It is always the first source I go to for finding out info on a game, after all.

And I'd also like to put it out there that not all of the community is comprised of idiots.  Look to the lesser popular games' boards and you tend to see intelligent and friendly discussion more often than not.  It's just that the more popular boards (as with anything that grows a large fanbase - case in point: 4chan) attracts a lot more idiots that eventually run rampant. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 03:46:34 AM »
sorry I was mostly talking about fighting games where they are not very accurate or contain little information for some reason

2 words: Kao Megura. If his name's there, there's no better FAQ for that game. I admit there are few FAQs for rather unknown games, but you can almost always find what you're looking for.

Besides, the community only matters if you're part of it. I've always used gameFAQs and it's never affected me, because I never cared.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 04:03:25 AM »
sorry I was mostly talking about fighting games where they are not very accurate or contain little information for some reason

2 words: Kao Megura. If his name's there, there's no better FAQ for that game. I admit there are few FAQs for rather unknown games, but you can almost always find what you're looking for.

Besides, the community only matters if you're part of it. I've always used gameFAQs and it's never affected me, because I never cared.
It matters if you're going to go to the boards to ask a question that isn't covered in any of the FAQs for the game.
---

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 05:47:18 AM »
We can tell by watching your replays.

Offline V-Kattou

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 05:29:04 AM »
We can tell by watching your replays.

Touché

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 07:06:10 AM »
...Deadly venom stems from your words. It hurts me. ;_;

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2008, 03:22:20 AM »
...Deadly venom stems from your words. It hurts me. ;_;

suicide();
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »
Method definition for suicide():

public void suicide()
{
    throw new NotImplementedException("This function has not been implemented yet.");
}

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2008, 04:35:29 AM »
*EX-Shield into bitchslap*