hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Final Tuned (ITT: let's stop fucking talking about the PC port period)  (Read 56358 times)

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA Final Tuned
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »
I'm calling F-ciel rape NOW (provided she receives ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES).

Preemptive "Zar told you so". =p
Please spend another 2 hours destroying me :(
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
im poor as fuck.
Do you live under a bridge or what it is not that incredibly hard to get money even in these times. I was able to work for money to mod a PS2 when I was in middle school man and I am the farthest thing possible from rich.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »
No PC port, no hype.

I don't understand this shit at all.

The PS2 port has always brought in more people to the community, it makes running tournaments undeniably easier, and now we'll literally be playing the same game as Japanese (for those that care).

Why bother waiting for the PC version? You realize mauve is NOT making a client for it, right?

Stop waiting and start fucking playing. This year's NEC proved to me that 'oh my scene has noone' don't mean jack shit anymore.

I agree whole heartedly.  If you don't have a scene in your area - start one!  Take out the time/money to come out to events.  And with the mem card mods for Ps2 available now, it shouldn't cost you more than 10$ to mod it.  GLZ makes a good point about MBAC was mostly past it's prime when PC (and online play) came out, so it is good for the community, but ultimately I think it should be melty bread's goal to get more people playing and the community members should be doing their best to vitalize it all the time. 

I know I personally go out of my way to give people rides, a place to stay, and travel to goto tournaments all a heavy hit on the wallet.  But the fact is there's nothing wrong with spending money to have a bit of fun, and our younger group needs to realize because you can't sit at your computer with online play doesn't mean the game is lacking anything (except replays, as Irysa said...) 

The fact is, we should really be the elite of elite in the community and starting/going out to all the events on the boards and getting MB bigger for everyone.  Regardless of what people who want a Pc Port may say the scene for MBAA right now is bigger than I've ever seen it for ANY past reiteration of the franchise - ever. 

I can see why Ecolesoft didn't include PS2 netplay or anything of the like.  In Japan, fighting games are a social endeavor, and with the release of SF4 the fighting game scene in general has been revitalized, so they want to see this community hit the peak it did in the 90s.  It gets people out to arcades and gets people hype. 

How about seeing an arcade OPEN because of our efforts instead of closing down, like all of them US side have been in the last 5 years?  It's really fun to be right there against your opponent, with a crowd.  I'll not degenerate this into a psychology topic, but needless to say there's something about proximity that makes the game seem more important and gets you more competitive - hence, more fun. 

Just get out there and play.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 05:46:14 PM »
A PC port without netplay would basically put the scene in a difficult position of choosing between an outdated PS2 version or a logistical nightmare on PC.

What do you mean? PC means less shit to carry around, and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

a statement like this means you have never been to an event trying to set up a ps2 vs a pc. a ps2 is a by far easier to set up and run than a million laptops.

having to exit out of the game to reconfig keys everytime is a fucking pain as well

replays.

deprecated with the popularization of youtube and streaming. when you promote the game to people you don't hand them a pack of replays for a game they probably haven't even downloaded. you link them on youtube or a stream. also fuck trying to gather and label replays scattered from five different laptops into one zip file
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 05:48:47 PM by bellreisa »
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 05:50:47 PM »
I'll port caster to MBAA if it comes out for PC.

Unless it doesn't run at full speed on my system.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2009, 06:13:21 PM »

They can't get enough of me

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2009, 08:31:46 PM »

close firefox
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2009, 08:35:48 PM »
a statement like this means you have never been to an event trying to set up a ps2 vs a pc. a ps2 is a by far easier to set up and run than a million laptops.

having to exit out of the game to reconfig keys everytime is a fucking pain as well

For events sure, but that's not the case when you're trying to get a few games in that 1-2 hour gap in between classes. I just don't see how a pc port would be a bad thing.
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2009, 08:57:16 PM »

For events sure, but that's not the case when you're trying to get a few games in that 1-2 hour gap in between classes. I just don't see how a pc port would be a bad thing.

not a bad thing, but without netplay it contributes nothing really useful and makes the scene have to use a nonoptimal platform in order to stay current. with netplay, the platform is still subpar but at least there's vastly increased accessibility -- and again, it's basically down to two people who have a shot of making it happen, and one of them is flatly refusing to do it.
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
don't worry guys i just learned how to program tetris in java i totally have the skills to make a caster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 09:25:30 PM »
I think a PC port would be welcome, but only with one change compared to other ports: Let us set buttons inside the game. That's a make or break factor for nationwide tournament play. When you get two people together for a match, it takes twice the time to get converters and buttons set up. If we have static converters for each laptop (no switching except in special stick situations) and in-game button setting, things will be a lot smoother with a PC version.

Offline AkiraTheMastodon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • 暁を映して。
    • View Profile
    • My u2b.
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2009, 01:24:50 AM »
I'm curious to know if you'd be saying the same thing if your closest casual competition was 6 hours and $100 away.
wtf
that's close

the closest i'm getting to another mb player is either Japan or Cali
Name courtesy of LoliSauce.
俺のパーフェクトさんすう教室。
答えは答えはゼロ人ゼロ人
なぜならなぜならそれは。。。 幻想郷にバス無い!

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 03:39:43 AM »
probably needless to say but all the pros to a ps2 port heavily outweigh the pros of getting a pc port. the only thing i spent money on when i modded my ps2 (which i got for free <3) was the memory card

for all the pc version enthusiasts whiners if you actually really like something, you will go out of your way to get it. drastic times call for drastic measures but where there is a will, there is always a way. really, these barriers are nothing. casualpovertyfags can go find something else they will enjoy with their free time.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:41:16 AM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2009, 06:56:21 AM »
I'm so poor I can't afford to travel to spooky's to play mbaa 3 or 4 weekends a year, so I will wait for a torrent of a PC port.

Hoping for a PC port as long as it doesn't come at the expense of rendering PS2 port useless, so either by having final tuned come out on both PS2 and PC, or not having enough 'tuning' to make the previous PS2 port useless.

Anyone living in the region of NYC or SoCal is in no position to tell anybody else to go out there and just play. That's like me telling starving African children life ain't so bad while I'm eating a BigMac.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 08:22:57 AM by Sphyra »
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2009, 07:57:02 AM »
for all the pc version enthusiasts whiners if you actually really like something, you will go out of your way to get it. drastic times call for drastic measures but where there is a will, there is always a way. really, these barriers are nothing. casualpovertyfags can go find something else they will enjoy with their free time.

Considering you can play the PS2 version for free already price isn't even an issue (sry 4 ruining ur meme). But if you want to play the Ad Hominem game I can call you Hitler or something.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2009, 10:04:12 AM »
don't worry guys i just learned how to program tetris in java i totally have the skills to make a caster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you do realise tropsy created the first working netplay for MBAC right
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 10:25:01 AM »

you do realise tropsy created the first working netplay for MBAC right

Yes, I used it back then too. It wasn't aimed at him. It was aimed at the statement(s) that since Mauve doesn't want to make a caster then its not worth waiting for a PC version or that netplay isn't going to happen if Mauve doesn't do it.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 12:43:47 PM »
tbh we could probably change mauves mind if we just got everyone who wants netplay to chip in like 10 bucks and he'd make mad bank off doing it but most of the netplay scene is scumming leeching assholes so that probably wont happen
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »
tbh we could probably change mauves mind if we just got everyone who wants netplay to chip in like 10 bucks and he'd make mad bank off doing it but most of the netplay scene is scumming leeching assholes so that probably wont happen

mauve's also stated he will not accept money for his coding work. he basically isn't going to do it, so you're going to have to rely on tropsy, and anyone who knows tropsy has an idea of what this means
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Sphyra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Mind Over Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 05:31:19 PM »
Means if tropsy codes a shitty caster for mbaa mauve will just fix it anyway.
Don't give in to astonishment!

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2009, 07:56:52 PM »
yeah i'm not against just fixing what other people do, it's the initial grunt work that makes me groan. i mean it's like a week of just collecting data until i can even start working on it.

frankly, it's more a matter of time and motivation than anything else. i can't do everything and i do want to work on projects of my own. this rollcaster is taking up way too much of it as it is.

and yeah, i will not involve money in my hacking work. it's on shaky legal ground to begin with but is generally accepted because it's not for profit. as soon as anything resembling cash gets involved that goes out the window right quick and i don't wanna deal with it.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2009, 09:23:11 PM »
No PC port, no hype.

I don't understand this shit at all.

The PS2 port has always brought in more people to the community, it makes running tournaments undeniably easier, and now we'll literally be playing the same game as Japanese (for those that care).

Why bother waiting for the PC version? You realize mauve is NOT making a client for it, right?

Stop waiting and start fucking playing. This year's NEC proved to me that 'oh my scene has noone' don't mean jack shit anymore.

It gets a lot easier to say this when you actually have local scene. I'm curious to know if you'd be saying the same thing if your closest casual competition was 6 hours and $100 away.

I just wanted to point that out that for a year Zarticus, myself, and Tinshi at times were doing exactly this. We'd take a bus at 6:30am from NYC and do absurd amounts of transitions just to get to a no name town in MA that had the only MB cabinet on the East Coast at the time. Our first trip there was a diaster too, but we went back several times, and this was during the time that the first PS2 version was out.

It also took years for there to be an actual local scene for 'us'. The fact that we could only get 8 people in a city of millions to play the game for three years or so was the scene, but as was said previously, where there's a will, there's a way. We could have given up years ago, but shit we're still here. We still travel, and it's not to be some 'tourneyfag' either, we geniunely love the game and the community.

Shit, the community is the best fucking part, I fucking love you guys. You guys shit over any community I've ever been a part of, and I've been part of everything at one point. That's why I'm so pushy, because I want other people to expierence this, and that's why NEC proved to me that excuses like 'we don't have a scene' don't mean shit. There were people at NEC from states that I didn't even know gave a shit about the game, but they came out anyway for the love it all.

So stop fucking waiting for the PC port and join the fucking fun already, shit.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55:42 PM »
"hi im waiting for a pc por-"

No shut up, go outside and travel to a local scene, just because you're allergic to the sun doesn't mean jack shit, that's why they make umbrellas, you'll still be pale and pasty. OH WAIT PEOPLE ASKING FOR A PC PORT DON'T DO JACK SHIT FOR THIS COMMUNITY ANYWAYS.
what the fuck is this game

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »
OH WAIT PEOPLE ASKING FOR A PC PORT DON'T DO JACK SHIT FOR THIS COMMUNITY ANYWAYS.

Then you should probably keep bitching at them to make their own scene.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2009, 11:15:11 PM »
"hi im waiting for a pc por-"

No shut up, go outside and travel to a local scene, just because you're allergic to the sun doesn't mean jack shit, that's why they make umbrellas, you'll still be pale and pasty. OH WAIT PEOPLE ASKING FOR A PC PORT DON'T DO JACK SHIT FOR THIS COMMUNITY ANYWAYS.
Oh boy, now I'm really convinced to start a local Melty scene in my area!

PC or not, people are entitled to their own style of play whether that be at the arcades, a friend's house, or through online play. Now I'm no poverty connoisseur, but in the end it looks like the same game and shit to me, whether at my house or at Snoop Dog's crib. Peepz need to chill the hell out and just play the bloody game and contribute to it here. If PC version comes out screw it, time to start busting out the laptops.